What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 28/02/2021 16:11

Posted on 28/02/2021 16:11

What another corking day.

It was lovely to hear so much different bird song this morning on our walk. We saw a few that were obviously pairing up. Jackdaws investigating chimneys, some Mistle Thrushes, Ravens, the male doing his acrobat bit to impress Mrs (no chance of me doing that without ending up in A&E).

Finished the car this afternoon. Polishing inside and glass cleaning and hoovering etc. Checked the roof work done recently. Seems satisfactory. Had a haircut. So all in all a good way to pass a day.

I haven't even thought about Scottish Power once today.smile

Tammygirl replied on 28/02/2021 19:20

Posted on 28/02/2021 14:20 by Rufs

When we put the bread down it won't stay down just keeps popping back up.

check the fuse , that is what they are designed to do when there is no power present laughing

Posted on 28/02/2021 19:20

No not the fuse, it stays down for a fraction of a second and comes on then pops up. If you turn the nob adjusting how brown you want it to the highest, it then makes a noise. OH gave it a good clean out so there wasn't any crumbs causing problems, still popped up before getting brown. If I hold the lever down it works ok.

Doesn't matter now so much, we've bought another toaster this time 4 slice one smile using up the vouchers we got for taking part in the ONS survey.

brue replied on 28/02/2021 19:53

Posted on 28/02/2021 19:53

Another beautiful view of the moon rising in the east just now, glowing from the sunset we had tonight! smile

nelliethehooker replied on 28/02/2021 20:04

Posted on 28/02/2021 20:04

Woke to frost on the ground and car windows frozen up. However the sun was up and all soon went. Had a pleasant walk around the lanes this morning before cleaning the caravan after lunch. Then another shorter walk for Flyte and myself. Looks like another clear sky tonight so more frost expected tomorrow.

nelliethehooker replied on 28/02/2021 20:17

Posted on 28/02/2021 20:17

Nellie I have great respect for you doing this all the time, I don't think I would have the same enthusiasm for touring if I was confined to the UK for much longer. Give me the ease of Europe any day.

TG, sorry about the delay in replying, I'd written one but when I went to post it I got the dreaded Essential Maintenance message 😵 so here goes again. Part of my enjoyment is the seeking out and finding both new and familiar sites to make up a decent trip. We find there are so many places we've not visited, along with those we enjoy returning to, throughout this country that we are not bother with trying to head "over there". The extra hassle required to take Flyte with us is another good reason, too. 

Takethedogalong replied on 28/02/2021 23:36

Posted on 28/02/2021 23:36

Another glorious day here. OH hit the road for a bike ride, so the pooch and I went for a walk, up to Mum’s to collect a few bits for out tea party, and then I did the dirtiest garden job of the year, the sink pond. It suffers badly from algae as it’s in full sun, so after a complete empty, and a good scrub, put it all back together with new plants, fresh gravel and a clean fountain. Fit for amorous froggy doings now😂 OH is tackling big pond tomorrow.....that will be full of lurkers in the bottom. They go in a bucket, then carefully put back. Hopefully the dog won’t want to “help”.

Whittakerr replied on 01/03/2021 13:38

Posted on 01/03/2021 13:38

I became eligible for the Covid vaccination today.

I received the NHS invitation letter this morning and booked appointments for both doses at lunch time. First dose is next Monday. Very efficient.

Wherenext replied on 01/03/2021 16:01

Posted on 01/03/2021 16:01

A bit cooler today but apart from a mist around lunchtime that threatened to outstay its welcome it's been quite sunny.

Got out to wash the little runaround today. Must be getting bored. Even spent an hour reading whilst sitting (indoors) in the sun.

Still waiting for Mrs WN to be jabbed. Looking at Doctors website it seems that they have prioritised other groups slightly before healthy 64 year olds so she'll have to wait her turn.

KjellNN replied on 01/03/2021 16:41

Posted on 01/03/2021 16:41

Lovely sunny day here, despite starting out misty.

Dentist for me at noon, tried to take the Smart nut the battery was flat.....again!   Now on charge.

Had my broken tooth fixed and work started on the one that needs a crown, could not feel my nose or one ear for ages afterwards.  2 more appointments arranged for April, just as well our trip away then had to be cancelled.

Did some more work on DD's  curtains this afternoon, it is a very difficult fabric to work with.

2 birthdays this month, number 1 and number 2 grandsons, so better get cards organised soon.

RedKite replied on 01/03/2021 17:00

Posted on 01/03/2021 17:00

A sunny day here as well and upto 20.5C, shame we were painting in the bedroom  but all finished now glad we are sleeping in the van away from the smell of paint.  Interior doors to be painted next my job to do OH got some other chores to do in the shed.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook