What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Rufs replied on 07/04/2021 09:10

Posted on 07/04/2021 09:10

Micheldever Wood yesterday and here they are, Blue Bells, not great but an aweful lot looked to be blind, also lots of Primroses, great afternoon in the sunshine, but had to drive home in a snow blizzard almost a white out and close to pulling over, but got home safe, but very cold night and very cold this morning

brue replied on 07/04/2021 10:05

Posted on 07/04/2021 10:05

Looks like another week or two and the woods will look wonderful Rufs!

We sometimes venture into the woods at Montacute, where the "Ladies Walk" is the popular bluebell wood.

I love late April and May when all the hedgerows come out. We have new people in the village who think Cow Parsley on the verges should be mown down, to me it's a lovely sight. I am trying to cultivate it on our right of way, even then some walkers knock it down.

Takethedogalong replied on 07/04/2021 11:15

Posted on 07/04/2021 11:15

I love Cow Parsley, when it’s out with the hedgerows in blossom, we think of it as the “fluffy” time of year. I am currently cultivating the lovely purple variety, my plant in a pot last year had “babies” so I have carefully dug up the seedlings and transplanted them.

Bakers2 replied on 07/04/2021 13:46

Posted on 07/04/2021 13:46

Bitterly cold here. Still frost on the cars at 0830. That cleared but was still some on the grass in the shade on our dog walk about 1000. Quite a stiff breeze but the sun was warm for the moments it was out. Washing has already dried and smells lovely, but wintry.

OH had his 2nd jab this morning - all good so far. Carpark almost at capacity but gate volunteers allocated you a vacant space which saved chaos as it's a small area and they're not always easy to spot. I sat in the car, interesting to watch some folks get their car into their spot! Thanked them as we left, both said they weren't sure if they had fingers and toes.........

If those bluebells and the other about to flower/blossom have any sense they'll hang back for a while. I love this time of the year all the lovely blossoms and flowers buusting out with the promise of brighter days. Not quite so keen on the winds from the northeast!

I wish Tammygirl would take a chill pill, I'm exhausted reading about how much she achieves in same hours as me. You do know we're human beings not human doings don't you? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Stay warm and enjoy your day

Ps I love cow parsley, my mum called it queen Ann's lace. Lovely memories of happy days dragging a stick along and watching it spring up again. Not to mention picking it for the rabbit and Guinea pig. I hope you succeed in establishing on your right of way brue.

ABM replied on 07/04/2021 15:06

Posted on 07/04/2021 15:06

Sadly though, the Eastern Bluebell fields wont look quite as pretty this year, due to some evil toads digging up eight thousand { 8000 } bulbs this week yell. At least they did not get away with them, but I have little doubt that  a number will not be successfully replanted, curse them .

brue replied on 07/04/2021 15:14

Posted on 07/04/2021 15:14

I hope they got backache doing it ABM, it's human ingenuity gone mad along with those who dug up a village pavement not long ago. They must be dim as well because they usually get caught! 🤷

PS I've read recently that emojjis tend to be used by those over a certain age...we're just not cool past sixty....😈

brue replied on 07/04/2021 15:29

Posted on 07/04/2021 15:29

Actually Brian it's a pity the perpetrators can't be forced to replant every single bulb, this might curb their enthusiasm for further exploits...wink

ABM replied on 07/04/2021 15:42

Posted on 07/04/2021 15:42

Now if only I could catch 'em bending whilst I've MillieH's cultivator thingy to hand , , , , , , , , 

{ Just imagine Brian chuckling  away coarsely    sealed }

Wherenext replied on 07/04/2021 19:01

Posted on 07/04/2021 19:01

Spent a lovely day walking and admiring all of the first sightings of flowers. So many to enjoy, including Wood Sorrel and Cowslips.

The sun didn't put in an appearance during the walk but the wind relented enough to enjoy the walk. It's still a long way down from the Aqueduct. 

Cold to start with and then you suddenly realise you've over-clothed. Back to the caravan for a shower and dinner. Sun now shining. 

Sorry to say this folks, but it felt great sleeping in the caravan again last night. Not long to wait now for those in England.

How many will be venturing forth?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook