What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Tammygirl replied on 07/04/2021 19:49

Posted on 07/04/2021 19:49

Much slower lazier day today for us smile just did the food shopping this morning then the ironing this afternoon. Slept like a log last night and didn't get up once. That rarely happens laughing

Bakers2, apologies for working so hard, chill pill taken today laughing

WN, rub it in why don't you tongue-out some of us have to wait another 3 weeks yet, glad you had a good day smile

Off to hairdresser tomorrow smile

OH going to see his Mum at the care home, he gets a test before being allowed to see her. They then sit in a room all to themselves. The home seem to be coping well  with all the changes they have had to make, it must be more work for them as they now have to set appointments every visitor as well as testing them.

Slightly less sun today and still freezing cold, solar panels have been doing well though so can't complain.

KjellNN replied on 07/04/2021 20:48

Posted on 07/04/2021 20:48

Phone call this morning, doctor's receptionist, could I come for my second vaccination on Friday?

Very surprised as that will only be 8 weeks since my first one.  Appointment confirmed for 10.10.

brue replied on 07/04/2021 20:53

Posted on 07/04/2021 20:53

That's good to hear KJ, our ten week gap is around April 18th and we'll probably have to adjust any planned breaks.

milliehull replied on 07/04/2021 21:25

Posted on 07/04/2021 21:25

Good news Kj. Hope all goes well. Mine was only 9 weeks which was a nice surprise. They seem to be concentrating on the 2nd jabs rather than the 1st at the moment.

Tammygirl replied on 07/04/2021 21:27

Posted on 07/04/2021 20:48 by KjellNN

Phone call this morning, doctor's receptionist, could I come for my second vaccination on Friday?

Very surprised as that will only be 8 weeks since my first one.  Appointment confirmed for 10.10.

Posted on 07/04/2021 21:27

Hi Kj, good news for you.

Same for my sister, she got a letter last week inviting her for her second jab this Saturday, that will be her 8th week, she is going to the mass vaccination centre.

My BIL got his letter asking him to go to his Dr (again) for his second jab next Tuesday, that will be his 9th week.

Its funny because BIL was before my sister for his first.

We've not heard yet but we were 5 days after my sister for the first one, so expecting to hear something in the next few days as we all went to the same place for our first.

ABM replied on 07/04/2021 21:31

Posted on 07/04/2021 21:31

So very pleased for all who are getting their second Vaccinations, especially KjellNN who was so worried a few weeks back  smile  ~~ that is one less worry on his mind, as I hope it is for all of you !!

nelliethehooker replied on 07/04/2021 22:05

Posted on 07/04/2021 22:05

Good to hear that many are now getting their second jabs. It does mean that they don't have to postpone going away or change plans to fit it in.

You should sleep well tonight, WN, after the walking and fresh country air.

I had to queue for over 30 mins to get into our BS this morning as it's only a small branch and are operating a single person in at a time. Then went for a bracing walk by the shore. This afternoon blew up the tyres on both the caravan and the car in preparation for the off in a week's time.

Bakers2 replied on 07/04/2021 22:26

Posted on 07/04/2021 22:26

Nelliethehooker you were only supposed to blow the doors off 😱

I'll get my coat. Night all

papgeno replied on 07/04/2021 23:19

Posted on 07/04/2021 23:19

We've walked our usual four and bit miles each day this week. Cloudless blue skies but the wind has been nithering. Out of the north or thereabouts and quite strong on the tops.

I was reminded of a line from Sea Fever by John Masefield " where the wind's like a whetted knife"

I had my second jab last Sunday but my OH who had the first jab a fortnight after me got her second three days before me!

Rufs replied on 08/04/2021 09:06

Posted on 08/04/2021 09:06

"OH going to see his Mum at the care home, he gets a test before being allowed to see her. They then sit in a room all to themselves. The home seem to be coping well with all the changes they have had to make, it must be more work for them as they now have to set appointments every visitor as well as testing them."

this must be very difficult for staff, we have to travel 200 miles round trip to see MIL for a 30 minute visit,   and i have to wait in the car, we have to arrive 1 hr before visiting time, take a test, wait 30 mins for result, then 30 mins visiting, but must'nt complain OH not seen her mum since last year except on FT, hopefully as of next Monday 2 visitors will be allowed at one time so OH and sister will be able to visit together. The nursing home has only just come out of lock down after having 5 recent new cases of covid-19 so you can understand why they are so cautious.

Meeting up with Gkids this morning at the Beach house for late breakfast then a brisk circular walk with the dogs into Warsash and return. sun doing its best to appear but not holding my breath.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook