What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DEBSC replied on 08/04/2021 09:14

Posted on 08/04/2021 09:14

We had our first jabs on 1st February, second jab booked at that time by them, 11weeks and 5 days, so cutting it fine for the 12 week gap. Itching to get away but would have to dash back so decided to wait. Not moaning, feeling lucky to be getting them at all but willing it to be done now, especially now hearing others shorter gaps between them.

JVB66 replied on 08/04/2021 09:35

Posted on 08/04/2021 09:35

Not as cold this morning, when out with Rosa

,Some days we do not see anybody on our first outing (about 0645-0700) and then like this morning we had a mass (well 7) social distancing conference (except the dogs) surprised

One topic was the amount of Hi brid vehicles now in area but very few Evs and also we now  have 8 new VW campers around the area (one just obtained by one of the dog walkers) also the hi brids are all 2019 or later,as was noted there is not the charging infrastructure available for EVs one comment was that it seems EVs are owned (in this area) by those who have charging points at work, as very few can have the facility a home

KjellNN replied on 08/04/2021 09:45

Posted on 07/04/2021 21:27 by Tammygirl

Hi Kj, good news for you.

Same for my sister, she got a letter last week inviting her for her second jab this Saturday, that will be her 8th week, she is going to the mass vaccination centre.

My BIL got his letter asking him to go to his Dr (again) for his second jab next Tuesday, that will be his 9th week.

Its funny because BIL was before my sister for his first.

We've not heard yet but we were 5 days after my sister for the first one, so expecting to hear something in the next few days as we all went to the same place for our first.

Posted on 08/04/2021 09:45

Yes, similar here, surprised not only by the 8 weeks, but also as OH had hers 10 days before me, so now 9 weeks +, and she has heard nothing as yet.  

Her appointment was sent out in the post and she had to attend a different centre from me, and she had Pfizer while I had AZ.

brue replied on 08/04/2021 09:47

Posted on 08/04/2021 09:47

Sorting out delivery due for us and neighbours today, after this week I've managed to extend the gap but I still woke early thinking I'd got to get on line to get a slot!

I'm wondering what to do if we go away. One neighbour spends most of the day in bed. I'm hoping Wales will be released soon and I will ask their family to help....well that's the theory. (The house sale is going at a snails place for our neighbours to be nearer family.)

The sun is shining and it's slightly milder. We had some help in the garden yesterday and I need to go and do my bit to keep things going. The wood arrives for the pergola tomorrow, OH has marked out the plan on the ground...smile

I will feel better when we know about our booster jabs, we will be more free to go off somehwere or meet up with family.

cyberyacht replied on 08/04/2021 12:34

Posted on 08/04/2021 12:34

Had our second Pfizer at 8 weeks almost two weeks ago now so ostensibly relatively Covid-proof. Collected MH after Hab & Damp check. Payload on wallet has now gone up. frown All raring to go now and off to Salisbury C&CC for  a few days to get back into the swing of things.

heddlo replied on 08/04/2021 13:24

Posted on 08/04/2021 13:24

We booked our second jab at the same time as the first, so 12 weeks on the 23rd April for us, unless we hear different I suppose.  We have booked a few days at a local CL to sort out the caravan and get used to things again.  I think we may have forgotten some of the ins and outs after all these months!! 

Tammygirl replied on 08/04/2021 14:55

Posted on 08/04/2021 14:55

Typical April day today, can't make its mind up what to do. The only consistent thing is the wind, its not let up for days now. 

Hair cut this morning for me smile didn't need much off as I've been doing it myself, its just the back that's a bit awkward. 

Not heard yet about our second vaccine but should hear something soon going by others we know here. 

OH's visit to his Mum went well this morning but she does need some new slippers, the ones she has are smooth soles and she keeps slipping on the uncarpeted floors (dining room and bathroom) she has Parkinson's so can't feel her feet much. 

ABM replied on 08/04/2021 16:26

Posted on 08/04/2021 16:26

As T~G says, it's a typical April Day but at least 1 ) I managed to get stuck into burning off some weeds laughing before lunch ( coffee & a bag of crinkle cut crisps  wink )  then spent a while going thro the post.

One of my Mags turned up, but with Good news / Bad news sections --  the bad news being the likelihood of  steam engine owners needing to start searching out suppliers of coal in the not-too-distant-future yell. Sadly it seems that it will have to be sourced in Russia, South America or elsewhere,  Sheer madness !!  About as 'Green' as a bucketful of tar -- almost like importing wood chip by the ship load from Canada to power up Generating Stations.

At least there will be a few Steam Engine Rallies likely to go ahead just to cheer us up before Lock Downs 4 & 5 !!

The Prime Rally will take place on MAY 1ST !!  After a successful show in 2020 It is to be called the " TwitterSteamRally2 "  ~~  After raising almost £4000  they are hoping for the target of £5000  --  so guess where to find it  ~~>  #TwitterSteamRally2  on Facebook / Twitter

From Lickle Mamods up to dgb Marshalls  and all available on yer screen at 'ome  --  I'm hoping to get myself a new Mug  !!

Wherenext replied on 08/04/2021 16:30

Posted on 07/04/2021 23:19 by papgeno

We've walked our usual four and bit miles each day this week. Cloudless blue skies but the wind has been nithering. Out of the north or thereabouts and quite strong on the tops.

I was reminded of a line from Sea Fever by John Masefield " where the wind's like a whetted knife"

I had my second jab last Sunday but my OH who had the first jab a fortnight after me got her second three days before me!

Posted on 08/04/2021 16:30

I like that "We must go down to the Sea again...."  by Masefield. He got that whetted knife description just right.

It was a bit like that today when caught out in the open. Drove to Chirk Castle, had a coffee then headed in the opposite direction from everyone else and went on a circular walk over part of the estate but also found ourselves on the hillside over the other side of the River Ceiriog. A nice easy 6 miles but plenty of nature to keep us occupied.

Wind has got up back on site. Still only the 3 units on this small adult only site. Not complaining.😁

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook