What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

ABM replied on 14/05/2021 23:02

Posted on 14/05/2021 23:02

Seeing your photos, WN, I was transported down " Discussions" to a part of  'Fun and Trivia'

" When the Lighthouse shines across the Bay "  ~~ Conrad Veidt

Now that ditty will be annoying Brian until he drops off to night wink

ADP1963 replied on 15/05/2021 09:36

Posted on 15/05/2021 09:36

Going to a big rave at Wolverley on the 18th to the 21st. should be good fun plenty of loud music and jollity. surprisedlaughingwink

SteveL replied on 15/05/2021 09:57

Posted on 15/05/2021 09:57

A lovely day here at Kyle of Lochalsh. Currently sat in the van in the Coop car park while the OH shops for weekend supply’s. Then it’s off to Kinlochewe for a couple of days. It will be the first transit day when it hasn’t been raining cats and dogs, so the drive should be pleasant. We did right getting here fairly early, there was plenty of room in the car park but now filling up fast. It won’t be long before I’m in the way.

Tinwheeler replied on 15/05/2021 10:10

Posted on 15/05/2021 10:10

I remember that Co-op, Steve. Have you nipped over the bridge to Skye?

Kinlochewe and the surrounding area is pretty spectacular too. We saw a pine marten in the village.

moulesy replied on 15/05/2021 10:18

Posted on 15/05/2021 09:11 by cyberyacht

We are off to Wolverley for three nights on Tuesday. Forecast is less than promising though. Could be some soggy canalside walks. 

Posted on 15/05/2021 10:18

If you do get a good day, CY, it's well worth the short drive to Kinver Rock Houses which are interesting (but check opening times) and a short, not too difficult climb takes you up onto Kinver Edge where there is a wonderful viewpoint covering, from memory, 7 counties. smile

brue replied on 15/05/2021 11:53

Posted on 15/05/2021 09:11 by cyberyacht

We are off to Wolverley for three nights on Tuesday. Forecast is less than promising though. Could be some soggy canalside walks. 

Posted on 15/05/2021 11:53

If you walk towards the village and up the path to the church and drop down the Rocky lane to the Queens Head pub, there is a nice sheltered woodland walk through their car park. It's a sort of mini Kinver type area which Moulesy has mentioned. There is a cafe next to the pub, we ate outside at the pub but the cafe looked more popular.

Yes it looked like a noisy weekend ahead ADP..wink

Takethedogalong replied on 15/05/2021 12:05

Posted on 15/05/2021 12:05

We had a lovely active day out with MH yesterday. I was dropped off on the Trans Pennine Trail and given instructions to “follow the signs”🤣 Lovely scenery, nice cycling surface and my first time through a long ex railway tunnel. Arrived at Dunford Bridge, needed to climb a (very,very) steep incline up to Winscar Reservoir. Level 5 on motor, little legs going like Wilma Flintstone, puffing like train, but I made it without getting off. Even managed to pass a couple of other cyclists pushing up. (Got a cheer for keeping going, did confess I had help😂)

Nice picnic spot up by Reservoir, some good bird life. After lunch OH disappeared on his bike towards Shelley, Denby Dale, Penistone, proper Yorkshire cycling territory. Weather was kind as well, dry if a tad cool. Pooch had a good day, he did part of TPT, then had a good snooze until teatime. We had a nice dinner as well after our day, all cooked in MH. Finally arrived home around 8.45pm. Another similar day planned for next week as well.😁

Takethedogalong replied on 15/05/2021 12:24

Posted on 15/05/2021 12:24

We are just cherry picking our days at the moment Brue, dodging the weather. We might stop out a night next week, if there’s a space on a CL somewhere. That moor behind the reservoir is Holme Moss/Woodhead, so we were surprised no rain. It can get very bleak up there at times. We have Peak District on our doorstep, so some great places to spend a day from home. I think OH has Monsal Dale and it’s tunnel planned for me soon. Hope your tour going well👍

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook