What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 17/05/2021 10:16

Posted on 16/05/2021 18:39 by Wherenext

Ttda, we count anyone who sends an email to us as friends. It's a very loose term.๐Ÿ˜ 

Posted on 17/05/2021 10:16

Cheeky๐Ÿ˜‚

Takethedogalong replied on 17/05/2021 10:18

Posted on 17/05/2021 10:15 by JVB66

Very grey start here today, 

Several aircraft this morning out of Luton,surprised gone quiet nowlaughing

Big  discussion last night  and a shuffle of our bookings, means we are not staying  at home now until 22nd June (possibly)have advised sprogs and our neighbours, will need a trip home via commons wood to readjust and can now lighten load carried

Now found OH much safer from falls in c/van, have also worked out easier method of transporting her buggy

Posted on 17/05/2021 10:18

Good to hear your OH is doing ok๐Ÿ‘ And that you have got the buggy sorted. 

JVB66 replied on 17/05/2021 10:22

Posted on 16/05/2021 17:27 by Wherenext

Tammy wrote

Shopping up here is a bit different, only one shop and quite often not much choice if the delivery man is due. Bread was ยฃ1.79 and 4 pints of milk ยฃ1.75. When you are used to Aldi and Lidl prices it comes as a shock. ๐Ÿ˜

Only ยฃ1.79 eh? You lucky girl. Try buying Gluten Free bread and see how much that costs, especially per slice. ยฃ2.50 for about 12 slices for me.smile

We knew some rain was due about 11ish today so stayed local and went to the nature reserve just up the road for an hour and a half. Got home and, yep, rained. This afternoon though has been lovely but some on site complaining the north and east coast of the islands wet. We went for a walk for a good 5 miles on the west coast without any rain and a good bit of sunshine.

We had an email from some friends in Norfolk asking whether "You 2 Gypsies are likely to be home mid June as we're heading your way". Typical of their bad luck as we ARE.laughing So, it will be nice to see them again. Have to see if we can manage something as one of them can't walk very far.

Hope those away are having fun.

Posted on 17/05/2021 10:22

Only £1.75 for milk.  It is £2.00 in the village store heresurprised

JVB66 replied on 17/05/2021 10:29

Posted on 17/05/2021 10:18 by Takethedogalong

Good to hear your OH is doing ok๐Ÿ‘ And that you have got the buggy sorted. 

Posted on 17/05/2021 10:29

Thanks it was this trip to see if we could and whether we were going to go for PVC and trailer ,but glad we seem OK as we are, and buggy and Rosa can be in car for outingscool

Francis replied on 17/05/2021 11:14

Posted on 17/05/2021 09:57 by brue

I've enjoyed reading about the various trips on here, Scotland is looking good Steve, especially with clear skies. 

We had an amble out to Crossthwaite yesterday evening, I hadn't looked at the old church before, obviously can't go inside but the outside is very interesting, such an ancient spot.

We're taking it easy in Keswick! 

Posted on 17/05/2021 11:14

Sounds like a good trip Brue we are heading down to the Lakes at the end of this month really looking forward to it. We like Keswick a great place for a walk around with some nice pubs out favourites are the Oddfellows Inn and The Bank Tavern the meals at the Bank are lovely.

Enjoy 

cyberyacht replied on 17/05/2021 17:49

Posted on 17/05/2021 10:22 by JVB66

Only ยฃ1.75 for milk.  It is ยฃ2.00 in the village store heresurprised

Posted on 17/05/2021 17:49

Did you get the cow thrown in for that price?

Been loading the van today. Perhaps I should add more milk plus gluten free bread for OH.

Tammygirl replied on 17/05/2021 18:21

Posted on 17/05/2021 18:21

Wow, last 2 days have been great weather. So good yesterday that I caught the sun sitting outside the van when we got here.

What a drive that was, fantastic scenery. The last 5 miles were 'interesting' single roads passing places and blind summit's throw in a fair few bends and its like a rollercoaster. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

All worth it when you get here, the site is great, mix of mobiles, MHs, caravans and tents. The owners are everything you want them to be. We are very fortunate in that we have a front row pitch looking over the beach. The views take in Skye and Lewis and the coast going back to Ullapool. We did a nice walk this morning out across the beach and up the cliffs, lots of knee work and don't mine know it. This afternoon we did a 10 mile bike ride.

WN I will put both site's details on once I get back. If I can manage to put photos on I will if not I'll email you.

Nellie, Moray won't affect us on this trip as last stop is the CL at Dornoch

SteveL, enjoy Poolewe its a great place.

Hope everyone out and about is having as good a trip as us.

Wherenext replied on 17/05/2021 18:35

Posted on 17/05/2021 18:35

A full day out today as it was dry, occasionally sunny and sometimes even warm ( but not often).

Drove to Beaumaris and used our CADW membership to have a look around the castle. First day fully open. Nice if you like walls but as Edward 1 decided he needed the money to fight the pesky Scots instead of the pesky Welsh the castle remained incomplete. Cowboy builders if you ask me.

So we took ourselves off for a 6 mile circular walk along the beach and inland. A very enjoyable walk all told. Back for an ice cream.

Packed away most items as we're off home tomorrow. Enjoyed our stay on this new to us CL and have found something to do every day despite the weather trying hard to thwart us. Roll on next Tuesday as we're away again.

DavidKlyne replied on 17/05/2021 20:43

Posted on 17/05/2021 20:43

Went for my first paid for haircut in what must be 15 months today. When I got there it had changed hands having been run by the same guy for the last 10/15 years. The original owner has apparently set, I found this out later, up a new  barbers which is closer to me!!! Anyway it only cost me a tenner which included a tip. 

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook