What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 18/05/2021 08:56

Posted on 17/05/2021 11:14 by Francis

Sounds like a good trip Brue we are heading down to the Lakes at the end of this month really looking forward to it. We like Keswick a great place for a walk around with some nice pubs out favourites are the Oddfellows Inn and The Bank Tavern the meals at the Bank are lovely.

Enjoy 

Posted on 18/05/2021 08:56

Thanks Francis, we've had a nice time in Keswick, we tried the Bank Tavern last time we were here, working our way round! Moving on soon. 

Not sure whether it's CT or site Wi-Fi but it's hard to get through.

SteveL replied on 18/05/2021 08:58

Posted on 18/05/2021 08:58

A bit of a grey day yesterday, with only limited sunshine. It was however generally dry, which is the main thing. Currently at C&CC Poolewe, our first time on one of the other clubs sites. It is very well situated, just off the coast road along the side of Loch Ewe. (It is in the middle of the picture taken across the loch) Only a short walk one way into the village and the other way to NTS Inverewe Gardens. It’s a lovely little site, not quite as plush as the CC but perfectly adequate and substantially cheaper with old fogies discount.

Although it was its location that brought us here, to visit the gardens. However,I didn’t think it was going to be possible as the Web site said it was only open at the back end of the week, which was not the case when I checked a bit back. Fortunately although the visitors centre, shop etc are closed, the gardeners were working and access was allowed, although some paths were fenced off for maintenance. A gardener told us they currently haven’t enough people to open fully every day, although should be again in June. It was well worth the visit the Rhododendrons were large and spectacular. For anyone passing through rather than stopping at the site, there is plenty of dedicated MH parking. 

Rufs replied on 18/05/2021 09:12

Posted on 18/05/2021 09:12

Returned yesterday after 3 weeks in the sun in glorious Dorset, well not all the timefoot-in-mouth, we did have our moments when we thought the awning was going to end up in the sea, but in the main weather has been great, not very warm, but this makes for great walking weather, if anyone should visit can highly recommend Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens for a day out which has some fantastic views across Chisel beach and surrounding area, apparently the swanery is worth a visit also but not dog friendly so only saw from a distance>

Glad many are having great trips, we are off to Cornwall in a couple of weeks, are we missing Spain/France, not one bit and after speaking to our daughter yesterday it would appear they are going to introduce more visas just to make life difficult yell, so staycation for us certainly for this year  

RedKite replied on 18/05/2021 12:45

Posted on 18/05/2021 12:45

Glad everybody enjoying their breaks away and great photos, we are off 2 weeks this Saturday and staying in two different gites in the Cantal area an area I have always  wanted to go to, feel at this time better in a gite than our own van as it does not have a shower in, hopefully the weather is looking to improve and warmer.

Just been for 2nd jab a different nurse and more painful this time felt like a blunt needle even OH said his not as good as 1st jab, glad to be back home as I was driving, so a quiet afternoon, our friends are having theirs tomorrow, a friend of theirs is a senior nurse on Isle of Wight had hers a few days ago and ending up going to bed as she was so tired she has eased off give Corvid  jabs now as most of the island are done she has been doing a hundred jabs a day but also all the paperwork to go with it where as here we went into the waiting area and was called in and straight away to the nurse then 15 minute sit down and then given paperwork and will be sent certificate via email so from going in to jab 4 minutes not bad at all, got the shopping done as well even managed to get some new summer clothes from Leclerc when folk thought it was from tomorrow for clothes but assistant working with the clothes section no problem you can buy today so a lot folk looking at the clothes suddenly a lot of stuff going in the trolleys almost like a sale day ha ha.

Wherenext replied on 18/05/2021 18:16

Posted on 18/05/2021 18:16

Good to hear things are progressing for you RK.

We had a pleasant and easy drive home this morning. Bit of a faff when we pulled into the cul-de-sac as one removal van filling up whilst two others waiting to discharge. Still, managed to get the caravan parked up and unpacked. I was going to give it a quick wash but rain interrupted play.

Did some food shopping instead.

Feel refreshed. 

nelliethehooker replied on 18/05/2021 20:57

Posted on 18/05/2021 20:57

Sunday started off sunny, so the washer came out, and while OH guarded the drying wash I took Flyte out for an hour's walk from the van. With the washing dry we headed off after lunch for a walk in Canaston Woods, and of course just as we arrived the rain came on so out with the brollies and we only walked down to Blackpool Bridge and Mill. Yesterday was a completely dry day,and we first visited Tenby. Not having been before we were pleasantly surprised, expecting a Blackpool clone and instead it was more like Whitby especially around the harbour and castle. From there we found a good car park up above the cliffs at Skrinkle Haven where we had lunch then a walk along the coastal path. Ended off the afternoon of our last day in Pembrokeshire with a visit to view Manorbier Castle.

Following a little rain overnight the morning started off fine so we got away dry. Ran into some rain as we headed north past the Presselli Hills, dry when we arrived on site but got caught in a shower as we finished setting up on our latest CL. Had a couple of light rain showers during our walk after lunch but we didn't get very wet,thankfully and now have a pleasant evening.

ABM replied on 18/05/2021 22:57

Posted on 18/05/2021 09:06 by DavidKlyne

Brian

There has got to be some perks of growing oldwink

David

Posted on 18/05/2021 22:57

And That's how I recognised it, Young David, pure experience  innocent

brue replied on 19/05/2021 15:26

Posted on 19/05/2021 15:26

We've had a lovely run from west to east, leaving Keswick via Alston the views on Hartside were spectacular, as far as the Solway Firth. Hardly any traffic north via Rothbury and now on the coast near Seahouses..quite a change! Hope to have a family meet up at a local hostelry in a couple of days.

Sites very busy.

Hope all the other breaks and home stays are good, I think our garden back home must be very soggy.

Bakers2 replied on 19/05/2021 16:13

Posted on 19/05/2021 16:13

Brue sounds wonderful. Your garden maybe soggy but frost free fir at least another week, then hopefully all risk of frost will have gone.

Boring here but great progress being made on clearing loft items. Several dump and charity runs. New homes found for bits, including a delivery to grandson when we visit at the weekend 😃. One case for me to go through, the only box requiring OH attention still awaits him 🤐. Plus a suitcase of vinyl  which I suspect will require a dump run asconditions not conducive 😱🤐. I'll be putting a few bits back but aiming not to add further. Rest of house now neglected so will need a good clean!

Sounds like folks away are enjoying themselves.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook