What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 26/09/2021 09:09

Posted on 26/09/2021 09:09

We usually fill up after a trip due to fluctuating fuel prices, we didn't do it this time so just hoping things improve over the next two weeks. But I guess it will now take even longer for tankers to get round. frown

DavidKlyne replied on 26/09/2021 09:21

Posted on 26/09/2021 09:21

I suppose the fuel shortage will work out the same as toilet rolls. When everyone has more than enough there will be a plentiful supply? I always fill the motorhome up after every trip so I always start with a full tank, last did that a week ago. Must check the car which has probably got more than half a tank but we tend to do far fewer miles in the car. It seems when ever the official advice is not to do something the public do the opposite?  The supply of lorry drivers is not going to be resolved anytime soon so I expect we will have to put up with the situation for a while longer yet.

David

JVB66 replied on 26/09/2021 10:12

Posted on 26/09/2021 10:12

The problem i have and others i suspect ,is going to be finding fuel for our car, i have to take OH to Stevenage Hospital  tomorrow ,our car is low on fuel, as there has been no need to use it since our last tow back from FM ,what can i now do? OH needs me around because of her falls,so i cannot spend a long time today looking for fuel

Ps  I think this will get more people to buy alternative fuelled vehicles (conspiricy theory)wink

The shortage of HGV drivers it seems is in many countries not just the UK  and has not just happened  ,as some would like us to believe,

replied on 26/09/2021 10:16

Posted on 26/09/2021 10:16

It seems when ever the official advice is not to do something the public do the opposite?  

Not a surprise really - Human nature.

replied on 26/09/2021 10:37

Posted on 26/09/2021 10:37

The problem i have and others i suspect ,is going to be finding fuel for our car, i have to take OH to Stevenage Hospital tomorrow 

Before venturing out for fuel check fuel stations in your area on google maps. It shows a few around me as closed.

Tammygirl replied on 26/09/2021 11:25

Posted on 26/09/2021 11:25

Sitting in the sunshine having done all my chores smile washing all done and almost dry, van cleaned inside and once again tidy.

We are moving on tomorrow going to give the north Spanish coast a try. The forecast is mixed but they have been wrong so many times over the last few weeks we are going to chance it.

Millie, sorry to hear of your TIA, I know how scary they are. Good that your OH took you to A&E straight away, now you are in the system you will get the correct treatment.

NTH, sorry to hear Flyte is having problems with his eyes, hope they get better soon.

The fuel situation isn't good is it. I remember being over here when there was a strike on once. It was worrying as we were on our way home and was concerned we might not get diesel. As it turned out we did. Hope it gets sorted before we return, we can fill up at Calais but will need another one before getting home. That's not until the end of October so I'm sure it will be better by then.

DavidKlyne replied on 26/09/2021 11:50

Posted on 26/09/2021 10:12 by JVB66

The problem i have and others i suspect ,is going to be finding fuel for our car, i have to take OH to Stevenage Hospital  tomorrow ,our car is low on fuel, as there has been no need to use it since our last tow back from FM ,what can i now do? OH needs me around because of her falls,so i cannot spend a long time today looking for fuel

Ps  I think this will get more people to buy alternative fuelled vehicles (conspiricy theory)wink

The shortage of HGV drivers it seems is in many countries not just the UK  and has not just happened  ,as some would like us to believe,

Posted on 26/09/2021 11:50

Just a thought could you not take your OH with you when you go in search of fuel, just to be on the safe side?

JVB66 replied on 26/09/2021 14:13

Posted on 26/09/2021 11:50 by DavidKlyne

Just a thought could you not take your OH with you when you go in search of fuel, just to be on the safe side?

Posted on 26/09/2021 14:13

Yes I could ,if she was of that frame of mind at present, ,it is difficult frown

I need a haircut as wellsurprised

We have decided the bus is the mode of transport for tomorrow wink

Francis replied on 26/09/2021 14:54

Posted on 26/09/2021 14:54

We got home early this afternoon from a nice weekend at Ayr Craigie Gardens club site it was very busy but emptied this morning. Easy 35 min tow home for us quiet roads. Got the van washed and cleaned out and back on it’s space on the drive not away next weekend but heading down to Chester for 10 days in a couple of weeks so looking forward to that. Busy week ahead this week then a family christening next weekend which should be good looking forward to that will be nice to catch up with family again.

Wherenext replied on 26/09/2021 15:08

Posted on 26/09/2021 15:08

Had a very relaxing day up to now.

This morning we drove the short distance to Much Wenlock and visited the Priory. I had a good wander around whilst Mrs WN decided to do a drawing . Lovely sunshine this morning. We came back to the caravan for lunch and then visited Benthall NT which is walkable from the C.L. The Comma butterfly was taken in their vegetable garden and the little hut was there as well. The sun has now disappeared but still dry.

Not sure what we'll do for diesel. I still have over half a tank left after yesterday's drive and I'll have enough to get me home to North Wales. If I see anywhere tomorrow in Ironbridge I'll top it up. As DK said it should all settle down soon. Bit worrying for those far away from home.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook