What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Tammygirl replied on 27/09/2021 17:23

Posted on 27/09/2021 17:23

We've arrived in Spain smile and so has the rain.

We are the west side of San Sebastian at Zarautz. Its a big site 440 pitches, quite a few permanent ones. Great views over the bay and town below (we are on a cliff top) in good weather I think it would be stunning as the mountains are behind the town.

Moving on again tomorrow to Gijon area, doing all our sightseeing en route. Think weather is to be mixed. 

Surprising how busy it is here, lots of surfers but also lots of German vans. Not overly generous sized pitches for MHs and definitely not 6m between units laughing

milliehull replied on 27/09/2021 18:05

Posted on 27/09/2021 18:05

Thanks all for all your good wishes. Much appreciated. I spent the morning at the hospital as consultant rang and wanted me have a scan of my neck (to make sure the blood flow is going to the brain OK), All was good. Had a chat with the consultant afterwards.  He is happy so far. MRI scan appointment to be sent in due course. He said it was fine for us to go away to the coast as planned this week so will set off after son sets off for NI tomorrow. 

I hope Flyte's eye settle down soon nellie but it sounds as though there are plenty of recommended vets in Cornwall if needed.

Hope the rain holds off for you TG and that you have a good time in Spain.

Hope those away and planning to go away get some fuel.  We went to get some on Saturday. Yes there was a queue but we didn't have to wait for long.  There was a notice saying £30 maximum.  The women in front us us went to pay and then moved forward by one pump and put another £30 in! When OH went in to pay the guy on the till was having a 'mutter' about it. Son went to do some shopping at our small Tesco garage round the corner this afternoon and said there were only 2 cars there. Daughter is being very smug as they have just bought an electric car!

brue replied on 27/09/2021 18:56

Posted on 27/09/2021 18:56

Pleased to hear your news MIllie, hope everything goes well and you can all enjoy your planned trip to the coast. smile

We are bracing ourselves for the final week of the open studios. We've had over 100 visitors up to the weekend, wish I could direct the weather, it was so good last week and that helps things along! Leaf sweeping duties begin again in earnest and I think the farmer is about to start muck spreading in the field behind us.....surprised

Interesting to hear about your Spanish tour TG, hope the weather improves.

Sounds like a good holiday in Wales Moulesy.

I've heard from Canada that Turkeys are in short supply for Thanksgiving, looks like it could be the same here at Christmas (I'm sure Turkeys will be pleased to hear that) so I'm hearing about the same issues with food and deliveries from a worldwide viewpoint. I think there'll be much hunkering down this Autunm and Winter. šŸ

Wherenext replied on 27/09/2021 20:27

Posted on 27/09/2021 20:27

wanted me have a scan of my neck (to make sure the blood flow is going to the brain OK), All was good

You sure you don't want a second opinion Millie?laughing Good luck. Will this impact on your days at the cathedral when you get back from your break? BTW, enjoy the break.

Looked at the weather forecast for tomorrow at home and decided after lunch to head on home so we packed up and got back without a problem. We weren't doing a lot today as weather quite poor first thing and I hadn't manage to fill up since leaving Wiltshire so didn't want to travel far.

Essentials unpacked, the rest can wait until tomorrow. Spoke to a neighbour who told me the local Shell garage had some diesel so as I was down to less than a quarter tank I rushed around there and paid the premium to fill up. We left Mrs WNs car fairly light on petrol when we went away and hope to use it whilst we're home for a fortnight so I suppose I will be looking to fill that one as well tomorrow. Should have filled it 5 weeks ago.yell

How long do you have the festival on for Brue?

Have you got a destination in mind TG?

DavidKlyne replied on 27/09/2021 20:27

Posted on 27/09/2021 20:27

We both had our Flu jabs today. A bit earlier than normal as they are usually towards the end of October. Just have to wait now for our invitations for our COVID booster jabs from the NHS. 

Whilst we were out in the car, decided to pass by the nearest Tesco to see if they had any fuel. Fortunately they did but no diesel or the cheaper petrol. I do from time to time do a fill up of the "better" petrol anyway. It was all well organised  and we were probably delayed no more than 10 mins. All the queuing was on Tesco premises so no one inconvenienced.

David

Tammygirl replied on 27/09/2021 21:12

Posted on 27/09/2021 21:12

Have you got a destination in mind TG?

Not hard and fast, hoping to go to Santiago but if the weather isn't favourable we will just turn left and head south. Once the weather turns here at this time of year it doesn't really recover. Still have 4 weeks left so can pick and choose.

You sound like you've had a good trip.

milliehull replied on 27/09/2021 21:24

Posted on 27/09/2021 21:24

I did wonder whether to ask for a 2nd opinion WN but decided to quit while I was ahead! I hope my days at the cathedral wont be affected. We shall see. I am pleased you got home safely and and also got some fuel.

Brue I hope you get good weather for the last week of the Open Studios.

replied on 27/09/2021 21:29

Posted on 27/09/2021 21:12 by Tammygirl

Have you got a destination in mind TG?

Not hard and fast, hoping to go to Santiago but if the weather isn't favourable we will just turn left and head south. Once the weather turns here at this time of year it doesn't really recover. Still have 4 weeks left so can pick and choose.

Posted on 27/09/2021 21:29

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Wherenext replied on 27/09/2021 22:01

Posted on 27/09/2021 22:01

Hi TG, yes we really enjoyed the trip this time around. The very decent amount of weather we had helped .

Still trying to avoid some situations where we don't feel comfortable with and to be honest that was probably the hardest part. We're still used to face masks on public transport and in shops in Wales, something akin to your regs so to see a fair number willingly abandoning these came as a shock to the system but we tried to shop at quiet times, only ate out twice in 5 weeks and visited inside of Houses etc. when things were quieter etc. Didn't stop us enjoying it though. A lot of time spent walking or on the bikes.

Hope the rest of your trip goes to whatever plan you eventually come up with!laughing

Takethedogalong replied on 27/09/2021 22:05

Posted on 27/09/2021 22:05

Good to hear things went ok Millie.šŸ‘ Hope the weather stays nice/improves for those overseas.

We had a lot of rain early this morning, but by breakfast it had stopped, and the sun was back out. Quite a drop in temperature though. We started our Autumn foraging today. We pick up sticks and pine cones to use as stove kindling once it has dried out. Also had an afternoon woodchopping, getting some of our stored wood cut to stove size, and moved around to dry out further. It’s a task we both enjoy thankfully. Mid way through I had to break off as my Mum wasn’t to well today. It’s so rare for her to be poorly to be honest, and I think she was frightened more than anything else. But Sis and me sorted her, I left her more confident and comfortable. It’s a worry though, can’t rely on doctors, and it would be hours and hours in A&Eā˜¹ļø Hopefully she will be fine tomorrow. I normally take her out for a drive, but a bit difficult with fuel situation at the moment. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook