What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 27/09/2021 22:56

Posted on 27/09/2021 22:56

Fingers crossed Ttda.

MiL was glad to see us back. Well she was glad to see Mrs.WN.πŸ˜‚ I think she prefers to have her decisions made for her at the moment plus she's very worried about all sorts of things, some understandably so but others trivial. You'll no doubt have the same scenario.πŸ˜‰

brue replied on 28/09/2021 08:30

Posted on 28/09/2021 08:30

We're doing the open studios till next Sunday WN, today we have another learning disabilities group. It's very wet outside so I'm going to open up our conservatory for their picnic lunch, plenty of room in there and a big table to gather round.

Do hope your respective Mums, WN and TDA continue to keep well for as long as possible.

Our local surgery got cracking early on flu jabs, much to everyone's surprise so most of us have been "done." Helped by the pharmacy next door doing walk in sessions. Unfortunately we had duplicate letters advising us of all this after we had the jabs....! But I suspect it will be longer for the Covid booster.

We're just hoping the fuel situation improves for our next m/h trip. There seems to be a revolving door problem with people filling up.

replied on 28/09/2021 13:03

Posted on 28/09/2021 13:03

We're just hoping the fuel situation improves for our next m/h trip. There seems to be a revolving door problem with people filling up.

We have 2 fuel stations that I pass. 1 in our local Asda I have passed several times and the fuel umps have been in full use on every occasion. It does not look like a shortage to me but a panic. I have rarely seen such a high volume of custom. The local Shell garage seems similarly under siege. 

DavidKlyne replied on 28/09/2021 13:15

Posted on 28/09/2021 13:15

I wonder if the press and the Government were to go quiet on the subject of the buying of fuel for 24 hours the problem would resolve itself? It is a self inflicted problem by those that mentioned it in the first place! Its perfectly natural for people to want to keep tanks topped up if they fear a shortage as you never know when you might have to make an unexpected urgent journey. It's not so much panic but self preservation. Fortunately both my car (as of yesterday) and motorhome (always fill up after a trip away)  have full tanks so I won't be adding to the rush for a week or two and I suspect eventually many will be in the same position.

David

JVB66 replied on 28/09/2021 16:50

Posted on 28/09/2021 16:50

What waiting list for NHS services? ,spent most of the day at our nearest main Hospital with OH (bus driver dropped us off near the entrance,to save OH about 50yd walk)  before usual bus stopsurprised)

Really thorough examinations and tests,even a CT scan,,several suggestions and theories?even gave us lunchsmile

Nurse in charge said she would make some phone calls

Had a call from local assesment team yesterday evening ,to ask if one of the team could visit today .arrived right on time checked OH again (thats four times in 8days)and third time for house said her walking frame was the wrong size ,went away came back hour ago with two frames one to assist downstairs and the second to save me taking it upstairs,surprised 

Returning on friday to see how she is getting on and a programme to do when away in our tourer

Just before she knocked on the door had a call from contractor for Herts county council asking if he could come Thursday to install galvanised  hand rail from public footpath to near front door ,and  assitant hand grips on front door and in shower cubicle plus a ceiling to floor pole to assist in Bathroom

what a fantanstc service all round

Bakers2 replied on 28/09/2021 17:25

Posted on 28/09/2021 17:25

JVB that's great news and service. Do everything you can to ease your load too! Not having to take things up and downstairs etc - it all really helps.

Cornersteady how close to the pumps can he get?

Topped up of car tank, only because we are off to view tomorrow, enough to get there and back but christening following week and THAT CAN'T BE MISSED πŸ˜‰. So would have cancelled the viewing if I couldn't get any. Now enough for both trips and a bit to sparec🀞. Our Tesco only had super unleaded, well organised, someone telling you as you joined the queue, another directing on tge forecourt. Thanked them both and told them they were doing a great job. About 30 minutes start to finish.

Takethedogalong replied on 28/09/2021 18:04

Posted on 28/09/2021 18:04

JV, that’s good to hear you are getting some help. It’s surprising the amount of equipment that LA’s will provide free of charge once you are on the system. It all helps with independence.

ABM replied on 28/09/2021 18:11

Posted on 28/09/2021 18:11

Got my invitation to book Covid booster on mobile phone at 12.37 today

Saw the message at 15.00 today

Went on-line at 17.55 today 

booking for tomorrow at 10.50 am confirmed by NHS at 17.46

Don't let Brian A B M hear anybody knocking the N H S Covid responses !!

ABM replied on 28/09/2021 18:45

Posted on 28/09/2021 18:45

OOPS,  They are good but not THAT Good  ~~ I actually went on line at 17.35 not 17.55 embarassed

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook