What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Tammygirl replied on 10/10/2021 20:17

Posted on 10/10/2021 20:17

Holiday weekend here in Spain, lots of families on site. Children everywhere zipping about on bikes, scooters and plastic toys. Some sat playing in the middle of the road, lots of noise so we escaped to  the beach for the afternoon, even took a picnic lunch with us.

Its amazing the change from a few days ago where you could hear a pin drop most of the time. Now its deafening, the on site restaurant/bar has music blaring out all evening/night until midnight. Last night the kids were still out running around until almost midnight, complete madness.

Can't remember it being like this the last time we stayed here ( wouldn't have returned if it was) doubt we will come again as its the same tonight. Due to move on up the coast on Tuesday after the holiday weekend. Hope its quieter up there.

Anyway apart from that we have had a good time here, the beaches are amazing and the sea is still warm enough for swimming. 

We took the MH off site yesterday and went down the coast, had a lovely day out, picnic on the beech even managed to come across a market and bought some lovely fresh fruit. Found some salinas that had pink flamingos on them, a lovely walk through the salinas on the board walks to the sea.

nelliethehooker replied on 10/10/2021 20:20

Posted on 10/10/2021 20:20

Good to read that those on the move yesterday reached their respective destinations safely.

Isn't it funny how some sites suit certain members and not others. We hated Chapel Lane site the only time we stopped there, much too much like a car park for us, so doubt that we'll use it again. It also had the most ignorant and unhelpful wardens we have ever met on a club site.

milliehull replied on 11/10/2021 08:05

Posted on 10/10/2021 18:46 by Wherenext

Had about as good as can be imagined journey over to Norfolk yesterday.Not a great of traffic anywhere.

The small cottage is fine for our needs. Walk in wet room, warm and cosy and on the edge of town but private. Went to Erics for a treat of GF fish and chips.

Today was a walk around Cley nature reserve, or just part of it for MiL. She's doing well though. A walk from the car park to the beach no less. I see they've introduced car parking fees since our last visit 2 years ago. 

Off to Wells tomorrow.

Posted on 11/10/2021 08:05

Enjoy Wells WN. You have better weather than us but we did manage a walk on the beach one early evening in glorious sunshine. Where are you staying? I hope Mrs WN and MIL enjoy the shopping in Wells 😏.

We had beautiful weather this weekend so spent most of it in the garden cutting back and tidying up. It looks as though it might be another good one today before it is forecast to get colder. 

Wherenext replied on 11/10/2021 08:45

Posted on 11/10/2021 08:45

Hi Millie.

We're staying in a hired cottage in Holt. Just as you leave the small town down a cul-de-sac. Lovely place, quiet and private.

I think the ladies are going to spend some money on clothes this morning, then a coffee at the cottage before going to Wells just after lunch. Is that clothes shop near the quay but on the main high street still open? If so MiL will definitely be going in. She always buys something from there. Then a stroll to the beach cafe and beach as the forecast is good.

I'm being called to make breakfast.πŸ˜‚

JVB66 replied on 11/10/2021 08:55

Posted on 11/10/2021 08:45 by Wherenext

Hi Millie.

We're staying in a hired cottage in Holt. Just as you leave the small town down a cul-de-sac. Lovely place, quiet and private.

I think the ladies are going to spend some money on clothes this morning, then a coffee at the cottage before going to Wells just after lunch. Is that clothes shop near the quay but on the main high street still open? If so MiL will definitely be going in. She always buys something from there. Then a stroll to the beach cafe and beach as the forecast is good.

Posted on 11/10/2021 08:55

The Norfolk wildlife trust  centre at Cley is good sit in the cafe and use the supplied binoculars to observe the birds while having coffee and really Good scones 

We saw several Marsh harriers while watching from their centre

Goldie146 replied on 11/10/2021 09:17

Posted on 11/10/2021 09:17

Today - "An Inspector Calls".

It's our annual Soil Association Organic Inspection.

The buildings are clean and fresh.

The cows are shiny and bright.

The calves are happy in little groups.

The sun is shining, the grass is green and lush.

And the kitchen table is covered in all the paperwork needed to prove that we truly are Organic. And abiding by Red Tractor regulations (an additional set of rules). All these certification bodies love a good paper trail.

brue replied on 11/10/2021 09:30

Posted on 11/10/2021 09:30

Hope it goes well Goldie. When I was working I used to dread a visit from the VAT people who felt obliged to find the tiniest thing wrong!

Sounds very nice at your holiday abode WN, enjoy your breakfast. smile

JVB66 replied on 11/10/2021 09:36

Posted on 11/10/2021 09:36

When I was working and we were obliged to carry out H&S inspections ,on our training module we were always told you must never give a completely clear report,  ,there is always something to comment on undecided

Lovely sunny start to the day herecool

milliehull replied on 11/10/2021 09:45

Posted on 11/10/2021 08:45 by Wherenext

Hi Millie.

Posted on 11/10/2021 09:45

Oh yes, that shop near the quay but on the main street is definitely still open. I can vouch for that laughing. There is also another shop at the top of the High Street called 'North's' the ladies might like. Your cottage sounds ideal. It might suit us very nicely. We love Holt. I will have to investigate. Can I ask who you book with? We are new to this game

Wherenext replied on 11/10/2021 16:58

Posted on 11/10/2021 16:58

Millie, it was booked through Holidaycottages and it's called Pippins Lodge.

www.holidaycottageshttps://www.holidaycottages.co.uk/cottage/72939-pippins-lodge

The 2 of them had a wonderful time in Holt this morning. Our inheritance took a significant hit!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Parked up on The Green in Wells this afternoon and walked to the beach cafe. We did indeed pop into "Marjorie's" before leaving but unfortunately, for some😁, they didn't have the right sizes for what the ladies were looking for.

Wells looked lovely as usual. The sun was out.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook