What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

milliehull replied on 11/10/2021 18:00

Posted on 11/10/2021 16:58 by Wherenext

Millie, it was booked through Holidaycottages and it's called Pippins Lodge.

www.holidaycottageshttps://www.holidaycottages.co.uk/cottage/72939-pippins-lodge

The 2 of them had a wonderful time in Holt this morning. Our inheritance took a significant hit!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Parked up on The Green in Wells this afternoon and walked to the beach cafe. We did indeed pop into "Marjorie's" before leaving but unfortunately, for some😁, they didn't have the right sizes for what the ladies were looking for.

Wells looked lovely as usual. The sun was out.

Posted on 11/10/2021 18:00

Thanks WN will do some investigation for next year. I am glad the ladies had a successful time in Holt 😁. A pity about the shop in Wells but nice that the sun was out.

KjellNN replied on 11/10/2021 19:59

Posted on 11/10/2021 19:59

It's been a long day here, unusually for us, we have been up since 7am.  Left the house at 8am to take the Smart for service and MOT.

Once we had delivered the car, we went to DD's to feed the budgies and install her new dehumidifiers.   Having only preciously lived in dry modern houses, their present place is giving them a few problems with moisture.  Not damp as such, but high humidity, not helped by the lack of a decent  kitchen extractor, and probably insufficient bathroom extraction, added to by a condenser tumble drier.

She has a big dehumidifier, which works well, but the property is sprawling so it cannot deal with all areas.   We have got her 3 smaller ones so she can place them in the most problematical areas, and use the big one in the kitchen/living room.  She also has a tiny one that is just for the cloakroom by the front door as it has an original single glazed round window.

West of Scotland is a damp place, so hopefully they will help.  Various doors keep swelling up and not shutting properly, plus one window, Nathan's bedroom, that is north facing is always running with condensation.

All the bedrooms have en suite bathrooms, so that does not help, even though they all have extractor fans.

She plans to get a new, vented drier, once funds allow, but that could be a while.

We will be back there on Wednesday to check on how they are doing.

After that we headed home and started on my tax return.  That took a while.  Not difficult to fill in, but first I had to gather all the figures.  Finally got it done by 3pm.

Car was fine and sailed through the MOT, so picked it up at 4.15 and were home by 5.00.  Now off to my Zoom woodturners meeting.

Takethedogalong replied on 11/10/2021 20:19

Posted on 11/10/2021 20:19

Another lovely Autumn day here, so the females headed off for a day out. Drove over to Castleton, up Winnats Pass, parked up under Mam Tor for a picnic. Lovely views, then back down in Castleton for a walk around. Wasn’t as busy as I thought it might be. A few shops have closed down, but most of the pubs seem to be thriving. No chance of getting a 93 year old down a Cavern, or up to the castleπŸ˜‚ A nice day though, and topped off by OH presenting us with a nice meal on our return. 

Mam Tor, the Shivering Mountain.

Lose Hill and the Skyline Walk.

Francis replied on 11/10/2021 20:43

Posted on 11/10/2021 20:43

We’ve had a wonderful day today such great weather for October. We took a drive across to Llandudno and took a drive up the Great Orme the views were stunning not a cloud in sight and it actually wasn’t too busy we have been up there many times but that doesn’t take away from the beauty of the place. After that we parked down at the waterfront and took a walk along the pier and got a pint from the bar/cafe at the end and sat out in the sun couldn’t believe it is October felt more like August. After that SWMBO had a quick walk around the shops then we made our way back to the caravan where the chip van was on site so that was dinner sorted and no dishes to do either. Now just sitting at the van with a beer watching the TV. Not sure what the plan is tomorrow will see what the weather is like in the morning 

milliehull replied on 11/10/2021 20:54

Posted on 11/10/2021 20:54

Great photos TDA. That sounds a wonderful day. You also sound as though you had a good day as well Francis.

After a very cold start we had a wonderful day as well. 3 lovely friends picked me up and we went to a garden centre for a coffee and a good long catch up while OH carried on clearing the garden.

nelliethehooker replied on 11/10/2021 20:55

Posted on 11/10/2021 20:55

Glad the ladies, and you too, WN are having a lovely time over in Norfolk.

Lovely photos, tda, certainly looks like a beautiful day in the Peak District. Good to read that you all had a pleasant day out there.

Hope everything went well with the inspection after all your hard work, Goldie.

Looks as if you've had another busy day, Kjell. Have you any plans for a final trip away in your van this year, so as to get some rest?wink

Another fine day down here. Drove the short distance to Cotehele House then walked down to the Quay and around to the Mill. After lunch visited the house and wandered around the gardens. It was surprising how many of the plants were still in bloom. Another clear sky tonight, but I guess we are too far south to see the Northern Lights, however Jupitor is still bright in the sky and the moon an orange crescent.

Wherenext replied on 11/10/2021 21:04

Posted on 11/10/2021 21:04

Hazy cloud cover so can't see Jupiter Nellie. I'm sure it's out there somewhere though.smile

I think there must be something wrong with MiL. She's been in 2 Joules stores today and come out empty handed. Mind you it wasn't through a lack of effort.laughing It says something about her spirit that she was looking at outfits for her holiday, probably abroad, next year.

KjellNN replied on 11/10/2021 21:45

Posted on 11/10/2021 20:55 by nelliethehooker

Glad the ladies, and you too, WN are having a lovely time over in Norfolk.

Lovely photos, tda, certainly looks like a beautiful day in the Peak District. Good to read that you all had a pleasant day out there.

Hope everything went well with the inspection after all your hard work, Goldie.

Looks as if you've had another busy day, Kjell. Have you any plans for a final trip away in your van this year, so as to get some rest?wink

Another fine day down here. Drove the short distance to Cotehele House then walked down to the Quay and around to the Mill. After lunch visited the house and wandered around the gardens. It was surprising how many of the plants were still in bloom. Another clear sky tonight, but I guess we are too far south to see the Northern Lights, however Jupitor is still bright in the sky and the moon an orange crescent.

Posted on 11/10/2021 21:45

Unfortunately not nellie.  This week we are clearing a bathroom ready for a refit, plus on Friday we have to retrieve the holidaymakers.  

Next week we have the builders coming do do the refit, probably take a week or so, then I am finishing it off myself with a new countertop, and basin, after I refit the "furniture", then I will have a little tiling to finish.  And the floor to lay.

We also have someone coming to pigeon proof our solar panels, plus we hope the boiler man will be coming to give us a quote for a new boiler, which will hopefully be done as soon as he can fit us in. And I am visiting the dentist as I have lost a filling.

Following that we both have optician appointments, then a couple of weeks later I have a check up with the doc, and am hopefully going to a craft fair to sell some of my turned items.

In between all that, DD is coming to help me clear out our garage, and then she has a load more stuff for me to do.   Before we know it, it will be  Christmas, which we will spend with our son and family, while it is the in-laws turn to have DD and family with them.

What with the new bathroom, a new boiler, possible new glasses, dental work, the car service today, and the insurance on both cars renewing this month, and then Christmas.........I think we need to stay home for a bit and rebuild the bank balance!!

Christmas will be restful as DS will be ordering the food and doing the cooking.

ABM replied on 11/10/2021 23:02

Posted on 11/10/2021 23:02

Anybody proposing to trundle around south central Cheshire will be well advised to check on road works over the next few days ! The A534 between Tarporley & Nantwich was blocked by road works today, Monday 11th, so loads of HGV's using the side roads to and through Aston etc just to polish their skills &  trim the occasional hedge !!

brue replied on 12/10/2021 09:14

Posted on 12/10/2021 09:14

Same for anyone using the A303, dualling work has now started east of Ilchester.

Another nice day here but quite chilly.

Good to read of holidays going well and see such beautiful photos TDA, the air has been very clear. We had a short stroll round Montacute yesterday, surprisingly busy for a Monday morning!

Anyone seen the Northern Lights?! It used to be a joke with my Dad, being brought up in Ontario it was a regular feature. 😊 (seems that some might have caught a glimpse in the north, too soon for our trip up there.)

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook