What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Goldie146 replied on 12/10/2021 09:20

Posted on 12/10/2021 09:20

Our Organic and Red Tractor inspections went well yesterday. I think it helps when the sun is shining and most of the stock is outside. And feeding the inspector.

Most of the afternoon was spent producing relevant bits of paper and computer records etc. For example, the inspector looks through the Vet bills, picks a drug bought back in February and quotes me the batch number. Then asks when it was used, which animal, why, who gave it, dosage and if there was a withdrawal period when would the milk and/or meat be fit for human consumption (2 different sets of dates, for organic and non organic regulations). Thanks to my “brilliant” reporting tool it just takes a couple of clicks of the mouse. It helps that I was a Data Analysis in a former life. That was when I was to work!

Back to normal today. Only 5 for dinner and a stack of files to return to whence they came. 

Takethedogalong replied on 12/10/2021 10:00

Posted on 12/10/2021 10:00

Glad things went well Goldie👍 A big commitment farming as you do, nice to transfer those skills😁

Well, what a contrast here today after the beautiful day yesterday. I have finally succumbed and am wearing trousers for first time in months. Temperature has plummeted, and we have had rain. Haircut for me today, then not quite sure🤔 Get MH sorted out I think, ready for next trip.

Francis replied on 12/10/2021 19:37

Posted on 12/10/2021 19:37

Another good day today we went in to Liverpool. Got parked in a multi storey in the city centre got parked up and it took us around 10 mins to find the way out lol up and down the stairs three times until we gave up and just went Back down and walked out the car exit. Visited the Western Approaches museum which was excellent telling the story of secret work that went on during the war it’s very well preserved and one of the staff were telling us they are discovering  other rooms all the time they reckon there are many parts of the building that’s not been discovered yet. 

In the afternoon we took a walk around the Albert Dock and in to the Liverpool Museum free entry and it was excellent very interesting. Both museums are well worth a visit for anyone who happens to be in the area. On the way back to the site we popped in to The Bridge Inn at Port Sunlight for a meal as always it was excellent one of our favourite place to go good food good beer and a fair price. Weather hasn’t been great today but still a great day. Site has got very busy again 

Wherenext replied on 12/10/2021 19:42

Posted on 12/10/2021 19:42

As this is MiLs holiday we asked her what she wanted to do most and where she wanted to go if she had any prefernces. Not many to be fair. She tends to trust we'll (as in the Royal we) sort it out. However one place she definitely wanted to visit was to Sandringham House and Gardens. She'd never set foot inside on the one previous visit she and hubby made as she was married to a Republican.

So off we set. We all enjoyed the walk through the woodland garden and then "ogled", some of us less than a certain one, the living quarters for Her Maj. I think ER has gone up in her estimation but we know she really enjoyed it. How can you not when you are a Professional Nosey Person (PNP)?laughing

Anyway we also got to see inside the Church, a bit OTT for my taste.

The weather behaved itself as well.

Off to lunch with friends tomorrow.

Well done Goldie. I dare say a weight of your mind until next year at least.

nelliethehooker replied on 12/10/2021 20:26

Posted on 12/10/2021 20:26

Good to read that that all went well with the inspection, Goldie. Well done.

Nice day out for you all at Sandringham, WN.

Liverpool Museum is somewhere I'd like to visit some time, Francis,. Pleased to hear that you had a good day all round.

Another fine day for us but not as sunny as yesterday. Drove up to Minions and walked the trackway around Stowe's Hill then up to The Cheesewringer stones. Picnic lunch then back through the Hurlers stone circles and around the remains of the South Pheonix mine's engine houses. Called in at Aldi in Liskeard to restock provisions. A beautiful red sunset and a clear sky again.

brue replied on 12/10/2021 20:27

Posted on 12/10/2021 20:27

Sandringham is worth a visit, when we went we didn't get enough time to explore the grounds as we were spending so much time as PNPs...laughing

Today we had muck spreading, the field behind us has been trurned black with the stuff and I had to go inside as it was coming over our hedge in delightful chunks..the smell has permeated everything. The village will be going to bed well fertilised...no jokes please. wink

Wherenext replied on 12/10/2021 21:01

Posted on 12/10/2021 21:01

The village will be going to bed well fertilised...no jokes please.

Spoil sport.surprisedlaughing

Roses should be good next year then. I assume the bedroom windows will remain closed tonight.

milliehull replied on 12/10/2021 21:32

Posted on 12/10/2021 21:32

Sandringham have definitely 'upped their game' as far as visitors are concerned in recent years. We were very disappointed when we took our eldest grand-daughter many years ago as we saw very little. However when we went 2 years ago we had a wonderful time being PNPs. OH loves all the cars. I think the church is wonderful - yes very OTT but the altar is amazing. 

Well done Goldie. That is a weight off your mind.

Dull and chilly today. Washing out and then back in again because it was drizzly. We went to our Museum Society meeting this evening, the first time 'in person' since Feb 2020 as they were all on Zoom last year. Everyone wore their masks and the windows were open.

Oneputt replied on 12/10/2021 22:03

Posted on 12/10/2021 22:03

Sandringham have definitely 'upped their game' as far as visitors are concerned in recent years. We were very disappointed when we took our eldest grand-daughter many years ago as we saw very little. However when we went 2 years ago we had a wonderful time being PNPs. OH loves all the cars. I think the church is wonderful - yes very OTT but the altar is amazing.

think your right Millie, we went back about 3 years ago and the first sitting room was a delight HM’s jigsaw on a table with glass over it so we visitors couldn’t add pieces to it.  I think the real highlight was chatting to the room guide, he was knowledgeable and humorous 

ABM replied on 12/10/2021 22:41

Posted on 12/10/2021 22:41

Delighted to hear that all went well for your inspection[s]  Goldie.  Do you get instant results or do you have to wait for the ( inevitable ? ) big brown paper envelope ?? 

And tomorrow  -- I knew I should have gone to Specsavers -- Routine eye test & separate Retinopathy tests so no driving for Brian !!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook