What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Goldie146 replied on 16/10/2021 09:34

Posted on 16/10/2021 09:34

We had a good night out yesterday. Two courses (an amazing selection of puddings) for £10 each. Plus we spent £10.50 on several drinks. 

Only a couple of miles away, more or less in the middle of nowhere, in our Village Institute. Our village is very small and scattered, with only the church, hall and a few houses at the centre - the rest mainly farms. The Hall Committee put on a wonderful night for 60 people. Choice of hot food, waitress service and a bar. All done by volunteers. Plenty of leftovers for "seconds" (much appreciated by my husband and his brother). 

And a chance to dress up a bit and  meet up in person.

JVB66 replied on 16/10/2021 10:13

Posted on 16/10/2021 10:13

Another sunny start to the day last night here then off to Seacroft for about 1300 arrival tomorrow

Got to work out how to get two buggies in the car and keep weight distributed

hope the fuel situation has Improved as we could be near empty when we get there,surprised

JVB66 replied on 16/10/2021 11:10

Posted on 16/10/2021 10:13 by JVB66

Another sunny start to the day last night here then off to Seacroft for about 1300 arrival tomorrow

hope the fuel situation has Improved as we could be near empty when we get there,surprised

Posted on 16/10/2021 11:10

Resultcool just as an afterthought contacted The RSPCA shop at Sheringham ,and they will accept the buggy,  ,so trip there Monday and Oldies F&C at the trawler manlaughing

And overdue hair cut at scissor hands as wellwink

KjellNN replied on 16/10/2021 14:55

Posted on 16/10/2021 10:13 by JVB66

Posted on 16/10/2021 14:55

Are there still fuel problems down south?

Not had a problem up here, nor seen any queues.

KjellNN replied on 16/10/2021 15:13

Posted on 14/10/2021 17:08 by Tinwheeler

Surely they’ll have everything packed up ready and waiting your arrival, KJ?

Posted on 16/10/2021 15:13

They had done what they could, but still plenty to do as they had nowhere to stash outdoor stuff once packed.

Good run over, left here just after 8 and arrived at exactly 10am.  Packing up, taking down awning, redistributing weight in the van, took a while, plus nothing happens quickly when Callum is helping, so it was exactly 12 noon when we left.

We had agreed to meet at Harthill services, about a 75 minute drive, for lunch in the van, but a 50 minute hold up on the Edinburgh bypass meant it was a very late lunch.  Callum was very excited to see all the big lorries that were parked there, and to have a "picnic" in the caravan.

Good run home from there, only one slow bit on the M8 coming through Glasgow as there are 2 lanes closed out of 4 at one point, so we were home at 16.10.  Still quite a long day for me by the time I got the van onto the driveway and all security in place.

By all accounts, they had a great time, visited a few local castles, several beaches, the local sea bird centre, all the nearby playparks, even had a trip in a boat round  Bass Rock, and a couple of meals out, so well satisfied.

St Andrews is now being mentioned as the next destination, presumably for next year as SIL has no holidays till  Christmas.   Now they have "got the bug", I can see we may have to negotiate for the use of our caravan!

Takethedogalong replied on 16/10/2021 15:51

Posted on 16/10/2021 15:51

Glad they had a good time K, it’s a lovely area around there, so much to see and do. 

No fuel issues around us, been fine for last couple of weeks. Apart from price😡 

We have had an invite to a garden bbq tonight, next door. Padded jackets, but I have just taken round some logs for fire pit👍

KjellNN replied on 16/10/2021 16:27

Posted on 16/10/2021 16:27

Destruction in the bathroom continues, and is proving more difficult than we thought.   To get the floor  cupboards out by lifting the sink one up and off the pipes would need the (seemingly unmovable) countertop to be removed first.  Even then, the way the plumber has fitted the pipes after I fitted the cupboard, 33 years back, probably makes it impossible, so I have had to resort to going under the floor to cut and remove the pipes.

This involved draining  down some of the pipework, which is when I discovered that the 33 year old gate valves to shut off the water supplies, no longer close properly.  So additional draining of all the hot and  old tanks was necessary, and I will need to obtain and change out all 3 valves tomorrow.

Now the pipes are gone from the  cupboard, I hope I can pull all the cupboards out from under the countertop.  I suppose I will need to prop it up a bit first.  

Just having a break first to recover from crawling under the floor!

Tammygirl replied on 16/10/2021 16:32

Posted on 16/10/2021 16:32

Last few days in Spainfrown we leave here Monday morning heading up towards Benicarlo/Peniscola area for a night or two. Then up to the lakes north of Lleida, stopping overnight at a site at Ainsa. Then trying the tunel de Bielsa into France. We did the Somport last time we came up from Spain so OH thought he'd have a change.

Then 1 week in France to get to the tunnel at Calais for our homeward drive. Stopping in to see the boys on our way up.

Its been a good trip, glad be came. We've not encountered any issues post Brexit or Covid related. Everywhere feels safe and folk just behaving normally. Masks are still the order of the day in both France and Spain, everyone complies. France you have to show your Covid pass to access certain things, Spain not, though we did get our temp checked on one site.

The site we are on know we like and have earmarked it for a return visit. Would be better if spending any length of time to bring the caravan but we are quite happy getting out on the bikes in the morning, then a couple of hours on the beach in the afternoon. Temp still in the mid twenties.

Been reading all the posts, good to hear folk are enjoying their time away WN, Francis, NTH. While others are planning trips and enjoying their gardens. I guess mine will be like a jungle when we get back, par for the course 😁 

Only home 3 weeks then off to Lanzarote for 3 weeks, so will have to be quick at getting things back into shape before the winter kicks in fully.

JVB66 replied on 16/10/2021 16:34

Posted on 16/10/2021 15:13 by KjellNN

They had done what they could, but still plenty to do as they had nowhere to stash outdoor stuff once packed.

Good run over, left here just after 8 and arrived at exactly 10am.  Packing up, taking down awning, redistributing weight in the van, took a while, plus nothing happens quickly when Callum is helping, so it was exactly 12 noon when we left.

We had agreed to meet at Harthill services, about a 75 minute drive, for lunch in the van, but a 50 minute hold up on the Edinburgh bypass meant it was a very late lunch.  Callum was very excited to see all the big lorries that were parked there, and to have a "picnic" in the caravan.

Good run home from there, only one slow bit on the M8 coming through Glasgow as there are 2 lanes closed out of 4 at one point, so we were home at 16.10.  Still quite a long day for me by the time I got the van onto the driveway and all security in place.

By all accounts, they had a great time, visited a few local castles, several beaches, the local sea bird centre, all the nearby playparks, even had a trip in a boat round  Bass Rock, and a couple of meals out, so well satisfied.

St Andrews is now being mentioned as the next destination, presumably for next year as SIL has no holidays till  Christmas.   Now they have "got the bug", I can see we may have to negotiate for the use of our caravan!

Posted on 16/10/2021 16:34

It seems that callum was not bothered, as he was out and about. Just like it should be for Young children as in the days when our children and grandchildren were young. cool

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook