What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 17/10/2021 18:04

Posted on 17/10/2021 18:04

Goldie. We're so far ahead of the game that we had Christmas lunch with our eldest daughter and family today. We even had crackers and some terrible jokes...I felt for a moment I was in Australia as the weather was very warm and sunny! After lunch we had a Christmas Day walk with the dogs. Back to normal tomorrow and I have already got a Christmas pudding and all the ingredients for a couple of cakes. We've ordered a turkey crown and will collect some local pheasants later. Meanwhile I've got a Halloween 🎃 cake mix kit for youngest grandson. Confused, or what?! wink

KjellNN replied on 17/10/2021 18:05

Posted on 17/10/2021 18:05

M........A nice dine-in from M&S, or similar, prepared by your good self, accompanied by a good wine or  champagne?

moulesy replied on 17/10/2021 18:14

Posted on 17/10/2021 18:05 by KjellNN

M........A nice dine-in from M&S, or similar, prepared by your good self, accompanied by a good wine or  champagne?

Posted on 17/10/2021 18:14

That's tonight's treat! I've just put the duck in the oven (well, the legs anyway!) wink

replied on 17/10/2021 18:36

Posted on 17/10/2021 18:36

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Tinwheeler replied on 17/10/2021 18:48

Posted on 17/10/2021 17:50 by moulesy

Christmas! Christmas! It's Mrs M's birthday tomorrow and I have just had my carefully planned surprise (?) lunch booking cancelled. How am I going to start planning for Christmas? laughing

We are down in Cornwall for the week and it's been a gorgeous day today. After all these years of visiting we are still finding new walks to do. Today we parked at Flushing on the opposite side of the inlet from Falmouth. We walked up from the harbour front and then up again around a couple of freshly ploughed fields, down to Mylor Churchtown, which we have visited many times and then back along the coastal footpath to Flushing. Sat in warm sunshine for our lunch and a view of the little boats going back and forth. Very pleasant! smile

Now, any suggestions for lunch tomorrow? My continued good health may well depend on it! surprised

Posted on 17/10/2021 18:48

The County Arms, Truro…..or a Philps pasty. It’s a close call🤔😄

replied on 17/10/2021 19:37

Posted on 17/10/2021 18:48 by Tinwheeler

The County Arms, Truro…..or a Philps pasty. It’s a close call🤔😄

Posted on 17/10/2021 19:37

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

DEBSC replied on 17/10/2021 19:43

Posted on 17/10/2021 19:43

Well I have an issue, I still have last years turkey crown in the freezer! We couldn’t have the family here last year cos of lockdown, so we bought a smaller one just for us. Then thought we could use it at Easter but that didn’t work. In the summer our family stayed but they wanted to be out and about all the time so we didn’t have it then. Going to sons this year, think I will take it as an extra, or maybe New Year when they are here. Not sure what it will be like though.

nelliethehooker replied on 17/10/2021 19:48

Posted on 17/10/2021 19:48

Happy Birthday to Mrs M for tomorrow, moulesy. Hope you manage to sort out a nice meal somewhere.

Sounds as if you had a really good time away, Francis. Shame about the wet drive home and the dirty vehicles.

DD, it was the same the last time we visited Stourhead with regards to the lack of colour in the foliage, but it was a weekday so we weren't bothered with huge crowds.

Hope you get the bike sorted, WN. Pleased to read that you managed a good night's sleep last night, all that driving home just have tried you out good and proper.

We've not even turnabout Xmas yet, but do still have a special Christmas Pudding which we got in January, with a best before date of 2022 so should still be fine.laughing

Takethedogalong replied on 17/10/2021 20:18

Posted on 17/10/2021 18:14 by moulesy

That's tonight's treat! I've just put the duck in the oven (well, the legs anyway!) wink

Posted on 17/10/2021 20:18

Is Fowey/Bodinnick too far for you? We have always had lovely food in The Old Ferry Inn at Bodinnick. Fantastic walk as well nearby, The Hall Walk. Bodinnick to Polruan, ferry from Polruan to Fowey, walk through town, then another ferry back across to pub. 

Or, The Navy Inn, just off promenade close to Jubilee Pool in Penzance. Admiral Benbow is good in Penzance, but food is nicer in Navy Inn👍

Many happy returns to Mrs M, have a good day, wherever you go😁

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook