What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DSB replied on 19/10/2021 23:21

Posted on 19/10/2021 12:41 by moulesy

Thanks, David. Yes, we know The Miners Arms at Mithian, one of those great pubs that serves as a village hub, with a very well stocked shop. Also now on the Brit stop list.

We managed in the end to get a table at a new ( to us) place - the        C-bay bistro, overlooking Crantock beach. And very pleasant it was too. smile

Only spoilt by the fact that, on the way back, the clutch on the car decide to give up the ghost and we had to be rescued by Green Flag. frown Very efficient they were too, dropping us and the dogs back off on site before disappearing with the car to the nearest Peugeot garage, about 12 miles away at St Stephen. They are "having a look" at it today to decide what needs doing. Meanwhile we are car less,  and, possibly stranded down here for longer than expected, which won't be any great hardship!

Posted on 19/10/2021 23:21

Oh No!  Sorry to hear about the car.  Hope it all got sorted, but it sounds an expensive job! 😟  

David

milliehull replied on 20/10/2021 10:29

Posted on 20/10/2021 10:29

Indoor jobs here today. Dreadful weather - rain, high winds, thunder.  Now the sun has come out but I don't trust it.

Sorry to hear about your car moulesy. I do hope you get it sorted out soon and without too much expense.

Wherenext replied on 20/10/2021 15:33

Posted on 20/10/2021 15:33

I see the "Server Error" has found it's way to this thread as I can't access any other page apart from the first or last. Quick try before I lose the editing facility and see that it's only the last page that I can't access now. 

Can one of the Mods have a word with Rowena or was DKs "Tests" a clue that he already has?

Anyway, off to the dentist this morning to have the temporary repair to the broken tooth made permanent (hopefully). Mrs WN kindly commented that she didn't notice the drooling as it seems to have become common place these days.surprisedsmile Cheeky monkey.

Hope all is well with everyone and that Moulesy will soon be back mobile, unless of course the parts for the car are stuck in a container somewhere.surprised

JVB66 replied on 20/10/2021 15:51

Posted on 20/10/2021 15:51

just did a try out on the NHS booster vacine website no problems have now got booster vacines for OH and I at James Paget Gorlston,,  Great Yarmouth hospital on Sunday morning , we arrive at Great Yarmouth on Fridaycool

When I checked it said we are eligible for a booster, and everything just followed onsurprised

milliehull replied on 20/10/2021 17:14

Posted on 20/10/2021 17:14

Apparently take up of the Covid booster has been slow. I cant understand people. It certainly hasnt gone away

I cleared out our linen cupboard (I lead such an exciting life!) and ended up with a load of old towels that I didnt know what to do with so rang the vets where we used to take our cats to ask if they could use them. They were delighted and very grateful. Result! We also took a load of redundant Christmas decs to our Sue Ryder shop. They had been hanging around since last year as they were not taking any donations at that time. It has been quite a satisfying afternoon.

JVB66 replied on 20/10/2021 17:22

Posted on 20/10/2021 17:14 by milliehull

Apparently take up of the Covid booster has been slow. I cant understand people. It certainly hasnt gone away

I cleared out our linen cupboard (I lead such an exciting life!) and ended up with a load of old towels that I didnt know what to do with so rang the vets where we used to take our cats to ask if they could use them. They were delighted and very grateful. Result! We also took a load of redundant Christmas decs to our Sue Ryder shop. They had been hanging around since last year as they were not taking any donations at that time. It has been quite a satisfying afternoon.

Posted on 20/10/2021 17:22

If every one eligable is waiting to be told, it is no wonder it is a slow take up we had our second at begining of April and as of today had not had any info, either by text as last time or emailundecided

moulesy replied on 20/10/2021 17:25

Posted on 20/10/2021 17:25

"Apparently take up of the Covid booster has been slow. I cant understand people. It certainly hasnt gone away."

Millie - as I've posted on the Covid thread, I don't accept the official line that the booster roll out is slow because folk are reluctant. We had the text inviting us several weeks ago and tried for an appointment almost as soon as getting the text. Nothing doing until the turn of the year at least! frown Just about everyone I talk to at home is desperate to get a booster but just can't get an appointment. The surgery says it's due to a shortage of vaccines, which doesn't seem to agree with the official line that 20 million doses are available. At the same time, they are now making it more difficult to get packs of lateral flow tests. With all the figures going the wrong way now, I'm getting a little fed up with the casually trotted out line that things are far better than they were back in January. yell

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook