What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 27/11/2021 19:06

Posted on 27/11/2021 19:06

Slight relief on the variant found in Essex, Essex County Council advise the case is in Brentwood not Chelmsford. Still too close for comfort but not my town and 12 miles away.

Wind picking up here now, howling down the chimney at times, not too bad by others description.

Hope those feeling under the weather are improving.

I've taken paracetamol as I have a bit of an odd feeling in my head and ears. No sniggering at the back

Takethedogalong replied on 27/11/2021 19:15

Posted on 27/11/2021 17:01 by Goldie146

The missing link.

Try this, then half way down the page click on the highlighted link β€œmind the gap”. Then go to page 10. Featuring our son James with photos of OH Henry

https://www.rspb.org.uk/about-the-rspb/about-us/media-centre/press-releases/mind-the-gap/

Posted on 27/11/2021 19:15

Very interesting Goldie, and what a marvellous lifetime mission your family are involved inπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

We are always sad to see semi urban gardens without hedges (Ruddy Ground Force has a lot to answer for!) Most of the borders that split our row of 12 houses are thankfully mixed hedging, and the sparrow population, along with lots of other small song birds are thriving. It really does make a difference for them.

milliehull replied on 27/11/2021 20:12

Posted on 27/11/2021 20:12

We watched the programme about Alan Hull last night as well (OH's namesake so we had to!). Wonderful programme. We remember Lindisfarne well.

I have been shopping to Rushden Lakes with our daughter and eldest grand-daughter today with a very nice  lunch out. We were lucky with the weather which although it was cold and windy it had stopped raining by the time we arrived. The wind has been nowhere near as bad as other areas thankfully.

I hope all those feeling poorly feel better soon.

Tammygirl replied on 27/11/2021 20:35

Posted on 27/11/2021 20:35

Finally caught up with folks news on here. 

Hope all those with colds and other things WN, are feeling a little better soon. 

We arrived safe and sound,  hotel in Glasgow was good, flight good and we got the apartment we wanted. Weather was overcast yesterday with the occasional light shower. Today back to blue skies and light clouds. Nice walk this morning along the sea front, they have rebuilt and changed a good bit of the prom, looking very nice. Folk out on the beach and in the sea, all looking very clean. Some shops and restaurants sadly have not survived. However there are some new ones opened up since our last visit.

Haven't heard anything from home so can only assume things are alright. I know they have had a few trees down just outside the village, so hoping ours are still intact. I bet all the leaves are now off the silver birches.

Stay safe everyone it's not over yet.

21c here today cool

milliehull replied on 27/11/2021 21:38

Posted on 27/11/2021 21:38

So glad your journey went well and that you got there safely TG. I hope the rest of your holiday goes well. You are a bit warmer than here! I am not at all envious 😁

Takethedogalong replied on 27/11/2021 21:53

Posted on 27/11/2021 21:53

Off to bed with a hot lemon drink and a bag of Jakemans for meπŸ˜‚ Nice end to day though....my sister has had her first sale on her Etsy site, so fingers crossed there’s a steady uptake now. It only went live Thursday, so that’s not bad really. 

milliehull replied on 28/11/2021 08:29

Posted on 28/11/2021 08:29

Spoke to soon about the wind. It was very windy overnight and lots of pots, chairs etc in the garden blown over but no major damage thankfully.

Hope you have had no nasty reaction after your booster Bakers2 and hope you have recovered from your food poisening WN.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook