What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 28/11/2021 16:28

Posted on 28/11/2021 16:28

What varied lives we all lead😁 Had we been younger, I think we might have been up and off overseas to live and work. Too ruddy late now, and whilst children never got in the way, caring at the other end certainly has. But, it brings its rewards as well.

Thanks for the Keats papgeno👍 I like that poem. Takes me back to my O Levels. Snow has stuck so far around here. Normally we might be out playing, but not today, sniff, sniff. 

You cows coming in reminds me of overwintering our elderly horse Goldie. He would come into a huge segregated barn, deep litter straw this time of year. Better than being outside all the time, but boy did he get up to some mischief. Very adept at getting out, and he somehow got others out as well, cue a rodeo around the village, following a trail of discarded (and shredded) rugs. (Are cows as mischievous?) Luckily we had a big indoor schooling barn, and a horse walker so he did get plenty of exercise if weather was icy. I don’t miss the mud though. 

Goldie146 replied on 28/11/2021 17:45

Posted on 28/11/2021 17:45

For the past 2 - 3 weeks the cows having been eating a Brassica (a kale called Redstart). The fence moved everyday until it’s got to the end of the field. They finished it off today.

Bakers2 replied on 28/11/2021 18:08

Posted on 28/11/2021 18:08

Brrrrrrrr 🥶🥶🥶 Goldie your photo looks colder than cornersteady's for some reason. The city look good 👍 

Not been warm here but we've had no snow. Bright and breezy 😀

Bakers2 replied on 28/11/2021 18:11

Posted on 28/11/2021 18:11

Deleted User by me, my post took so long to appear I thought I'd forgotten to press reply!

nelliethehooker replied on 28/11/2021 18:53

Posted on 28/11/2021 18:53

We caught a fascinating music documentary last night on BBC4. All about Alan Hull of Lindisfarne. What a writer, musician he was, and much revered in the North East. We are perhaps a tad too young to have a lot of memories of Lindisfarne, although we did recognise some of the big hits like Fog on the Tyne and Lady Eleanor. Well worth a watch, and see how his legacy lives on. Link

Thanks for the link, watched it this evening, and will now go and listen to the albums, starting from the beginning.

Tammygirl replied on 28/11/2021 20:23

Posted on 28/11/2021 20:23

OHs first retirement was at 40, having done 25 years man and boy in the Army. Followed by another 20 years in service, both had decent pensions. Having only been retired 10 years he has another 15 years to go to equal his first job. Mine doesn't count as I've had that many jobs over the years with long periods of no work due to following OH around. 

Weather a little better today 22c still with quite a few clouds and today a strong wind.

Bakers, the calendar is lovely, I'm sure it will be cherished.

TDA, hope you feel better soon. 

Wherenext replied on 28/11/2021 20:44

Posted on 28/11/2021 20:44

Great work Bakers. I hope the recipients keep it for posterity. Deserves it.

We're like you Papgeno. Elecky off  most of today due to repair work on the system. We have gas stove so didn't miss using the ovens.

I am back to something resembling normality now (no sniggering). Thanks to those who sent regards.

Hail and snow stopped leaf clearance this morning.

JVB66 replied on 29/11/2021 10:53

Posted on 29/11/2021 10:53

Just had a phone call from some friends in a village in Notts ,asking if we knew where our nearest defribilator was? Their son  saw an elderly resident collapse yesterday ,called for an ambulance the operator asked if he knew if there was a defribrilator in the village? That some one could get while he carried out CPR ,as they did not have one shown on their database

They phoned us as there had been a bit on the.TV this morning about locations as very few know even if there is one in their area

They say 5 Percent survive without intervention where as as many as 75percent or more if a defibrilator is used in a few minutes

I checked on line for around here and very few had been registered ,the nearest shows nearly a mile awaysurprised

Do any of you know where the nearest one to you is?

milliehull replied on 29/11/2021 11:12

Posted on 29/11/2021 11:12

Bakers 2 What an absolutely beautiful advent calendar.  So much work and love has gone into making it. I am sure it will be treasured for many generations to come.

We went to have lunch with some friends who live in a village about 15 miles away yesterday.  There were 6 of us in total who have all been friends for over 50 years. It was 2 years since we had all seen each other but it just seemed like yesterday when we all got together. A really lovely afternoon.

We have a defibrillator in the Cathedral but other than that I have no idea where any others might be in our area. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook