What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 29/11/2021 11:30

Posted on 29/11/2021 11:30

I know where our nearest defibrillator is, 200 metres away on the wall of the visitor centre in our local Park. Our town has been busy installing more defibs into now redundant red telephone kiosks dotted around and about. 👍

Rufs replied on 29/11/2021 11:47

Posted on 28/11/2021 21:22 by nelliethehooker

Glad your feeling better, WN, hope that your electric is back on.

You certainly seem to be in the right place at the moment, TG, just getting away in time.

Posted on 29/11/2021 11:47

Getting out is not the problem, unless of course you want tyo go sking in Switzerland, it is the getting back, returned yesterday from visiting Spanish daughter, no drama, but i think as of tomorrow you need to take a PCR test, (£70+ on line) and then self isolate until such time as you get the results back hopefully negative, if not 10 days isolation.

This has the potential to cause havoc for those flying into the UK for xmas especially if they are arriving e.g. couple of days before xmas, as it is very doubtful results of any tests will be returned promtly , as we know from past experience.

Returned to find this cheeky little chappy still in the garden digging up all my bulbs, will have to be despatched undecidedBeautiful day, only 2 degs, but dont mind that if the sun is shinning

JVB66 replied on 29/11/2021 11:48

Posted on 29/11/2021 10:53 by JVB66

Just had a phone call from some friends in a village in Notts ,asking if we knew where our nearest defribilator was? Their son  saw an elderly resident collapse yesterday ,called for an ambulance the operator asked if he knew if there was a defribrilator in the village? That some one could get while he carried out CPR ,as they did not have one shown on their database

They phoned us as there had been a bit on the.TV this morning about locations as very few know even if there is one in their area

They say 5 Percent survive without intervention where as as many as 75percent or more if a defibrilator is used in a few minutes

I checked on line for around here and very few had been registered ,the nearest shows nearly a mile awaysurprised

Do any of you know where the nearest one to you is?

Posted on 29/11/2021 11:48

Ps forgot to add elderly man in hospital, ambulance was near got there in  11mins?

Takethedogalong replied on 29/11/2021 11:51

Posted on 29/11/2021 11:51

I had a look to see if there is any kind of database for defibs, there are lots of Apps, lists, but sadly most seem very out of date. Certainly for our area, I know of at least five more that aren’t listed. 

Takethedogalong replied on 29/11/2021 11:55

Posted on 29/11/2021 11:47 by Rufs

Getting out is not the problem, unless of course you want tyo go sking in Switzerland, it is the getting back, returned yesterday from visiting Spanish daughter, no drama, but i think as of tomorrow you need to take a PCR test, (£70+ on line) and then self isolate until such time as you get the results back hopefully negative, if not 10 days isolation.

This has the potential to cause havoc for those flying into the UK for xmas especially if they are arriving e.g. couple of days before xmas, as it is very doubtful results of any tests will be returned promtly , as we know from past experience.

Returned to find this cheeky little chappy still in the garden digging up all my bulbs, will have to be despatched undecidedBeautiful day, only 2 degs, but dont mind that if the sun is shinning

Posted on 29/11/2021 11:55

Re the squirrel, planting bulbs is like opening a squirrel McDonalds😁 Put something spiky over the area or the pot where they are buried, holly is ideal. (Thank you to Rocky for this top tip👍) 

Rufs replied on 29/11/2021 12:02

Posted on 29/11/2021 11:55 by Takethedogalong

Re the squirrel, planting bulbs is like opening a squirrel McDonalds😁 Put something spiky over the area or the pot where they are buried, holly is ideal. (Thank you to Rocky for this top tip👍) 

Posted on 29/11/2021 12:02

I like to grow hyacinths for indoors after we have taken down the xmas decs, then when finished i plant outside, not in a particular area, just random, good idea, but new pup is carrying off all the twigs it can find at present, wish it would carry off the squirrel yell

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 29/11/2021 12:10

Posted on 29/11/2021 11:55 by Takethedogalong

Posted on 29/11/2021 12:10

You are most welcome👍🏻. The Holly cuttings are just as deadly after they start to break down. According to my Dogs-‘once pricked never repeated’, I must point out that there is no lasting effects other than memory of the area to be avoided👍🏻😊

Takethedogalong replied on 29/11/2021 12:15

Posted on 29/11/2021 12:15

Deadly stuff. I loathe cutting our holly hedge back😁 

Pup won’t touch holly more than once trust me! Our Airedale pups would sit fascinated watching me me put plants in, moment I turned my back they were in the little blighters. “Look Mum, we made you three plants and a big hole” I do miss them though🥰 Labradors just blunder around crushing things😂

JVB66 replied on 29/11/2021 12:28

Posted on 29/11/2021 11:51 by Takethedogalong

I had a look to see if there is any kind of database for defibs, there are lots of Apps, lists, but sadly most seem very out of date. Certainly for our area, I know of at least five more that aren’t listed. 

Posted on 29/11/2021 12:28

That is what I also found out of date info,,frown

I feel a couple of Email letters to HMG and our local And or County councils coming onsurprised

I think as most people know where the local pharmacy is I think would not be a bad place to have one with 24hr access outside as one known placewink

Tinwheeler replied on 29/11/2021 12:41

Posted on 29/11/2021 12:28 by JVB66

That is what I also found out of date info,,frown

I feel a couple of Email letters to HMG and our local And or County councils coming onsurprised

I think as most people know where the local pharmacy is I think would not be a bad place to have one with 24hr access outside as one known placewink

Posted on 29/11/2021 12:41

Yep, there’s one in our village on the wall outside Boots.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook