What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

ABM replied on 05/12/2021 22:27

Posted on 04/12/2021 16:17 by ABM

Not sure, David, how much of a struggle it will be for you to fix the table.  I've spent a very uncomfortable few hours standing on my head, then getting up to answer blooming phone, followed by the same sequence a couple of times more !! Finished the job ( replacing one of those Slow Closing Toilet Seats In a very, very tight space yell). Then decided to go and visit the phone caller who has cards and presents for me ( surprised ) only to hear the gentle sound of a Fiat Sevel diesel engine make similar noises to yours truly  embarassed. Now I'm on here while the charger does me a favour  or so I m hoping sealed

P.S. / Edit  And now it it absolutely Hammering Down -- dare not go out now in case I melt  cool

Posted on 05/12/2021 22:27

Well David, I hope you have had success in fixing your table in a most 'attractive' way  wink !!

I Put the big mains charger on Dukky Diesel this morning to see if that would turn the trick and my niece turned up complete  with cards, prezzies and a big silly grin  laughing.  Demanded that I played a 'proper host' and made the coffee whilst she just surveyed the cables etc through the front window. Well nobody tripped up, coffee got imbibed, and charger was allowed to run for a total of four hours surprised. After I was left with the washing up, I gambled and grabbed my keys, leapt into the cab and put all gears forward and trusted in electricity.

WOOOHOOO !!  Dukky started like a goodun !!  So got a few miles in and chanced a stop in ASDA for some tasty comestibles.  Age is catching up on me --  I forgot the carpark is free on Sunday and spent ten minutes trying to pay my fee till some kind person took sympathy & told me ( to avoid more embarrassment both ways I assume  embarassed !)  Then I had to dash round the shop to get my bits  and bobs 'cos the shelves were emptying faster than JollyKernows small change bottle money-mouth. Still I got all I needed bar for sprouts and they will come from  M & S tomorrow.  Now for a couple of chapters on Kindle then  Z Z Z Z Z Z

Good Night   Everybody  --  Sweet dreams  innocent

KjellNN replied on 06/12/2021 00:03

Posted on 06/12/2021 00:03

I am hoping not to be too long at the hospital tomorrow, but it will depend on how long the queue at X-ray is.  

Apparently DD is planning to go along to Ikea, which is less than 5 minutes away, so it might be ME waiting for HER. This time I will wait in the foyer as it is going to  be cold.

So that they do not try to throw me out for coughing,, I have just done a Lateral Flow Test, negative, to register and show if required.

When I had a cough last , DD insisted I try to see my GP.  The GP insisted on a PCR test first, and by the time I had taken it and waited for the results, my cough had  cleared up.  

RedKite replied on 06/12/2021 07:50

Posted on 06/12/2021 07:50

Hi brue, OH remembers Mr. Holly and said there used to be a roof garden at Lewis's I did not know about that.

OH back home 8.35am after blood test as weather is cold could not get any out of arm so back of hand looks odd with white plaster on it he said it will come off before going out again pm.

Had strong winds overnight but no rain but very dull outside now.

DEBSC replied on 06/12/2021 09:09

Posted on 06/12/2021 09:09

Well after 5 weeks of suffering with first a flu type bug and then a severe chest infection, which almost put me in hospital, we both started to brighten up at the weekend. Still not breathing properly and both very tired but well on the mend. The only person we have really been in contact with in the last couple of weeks is our teenage granddaughter. After which she reported she had a cold. Guess what! This morning I’m sneezing and snuffling. Hope it doesn’t last long. Guess our immune system just hasn’t been tested enough in the last year or so.

brue replied on 06/12/2021 09:53

Posted on 06/12/2021 09:53

Hope you feel better soon Debsc, we've had prolonged infections like yours in the past, in fact I remember when many in our village were laid low for weeks. I suppose variations of these viruses move amongst us all the time. frown

Had some good news about my passport, my application along with phone photo has been accepted. We were discussing this on here not long ago as my photo had been deemed "poor" but I objected. I might not look like Audrey Hepburn but the photo did look like me!  Glad I ignored the automated response. OH says " just wait till you see it.....laughing"

Tammygirl replied on 06/12/2021 13:00

Posted on 06/12/2021 13:00

Cloudy morning here so just catching up on things. 

Hope your hospital app goes well KJ

Glad you had a good weekend Francis, even if it was cold and snowy, it's nice to get a change of scenery. 

We've booked our day 2 PCR tests ready for our return in 10 days time. They should be at home waiting for us. £35pp wasn't bad considering what some folks are paying. We are doing LFTs that we brought with us regularly and not mixing close up with others.

They are much stricter here than back home, you will be told off if not wearing a mask when you should. Restaurants have tables spread out more and lots of wiping down and hand sanitizers are in use everywhere.

Though we have been coming to the island for years we still find lots of things to do and new places to explore. Weather not as good as when we come in March but still warm enough to go out in shorts and T shirts during the day.

We watched those going home this week queueing up this morning to book their tests, it was a very long queue and took over 2 hours just to book the app. goodness knows how long it's going to take them to do the tests. Think we might look at booking apps in town.

replied on 06/12/2021 13:15

Posted on 06/12/2021 13:15

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Wherenext replied on 06/12/2021 14:07

Posted on 06/12/2021 14:07

That's ridiculous AD. I know the airlines are struggling but still...

Waiting to hear from the bike company. Supposed to pick up my e-bike today. Don't want to leave it until the awful weather arrives tomorrow. If not today then it will be Thursday probably.

Nothing much else happening hereabouts. Seem to be collecting Christmas Cards from various neighbours to deliver for them. That's the problem with being younger than your neighbours.smile

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 06/12/2021 14:07

Posted on 06/12/2021 13:15 by

My daughter is off to Italy next week. the fare from Bristol is £4 when I asked  again thinking I hadn't heard right yes FOUR POUNDs and £20 to get to Bristol from London. So while we are being asked to beat ourselves up about CO2,stop eating meat, driving, heating our homes and anything else that makes life worthwhile you can fly to Italy for £4

Posted on 06/12/2021 14:07

I think the things you are talking about are for those who are younger not us older folk who are mainly not for turning, whereas younger folk tend to think of the future  more deeply so can actually impact this Planet in a positive way👍🏻

replied on 06/12/2021 14:17

Posted on 06/12/2021 14:07 by Wherenext

That's ridiculous AD. I know the airlines are struggling but still...

Waiting to hear from the bike company. Supposed to pick up my e-bike today. Don't want to leave it until the awful weather arrives tomorrow. If not today then it will be Thursday probably.

Nothing much else happening hereabouts. Seem to be collecting Christmas Cards from various neighbours to deliver for them. That's the problem with being younger than your neighbours.smile

Posted on 06/12/2021 14:17

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook