What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 07/12/2021 16:16

Posted on 07/12/2021 16:16

Enjoy Obterre RK. MiL has dropped the odd suggestion that I might like to take her to a gite in France next year as she is feeling a bit careful about any river cruises, what with sharing space etc. Can you let me know if the gite has a walk in shower. MiL can't climb into a bath. She needs ground floor facilities but quite fit and healthy otherwise. I was thinking that the area around Obterre is far enough to get to and has some interesting places to get to. She'll probably choose Yorkshire again though.😂

Blowing a hoolie here. Bins flying everywhere. We can't get through to the NHS covid pass telephone number to try to get MiL a covid pass. Her phone is just an old fashioned PAYG so paperwork needed. She's worried that she won't be able to get out to see her friends for their regular lunch meet up.

Had to postpone picking the bike up yesterday as it wasn't going to be ready until nearly 5 pm so told them we would pick it up on Thursday or Friday.

Had a trip to M&S in the outlet village near "Chester" CAMC site. Thought it would be heaving but I need some stuff only they have. As it turned out it was fine. Less foot traffic than normal and even an empty till when needed.

Wherenext replied on 07/12/2021 16:20

Posted on 07/12/2021 16:20

Best wishes to Robsail, whose travails seem endless. Have they given you any idea of timescale for how long your son will be in HDU?

It is strange how different parts of the NHS can seem good in one place and poor in another. Our health board has been placed in "targeted intervention" whatever that may encompass due to inefficiencies so we tend to get a mixture of both good and poor practice. Nice to hear that Robsail had some positive actions from his own board.

milliehull replied on 07/12/2021 19:52

Posted on 07/12/2021 19:52

It's been a bit of a day here. We were so worried about our son and his family in N.Ireland. When we contacted him he said that the door had blown of their shed, the garden was decimated and their dog kept barking at the wind but they were all fine and their electricity was still on. Then this evening we have had a phone call from our eldest grand-daughter (a teacher) to say that she and her partner have tested positive for covid. They have all just had their PCR tests (including their 22 month old son) and are waiting for the results. We were all supposed to be taking our great grandson to see Father Christmas on Saturday so that has been postponed for 10 days. I was on duty at the Cathedral this morning - it was organ tuning day - what fun - not😳. The weather has been cold wet and windy here but nowhere near as bad as other areas. I hope none of you have been too badly affected. Stay safe everyone.

nelliethehooker replied on 07/12/2021 20:53

Posted on 07/12/2021 20:53

Had to postpone picking the bike up yesterday as it wasn't going to be ready until nearly 5 pm so told them we would pick it up on Thursday or Friday.

Looking on their web site,WN, they state a delivery service. Surely that''s the least they could do after all the cash you've spent on the bikes and the mishaps that have occurred in getting the right model?

BTW I like your new avatar.👍

Wherenext replied on 07/12/2021 20:59

Posted on 07/12/2021 20:59

We want to nip into Evans cycles which is just along the way from them to get some cycling wear. They don't stock a great deal of this at the one we're buying from plus we might take the first bike back as we're getting an enhanced computer consul for both bikes in view of delays etc. and whilst they said they are easy to fit we might just get them to do it at the same time.

The avatar is better than the caterpillars I was going to change it to.smile

Takethedogalong replied on 07/12/2021 21:00

Posted on 07/12/2021 21:00

Sorry to hear your family news Millie, hope everyone isn’t too badly affected.

Bit wild up here today, but nothing like as bad as elsewhere by the sound of things. Very cold, little bit of light snow, but we managed a good look around the outside area of Vindolanda, then retreated into the really nice cafe for a hot lunch and to thaw out a bit. Only four of us in there, so loads of space, and everyone doing all they should with masks, sanitisers etc….We spent a good couple hours looking around the Museum, never ceases to amaze this place, and unlike some of the NT and EH properties, it’s very much an ongoing project, so every visit has lots more interesting finds and exhibits. Some of the finds are so well preserved, and so personal. I always love the shoes, they have recovered over 4000 in total of all shapes and sizes. Photo attached, you need to zoom in to see the details. Outside of the really big London Museums, Vindolanda has to be my favourite Museum, so much to see, and so well presented.

KjellNN replied on 07/12/2021 21:02

Posted on 07/12/2021 21:02

Appointment yesterday went fine, X-rays satisfactory, cast slightly modified to allow fingers more movement, and padding added to make it more comfortable.  Another appointment on the 20th, and if all OK cast will be removed then.

In and out in 70 minutes, then had to hang around in the rather chilly foyer for quite a while till DD was finished in Ikea and could pick me up.

DD was here for a few hours today, so we have now finished assembling all the new garage shelving, just 2 of the 4 drawers still to put together, then we can start stashing stuff on shelves.  Just wish it was not so cold down there!

DD has friends round tomorrow, so we will see if we can finish the rest of our Christmas cards, then on Thursday we will have no water (again!) so will go down to her place, weather permitting.

Very cold here, we had sleet and snow off and on all day, but all gone now.

milliehull replied on 07/12/2021 21:21

Posted on 07/12/2021 21:00 by Takethedogalong

Sorry to hear your family news Millie, hope everyone isn’t too badly affected.

Bit wild up here today, but nothing like as bad as elsewhere by the sound of things. Very cold, little bit of light snow, but we managed a good look around the outside area of Vindolanda, then retreated into the really nice cafe for a hot lunch and to thaw out a bit. Only four of us in there, so loads of space, and everyone doing all they should with masks, sanitisers etc….We spent a good couple hours looking around the Museum, never ceases to amaze this place, and unlike some of the NT and EH properties, it’s very much an ongoing project, so every visit has lots more interesting finds and exhibits. Some of the finds are so well preserved, and so personal. I always love the shoes, they have recovered over 4000 in total of all shapes and sizes. Photo attached, you need to zoom in to see the details. Outside of the really big London Museums, Vindolanda has to be my favourite Museum, so much to see, and so well presented.

Posted on 07/12/2021 21:21

I love Vindolanda as well TDA, also love Housesteads. We had a few walking holidays in that area when we were younger and fitter.

DavidKlyne replied on 07/12/2021 21:38

Posted on 07/12/2021 21:38

Had an email from the Passport Office today to say mine has all been approved. Margaret has already had her confirmation email. Fortunately all that worry about the photographs turned out to be unnecessary.

Wherenext, Did I saw you mentioned something about River Cruises up thread? Is this something you have done? If so any feedback would be welcome. I have looked at quite a few videos on YouTube, they seem very organised?

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook