What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 07/12/2021 21:52

Posted on 07/12/2021 21:52

Hi David

Nothing to do with me personally but MiL and Mrs WN  usually have a foreign holiday in Summer and have been on a couple of cruises. One along the Duoro in Portugal and a sea cruise to Norway ffjordds. They were thinking of one in Germany for next year but MiL having second thoughts.

If you want first hand experience then Moulesy might be your man. I know he's done that Duoro trip. 

I do know MiL prefers river cruises to sea ones, but only because of some nausea problems at sea. She definitely enjoyed the actual cruises.

DavidKlyne replied on 08/12/2021 09:49

Posted on 07/12/2021 21:52 by Wherenext

Hi David

Nothing to do with me personally but MiL and Mrs WN  usually have a foreign holiday in Summer and have been on a couple of cruises. One along the Duoro in Portugal and a sea cruise to Norway ffjordds. They were thinking of one in Germany for next year but MiL having second thoughts.

If you want first hand experience then Moulesy might be your man. I know he's done that Duoro trip. 

I do know MiL prefers river cruises to sea ones, but only because of some nausea problems at sea. She definitely enjoyed the actual cruises.

Posted on 08/12/2021 09:49

Thanks Wherenext

We have done a couple of sea cruises and enjoyed them. However we have never done a river cruise. As I mentioned I have seen quite a few videos on YouTube on the various travel channels. They seem very different from sea cruises and I wonder if we would enjoy them as much as they seem very activity based rather than the flexibility of choice of relaxation. I was more interested in the major European rivers as we would have travel by train rather than fly.

David

Goldie146 replied on 08/12/2021 10:39

Posted on 08/12/2021 10:39

Another bitterly cold day. I think it's time to dig out the winter bedding.

I'm writing Christmas cards, being thrifty and using several part boxes from previous years. I don't know if it's the cold or not, but my handwriting has deteriorated, or is it just lack of use?

It's funny (not) that it's me that buys and writes the cards, the same as buying and wrapping presents.

DSB replied on 08/12/2021 10:49

Posted on 08/12/2021 09:49 by DavidKlyne

Thanks Wherenext

We have done a couple of sea cruises and enjoyed them. However we have never done a river cruise. As I mentioned I have seen quite a few videos on YouTube on the various travel channels. They seem very different from sea cruises and I wonder if we would enjoy them as much as they seem very activity based rather than the flexibility of choice of relaxation. I was more interested in the major European rivers as we would have travel by train rather than fly.

David

Posted on 08/12/2021 10:49

Carol has always liked the idea of a sea cruise, but I'm not really too bothered, to be honest.  I did investigate the possibility of a continental river cruise a few years back.  I thought I'd found a 'dog friendly' Rhine/ Mosel cruise, but it turned out not to be dog friendly....  The dog would be a problem for us - she wouldn't stay with anyone for a long period of time and kennels wouldn't be an option.

David

DSB replied on 08/12/2021 11:00

Posted on 08/12/2021 10:39 by Goldie146

Another bitterly cold day. I think it's time to dig out the winter bedding.

I'm writing Christmas cards, being thrifty and using several part boxes from previous years. I don't know if it's the cold or not, but my handwriting has deteriorated, or is it just lack of use?

It's funny (not) that it's me that buys and writes the cards, the same as buying and wrapping presents.

Posted on 08/12/2021 11:00

I used up most of my supply of Christmas cards last year.  Just got to get to the shops to buy another stock!!  🙂.  I can see the time ticking on and me not being able to get to the shops!!!  I always write the cards and do 'the stockings' (the stockings is a story in itself) - I try to get Carol to choose presents and she usually does any wrapping

Of to direct the Tamworth U3A Choir in some Chistmas Carols and music for their December meeting in around 45 minutes time.  Just going to get the keyboard, stands, speakers, electrics and laptop etc into the car before getting changed.

Since losing weight (planned, by the way), my dress suit is not much too big.  I've been putting off buying another, as I still have weight to take off - and a reluctance to buy too early, in case the new one also got too big.  Got to the point yesterday where I had to go and buy something.  Couldn't get anything locally - ended up driving to Sheffield to get the right size....

David

brue replied on 08/12/2021 11:01

Posted on 08/12/2021 11:01

Goldie, this year I think some on my Christmas list will be getting a repeat of last years card! For some unknown reason I bought a lot of cards from one charity and there were plenty left over for this year. My wrists are very stiff when I write so it's hard work, I do the cards in batches, finally finished the task this week, my writing is awful, as usual! wink

OH has gone on the charity shop rounds, laden with another batch of clear out things. I've sent quite a few pictures off.  We've run out of wall space and it's either the loft  or the charity shop. Just sorting out CDs today, even though I can ask Alexa or whatever to play something it's hard to part with the music collection! 

Goldie146 replied on 08/12/2021 13:56

Posted on 08/12/2021 13:56

Brue - Just sorting out CDs today, even though I can ask Alexa or whatever to play something it's hard to part with the music collection! 

We have 100/1000's (who knows?) of CD's. I very rarely download anything (maybe the odd track that's not on an album). The CD's are all copied to the computer and played here, there and everywhere thought the house via the Bose speakers. I used to store them in alphabetical order (by artist), but until I get some more shelves they are stacked up wherever I can find a space. I can't imagine getting rid of them! They join drawers of Cassettes, and cases of vinyl (new and old from the 1960's onwards). And the 45's. And 78's for the old wind up gramophone. I'm not a hoarder honestly!

We're not connected to Alexa. If I want something to play I have to point and click. How old fashioned!.

nelliethehooker replied on 08/12/2021 14:38

Posted on 08/12/2021 14:38

What a day weather wise up to now. Both morning walks have been undertaken in full wet weather gear because of driving rain and wind. It was really dark too up till a few minutes ago but seems to be brightening up at the moment so perhaps our afternoon walk will be a little drier.

Rufs replied on 08/12/2021 15:23

Posted on 08/12/2021 14:38 by nelliethehooker

What a day weather wise up to now. Both morning walks have been undertaken in full wet weather gear because of driving rain and wind. It was really dark too up till a few minutes ago but seems to be brightening up at the moment so perhaps our afternoon walk will be a little drier.

Posted on 08/12/2021 15:23

laughinglaughinglaughingYou live in the wrong part of the country, walked the dogs in glorious sunshine this morning, and just cycled down to beach house to check all ok after yesterdays storms, looking good, patio now level with beach wereas we used to have about a 10 inch step down, so any more storms could be  a problem, have to say weather does not look great for tomorrow, but on Gkids duty tomorrow so will spend most of day ferrying around in the car .

Wherenext replied on 08/12/2021 15:49

Posted on 08/12/2021 15:49

Filthy day here as well in North Wales.

Took the opportunity of doing some inside jobs that I've been putting off for far too long, plus sorted out our Broadband and Telephone call packages. Mrs WN finally able to get through to Wales NHS for covid pass for her mother.

Just waiting for a phone call from near neighbour to go and witness their will. Told them we were disappointed to know that we won't be in it.smile Apparently they have to wait until one of their daughter's leave this afternoon. Will to be kept a secret so don't tell anyone! Might ask them if they've set up POA's as they're quite elderly, although I did see something in the media which lumped everyone over the age of 60 as elderly, I think it was to do with vaccines, as most things are these days.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook