What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 07/08/2022 22:09

Posted on 07/08/2022 16:25 by brue

Recovering from a big local outdoor event that didn't end by 11pm as promised, the revellers were in full swing till 2am....I had forgotten how pleasant our summer evenings had been until last night. wink

Trying to sort the van for a short break and have booked another get away in September.

Forecasts of 34C so not much to pack for this coming trip...although it's extremely dry I'm glad we've had a proper summer and people have had good holidays down here.

Hope you have a good time with your Canadian visitors Francis and nice to see the photos from others who are away just now.

I saw the recent photos of Aysgarth Falls looking, well not looking like falls at all, is the water situation now better further north?

Posted on 07/08/2022 22:09

Brue, Yorkshire is still very dry, all parts. We are expecting 29c next week, no rain forecast for all next week here in SY. We do have plenty of reservoirs, not all of them are very low. No mention of hosepipe ban.

Bakers2 replied on 07/08/2022 22:17

Posted on 07/08/2022 22:17

Finally get some big jobs done 😀.

Friday we had garden help, can't find a photo of it before but after I'd started and filled the garden bin. Found the light and guttering for the 2nd time since moving in in April.... Garden help takes waste away thankfully, his transit van was full with what he cleared 😱.

In the house that jack built we weren't surprised by the frame around the waterbutt, nor the duct tape keeping guttering together, or that the diverted not being connected to the pipe leading to the waterbutt 🤐🤣🤣. Nor even the paving slabs under the growth - not sure what they are a supposed to be for??? Oh and he found the side fence damaged by another jasmine, brambles and other climbers, but since carpenter was here we had lots of choice of bits of wood so it's joined the house that jack built for now 🤔

That's the area, once I move pots, ready for the hard landscapers to realign and grout slabs to avoid the trip hazard along the back and side of the house. Then they'll tackle the veg patch at the front.

Friday the carpenter arrived to turn recess into shelved cupboard. Very pleased with the result on Saturday. Grandson enjoyed ' exploring' inside this morning before I put our loft stuff in there. Needs a tweak or 10 but I'll do that when it's cooler.

We have 2 lots of visitors from Essex tomorrow and Wednesday so just trying to get back to previous level of straightness.

Too many photos for one post, so it'll be over 2.

Good to read folks news and see photos - mine won't tempt you to visit 🤣🤣

Bakers2 replied on 07/08/2022 22:26

Posted on 07/08/2022 22:26

Recess loft. Delighted I have a good stock of archive boxes, so pleased they decided to split the larger boxes down into smaller boxes as we staff acquired the discarded ones, so that will be part of the reshuffle/tweak, they're already in there empty 🤣🤣.

Christmas Dec's will be so much easier to get at and restore but sorting those will wait until they're next in use - I did have a bit of a sort out before they were returned to storage early in the new year.

Also managed to get all my bags of knitting wool, sewing materials and work box in there too. We have soooooo many suitcases that will need culling......

Bakers2 replied on 07/08/2022 22:37

Posted on 07/08/2022 22:09 by Takethedogalong

Brue, Yorkshire is still very dry, all parts. We are expecting 29c next week, no rain forecast for all next week here in SY. We do have plenty of reservoirs, not all of them are very low. No mention of hosepipe ban.

Posted on 07/08/2022 22:37

We are the same, some hawthorn bushes on our walk in a green lane look like they've been burnt, as do some of my plants.

Met a lady who I've spoken to a few times on a dog walk yesterday. She's recently been to the lakes with her daughter and family,  she said it never got above 20 and rained everyday they were there. Can't imagine it!

Was surprised when briefly chatting to son during a pop in visit this morning that they're running out of room to store grain - there's been some good yields despite the lack of moisture. He doesn't get involved much and less now as he has house and childcare duties as well as full-time job. He still sounds worse than I did at my worst with this cold/virus, thank you grandson, I still have very sore throat and catarrh 1st and last thing but achyness is passing, managed 2 days without ibuprofen 🤞. None of us testing positive, but his family did about 4 weeks ago, he said he's feeling like he expected to feel when positive,

brue replied on 07/08/2022 22:54

Posted on 07/08/2022 22:54

B2. Hope you all feel better soon, I felt unwell for several weeks and wasted quite a few Covid tests! Looks like you have  been industrious with your new home, nice to gradually get it shipshape and make inroads into the garden.

Sounds like here B2 & TDA, parched but not totally yet, tinder dry wheatfield by us which I think will be cut soon (corn for the Dorset Down sheep etc  in winter.)

Visiting dogs now handed back, cat 😺 happy. Daughter had a good time at the Wickham festival, Show of Hands and all the favourites. It looked good on the photos and video clip.

Goldie146 replied on 08/08/2022 07:27

Posted on 07/08/2022 22:54 by brue

B2. Hope you all feel better soon, I felt unwell for several weeks and wasted quite a few Covid tests! Looks like you have  been industrious with your new home, nice to gradually get it shipshape and make inroads into the garden.

Sounds like here B2 & TDA, parched but not totally yet, tinder dry wheatfield by us which I think will be cut soon (corn for the Dorset Down sheep etc  in winter.)

Visiting dogs now handed back, cat 😺 happy. Daughter had a good time at the Wickham festival, Show of Hands and all the favourites. It looked good on the photos and video clip.

Posted on 08/08/2022 07:27

I love Show of Hands! We try to get see them when they tour up north. This time we're going to Harrogate in November - tickets still available! It should be good, Miranda back in the fold.

DSB replied on 08/08/2022 07:58

Posted on 07/08/2022 22:26 by Bakers2

Recess loft. Delighted I have a good stock of archive boxes, so pleased they decided to split the larger boxes down into smaller boxes as we staff acquired the discarded ones, so that will be part of the reshuffle/tweak, they're already in there empty 🤣🤣.

Christmas Dec's will be so much easier to get at and restore but sorting those will wait until they're next in use - I did have a bit of a sort out before they were returned to storage early in the new year.

Also managed to get all my bags of knitting wool, sewing materials and work box in there too. We have soooooo many suitcases that will need culling......

Posted on 08/08/2022 07:58

Room looking good Bakers2.... it looks like a really useful space.  However, you've reminded me that, when we are back from our summer breaks, I'm going to need to book in multiple trips to the tip, of even hire a largish skip to try and get rid of some of the stuff we've acquired over the years.  The trouble we have with 'space' is.... the more we have, the more we fill!!!  Mind you, I do mainly blame our kids!  The amount of stuff we have 'belonging to them' doesn't bare thinking about!!  I'm going to have to have a 'bin or collect' session with each of them in turn.... 😀😀

David

ABM replied on 08/08/2022 09:21

Posted on 08/08/2022 09:21

B2,  I think you'll need a " Bump Stop " for the door ( in third Picture ) or you'll create a nice dent in that plasterboard with the door handle !!surprised

Otherwise all looks good smile

Bakers2 replied on 08/08/2022 17:17

Posted on 08/08/2022 07:58 by DSB

Room looking good Bakers2.... it looks like a really useful space.  However, you've reminded me that, when we are back from our summer breaks, I'm going to need to book in multiple trips to the tip, of even hire a largish skip to try and get rid of some of the stuff we've acquired over the years.  The trouble we have with 'space' is.... the more we have, the more we fill!!!  Mind you, I do mainly blame our kids!  The amount of stuff we have 'belonging to them' doesn't bare thinking about!!  I'm going to have to have a 'bin or collect' session with each of them in turn.... 😀😀

David

Posted on 08/08/2022 17:17

It took a move to reduce loft contents and pevious years of 'returning' stuff to the children. Not so easy with one in NZ 😲 but lots has gone out that way over the years. Still have 2 boxes of son's stuff, not in there cos it wouldn't ever go! It's never convenient for him to take it and I'm too kind to take it to his to add to the unstored items already awaiting homes in their house that included the 4 boxes we gave him this time last year which are untouched in the garage. Remaining boxes have more precious items 😉. I still have a drawer under the bed full of daughters bits which would have gone by now, but we've been restricted by Covid and health. Hopefully it will happen but postage has gone through the roof in the 15 years she's been there!

If you sort out and do the offload to offspring charity shops etc it might be as economical, and less hassle, to have a licensed collector take it away. I know it was for us in expensive Essex no dirtying the car and the physical bit either.

ABM I don't think the door opens far enough to damage plaster but I will check, thank you.

Lovely visit from a friend from Essex travelling to Lincoln. My jaw aches now 😱. Arrived about 10 left about 1530 and we still could have gone on 🤣🤣🤣🤣. That's about the only real miss I have from Essex, catch up in person with friends and an unloading, for both sides 😉, chat. Very nice pub lunch too but too hot to do a dora or oher proper walk. Good job i took dora out before 7am in the cool. Hopefully they'll be more. Another Wednesday but that's a friend and family so will be different 😀.

Very warm today and HOT when the clouds let the sun through.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook