What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DEBSC replied on 08/08/2022 18:24

Posted on 08/08/2022 18:24

Took visiting dog to Crow Point today. Anne Cleeves based a couple of her novels on the place. Usually very quiet and mostly locals but busier today. People kayaking, boating, and two girls with life jackets on just floating and chatting. Dog just runs all the time, so cooled off in the water, me getting hot walking her, while others sunbathing but just perfect for dog. Lady watching asked,‘does she ever stop?’ No!  Sadly she only has one eye, I noticed her rubbing it, sand I think, no chances taken, time to go home.  Oh and yes, she won! Couldn’t stand the 5.30 wake up calls from the kitchen, so last night I moved into the spare room and she joined me, ‘laid in’ til 7.30. worth it. Not how our dog was ‘brought up’ years ago but ‘old dog new tricks etc’. Also she isn’t in her own surroundings with her own family. Seems very happy here though.

Wherenext replied on 08/08/2022 18:30

Posted on 08/08/2022 17:39 by Cornersteady

Went up Snowdon on a very hot and sunny day. Great day out 

Posted on 08/08/2022 18:30

You must be a very righteous person CS😇, seeing all that sun shining down on you, especially on Snowdon. I've been up a few times but never had the privilege of seeing that view from the top.

Cornersteady replied on 08/08/2022 19:19

Posted on 08/08/2022 18:30 by Wherenext

You must be a very righteous person CS😇, seeing all that sun shining down on you, especially on Snowdon. I've been up a few times but never had the privilege of seeing that view from the top.

Posted on 08/08/2022 19:19

Thanks but I think it was more to do with more righteous people being there than me. I was sort of collateral damage. First time for me and found it very enjoyable. We've been really lucky with the weather!

milliehull replied on 08/08/2022 20:14

Posted on 08/08/2022 20:14

I do hope you feel better soon bakers2. I always think the hot weather makes you feel worse. OH always got a lot of chest infections when our granchildren were little, caught from their recurring colds and  coughs. I am glad that you had a good catch up with your friend from Essex. We finally managed to get our local son and daughter to take their belongings away to their own houses but still have quite a few boxes of youngest son's stuff in his old bedroom and all his Uni stuff in the loft (he is now 46 😁). He is promising to clear our loft next time he comes over from NI. I will believe it when I see it!. Goodness you have been busy in your new house. It must be very satisfying to tick the jobs off the list.

We are finally off duty with our animal and grandchildren caring duties as our daughter and family are home tomorrow and OH gets his car back, hopefully in one piece. We just have to fetch our son and DIL's cat from the cattery in 2 weeks. Their journey to Greece was trouble free and they are having a great time. I am so pleased for them as their 2020 holiday was cancelled and it took them nearly a year to get their money back after a lot of hassle.

A very hot day here and even hotter tomorrow 😳

DSB replied on 08/08/2022 20:19

Posted on 08/08/2022 17:17 by Bakers2

It took a move to reduce loft contents and pevious years of 'returning' stuff to the children. Not so easy with one in NZ 😲 but lots has gone out that way over the years. Still have 2 boxes of son's stuff, not in there cos it wouldn't ever go! It's never convenient for him to take it and I'm too kind to take it to his to add to the unstored items already awaiting homes in their house that included the 4 boxes we gave him this time last year which are untouched in the garage. Remaining boxes have more precious items 😉. I still have a drawer under the bed full of daughters bits which would have gone by now, but we've been restricted by Covid and health. Hopefully it will happen but postage has gone through the roof in the 15 years she's been there!

If you sort out and do the offload to offspring charity shops etc it might be as economical, and less hassle, to have a licensed collector take it away. I know it was for us in expensive Essex no dirtying the car and the physical bit either.

ABM I don't think the door opens far enough to damage plaster but I will check, thank you.

Lovely visit from a friend from Essex travelling to Lincoln. My jaw aches now 😱. Arrived about 10 left about 1530 and we still could have gone on 🤣🤣🤣🤣. That's about the only real miss I have from Essex, catch up in person with friends and an unloading, for both sides 😉, chat. Very nice pub lunch too but too hot to do a dora or oher proper walk. Good job i took dora out before 7am in the cool. Hopefully they'll be more. Another Wednesday but that's a friend and family so will be different 😀.

Very warm today and HOT when the clouds let the sun through.

Posted on 08/08/2022 20:19

Thanks Bakers2.  Good idea about the charity shops...

David

DSB replied on 08/08/2022 20:21

Posted on 08/08/2022 17:39 by Cornersteady

Went up Snowdon on a very hot and sunny day. Great day out 

Posted on 08/08/2022 20:21

Great photos Corners.... brings back memories of the days we used to take year 8's up Snowdon.... probably take the train these days though....  😀😀

David 

DavidKlyne replied on 08/08/2022 20:29

Posted on 08/08/2022 20:29

It's funny about lofts and children. Both our sons have houses which are either the same size of bigger than ours and yet we still have some of their stuff here. In one loft I have a large suitcase full of Jaguar Racing F1 team clothing. (As a reminded Red Bull took over the Jaguar Team way back) I am pretty sure I could make a fortune from selling it online! But I am not allowed toundecided

As well as the two lofts, extension loft separate from the original we also have an over stairs storage space which is full of other sons University work from all the different degrees he has done. The problem is that new houses apparently don't have useable loft space, well that is their excuse. No doubt one day they could get the job of sorting out anyway!!!

David

DSB replied on 08/08/2022 20:46

Posted on 08/08/2022 20:29 by DavidKlyne

It's funny about lofts and children. Both our sons have houses which are either the same size of bigger than ours and yet we still have some of their stuff here. In one loft I have a large suitcase full of Jaguar Racing F1 team clothing. (As a reminded Red Bull took over the Jaguar Team way back) I am pretty sure I could make a fortune from selling it online! But I am not allowed toundecided

As well as the two lofts, extension loft separate from the original we also have an over stairs storage space which is full of other sons University work from all the different degrees he has done. The problem is that new houses apparently don't have useable loft space, well that is their excuse. No doubt one day they could get the job of sorting out anyway!!!

David

Posted on 08/08/2022 20:46

This sound so familiar David.  I'm going to try and get our lot in line to do some sorting in the autumn....  I'll let you know how I get on... 🤣🤣🤣

David

Goldie146 replied on 08/08/2022 21:17

Posted on 08/08/2022 21:17

We don’t have easily accessed lofts, but do have a Box Room. There’s paperwork and family stuff going back to nearly 100 years. We won’t be the ones to get rid of it. Just pass onto the next generation. 

I’m a hoarder, married into a family of hoarders. It’s a big house, but full of stuff we probably don’t need. But you never know. It might come in useful.

i tend to box things up, put to one side and my OH reluctantly takes down the cellar, or up to the Box Room. Or one of the bedrooms. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook