What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

HelenandTrevor replied on 20/04/2024 17:54

Posted on 20/04/2024 17:54

After a quick trip this morning for a few supplies and some little extra treats, we met youngest son and his girlfriend for a walk round Rudyard Lake. Lovely walk plenty out on the Water in the sunshine. We then had a fab pub lunch and a couple of games of pool. They gave me a beautiful crafting bag for my birthday,it will mean no more storing my stuff in an old carrier bag.🙂

Back at the van now and the sun is still shining, just watching the birds on our feeder.

Sorry no photos, too busy chatting.☺️

Hope everyone is having a good weekend & safe travels.

milliehull replied on 20/04/2024 18:46

Posted on 20/04/2024 18:46

Happy birthday Helen. Sounds like you have had a wonderful time with your son and his girlfriend.

Our eldest son and DIL came round this afternoon. My printer stopped working last week. It kept saying it was 'in an error state' and then said it was 'asleep'. Very frustrating. Thankfully son has managed to sort it out for me. Also the clutch on our car went on our way home from the airport 2 weeks ago and our usual mechanic seems to be having trouble getting someone to collect it from our drive where the rescue people brought it for us. It has all been a bit worrying and DIL has recomended a garage she uses so OH us going to ring them on Monday. Fingers crossed.

Takethedogalong replied on 21/04/2024 17:55

Posted on 21/04/2024 17:55

We are back home free a great four night trip away up to NY Moors. I’ve currently got no services to my mobile, and our email at home wasn’t working so a frustrating time trying to get things sorted today. Took four and a half hours of ping ponging back and forth between so called experts to get the email back up and running, but at least now I can use email and WhatApp. Still no calls or texts service to my phone mind, that will be another few hours of frustration no doubt. Have to say that I find O2 a shocking service provider. As soon as I can I will be ditching them for another provider. I was “migrated” over from VM, and have had nothing but problems since. 

nelliethehooker replied on 21/04/2024 18:47

Posted on 21/04/2024 18:47

I tried to send this post yesterday,  but for some reason it didn't happen. It doesn't help with having to cut photos down to an "acceptable" size for their inclusion!yell

Millie,  hope that you soon get your car sorted out. You would think that these days that with cars being so much reliable that those that repair them would be eager for the work.

Helen, hope the rest of your weekend away went well. If you don't mind me asking which site did you stay on in the Dales?

David, thanks for the heads up on the site. Have you thought of adding a review about it in the appropriate post in the UK Sites section? Hope all goes well with the fitting of your new levelling system.

We visited Kirkoswald to see Jonnie Souters Cottage and have a look around The Old Kirk and graveyard,  where as well as Burns' Grandparents are buried there is also the graves of Tan O Shanter and Souter Jonnie. Then onto Maidens for a couple of walks in the lovely warm sunshine. 

Photos of Maidens Harbour with Goat Fell in the background,  the Old Kirk, and one of Culzean Castle from the day before. 

Francis replied on 21/04/2024 19:07

Posted on 21/04/2024 19:07

Good day today I was at a classic car show near Glasgow today with the Mercedes’ club it was rainy but not too bad and a lot of nice cars still showed up. There was a museum there too so had a walk around there to get out of the rain.

Hope everyone else has had a nice weekend 

DSB replied on 21/04/2024 19:51

Posted on 21/04/2024 18:47 by nelliethehooker

I tried to send this post yesterday,  but for some reason it didn't happen. It doesn't help with having to cut photos down to an "acceptable" size for their inclusion!yell

Millie,  hope that you soon get your car sorted out. You would think that these days that with cars being so much reliable that those that repair them would be eager for the work.

Helen, hope the rest of your weekend away went well. If you don't mind me asking which site did you stay on in the Dales?

David, thanks for the heads up on the site. Have you thought of adding a review about it in the appropriate post in the UK Sites section? Hope all goes well with the fitting of your new levelling system.

We visited Kirkoswald to see Jonnie Souters Cottage and have a look around The Old Kirk and graveyard,  where as well as Burns' Grandparents are buried there is also the graves of Tan O Shanter and Souter Jonnie. Then onto Maidens for a couple of walks in the lovely warm sunshine. 

Photos of Maidens Harbour with Goat Fell in the background,  the Old Kirk, and one of Culzean Castle from the day before. 

Posted on 21/04/2024 19:51

Hi Nellie.  I've left a little review in the 'Small Private Sites' thread...

David

DavidKlyne replied on 21/04/2024 20:30

Posted on 21/04/2024 20:30

We were meant to be off to Castleton today but the knee is still playing up and the painkillers causing other issues and after a pretty rough night I decided to cancel at the last minute as I didn't think I could drive that far. Trouble was that I had, by mistake, ticked the box to take site fees automatically rather than pay on arrival which prevents you from cancelling the booking. So first thing I left a message on the site answer phone not knowing whether I would get any money back. Had a phone call from the site this afternoon telling me that he had managed to refund the payment which I thought was very nice of him. Obviously lost the deposit but that was only to be expected. My doctor has arranged for me to have an x-ray but still waiting for an appointment. Very tempted to go private and have a hydrocortisone injection.

David

KjellNN replied on 21/04/2024 21:13

Posted on 21/04/2024 21:13

Left the Lakes today at 10 and were home at 1.15, having had a quick comfort stop at Abington ( I think ) services on the M74.  Very few caravan spaces, all occupied by anything other than caravans, so stopped in the HGV area which was almost empty.  Was fine when we set out but started raining heavily as we stopped.  Lots of water on the roads in Glasgow,  but the rain eased as we got home.

After a quick lunch, and getting the caravan onto the driveway, we had to go down to the Guide hall as there was a problem with the heating, turned out just to be a stuck button on a time clock, which is about to be replaced anyway.

Then there was the car to empty as we need to use it tomorrow, and also managed to bring in a few essentials from the caravan and turn off the fridge.  Still plenty stuff out there to deal with, one downside of returning from a trip.  Will get to it all eventually!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook