What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DavidKlyne replied on 24/04/2024 12:30

Posted on 24/04/2024 12:30

TDA

I was with Virgin Mobile for many years going back to the time they had that sort of hybrid system of half PAYG and Pay Monthly. There was no monthly fee but you just paid for the calls which was ideal if you didn't use the phone much debited directly to your bank account. Then when I purchase my first Smart Phone from them I went onto a monthly contract, now like you I am with O2, fortunately no difficulties so far but I am still using the same phone when they changed. I think i am probably spending too much on the monthly tariff especially as they have recently hiked it up. I am considering upgrading my current Samsung  phone so probably at that point I will look at more reasonable monthly packages.

David

Tinwheeler replied on 24/04/2024 13:27

Posted on 24/04/2024 13:27

I have been with O2 since the days when they were BT Cellnet and have never had any issues. A couple of years ago I swapped to Virgin as I was attracted by their rolling 30 day contract and roll over of unused data. As they used the O2 network I had no qualms about it and, subsequently, no problems.

Like others, I ended up back with O2 after the merger but I’m happy with the service and the 100gb for £7 p/m deal they put me on.🙂

Hope your saga is at an end, TDA.

DSB replied on 24/04/2024 15:01

Posted on 24/04/2024 06:43 by richardandros

David - I don't know if you had them fitted but I can recommend having the extra large bases for the rams. They are literally as wide as a dinner plate and stop the rams from sinking into soft ground. They were on offer - free to members of this Club - when I had mine fitted - don't know if that still stands but they really have turned out to be a big bonus.

Posted on 24/04/2024 15:01

We had the extra large feet for the rams.  They should have cost an extra £100, but he said he wouldn't charge me for them..... 🙂  I am in the process of claiming the £50 M & S voucher (CAMC offer), and I paid the bill from a credit card (but 'paid off in full'  😀), so I could get a small cash back reward... 😀😀.... every little helps!!  🤣.

David

Wherenext replied on 24/04/2024 15:24

Posted on 24/04/2024 15:24

Some of the competition is no better Ttda. I just think it's pot luck. You keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best. We've had problems with both EE and 3. Both seem to be resolved at present but we dread having to do any amendment to the PAYG for either phone.

Sprung a surprise on MiL today by offering to take her into town to go to the library but mainly because it was market day and she wouldn't have gone if she had time to think about it. She and OH toddled into a few shops ("Dolly Trolley" used) and the library. The Blue Badge came in very useful. She enjoyed it but full fitness still a long way off.

Spent a fair amount of time after lunch pressure washing the flags in the back garden outside the rear door. The pattern on them is slightly uneven and I was worried they may be slippy for MiL after wet weather, which we have been known to have.laughing Only managed half of them due to a technical fault, i.e. I was knackered!wink

Lovely sunshine again today. Hope those away having some of the same.

milliehull replied on 24/04/2024 15:37

Posted on 24/04/2024 15:37

Sunshine WN! We have had rain showers with occasional hailstones and only a very occasional glimpse of the sun. Good to hear that MIL is out and about albeit with the 'dolly trolley'  and presumably slowly.  Hopefully it will have given her spirits a lift which is good.

We had some friends round for coffee this morning. When we arranged it a couple of weeks ago I had the faint hope that we might be sitting in the garden laughing As it was we sat indoors with the heating on.

Wherenext replied on 24/04/2024 16:09

Posted on 24/04/2024 16:09

I've always thought that your area, Millie, gets more rainfall than one would think, as it tends to get lumped in with the South East or East Anglia whenever we see a UK based forecast. The South East is constantly harangued by the ladies as a "Hogger of the best weather" so you get tarred with the same brush.

We do seem to have a lot of the wet stuff, probably not as much as we think, but it seemed never ending this winter.

Looking at annual rainfall totals you're not that far behind us in Peterborough.

We were walking on the hills above Grange in the Lakes a few years ago and talked a man who had moved from the East Anglia to the Lakes quite a number of years ago and he reckoned that, in general terms the West had better weather in Spring than the east but worse in Autumn. We've noticed he's not far off the mark.

HelenandTrevor replied on 24/04/2024 17:18

Posted on 24/04/2024 17:18

It's been a bit manic since we arrived home on Monday from a really enjoyable break, had to go straight into work, so left OH to empty the van. 😉 Been a bit not stop lots of jobs to do and I've even made a start in shortening the new curtains, mind you I am convinced the floor isn't level!! 😮😮

Great update about your MIL Wherenext,  really pleased she is able to get out and about and enjoy her craft group. 

Even here in the SE our  weather has been a bit mixed, its also been a bit chilly. Had to dash out to bring the washing in yesterday as it started to rain, just got it all in when it stopped and the sun came out 😫

Nellie,  We stayed at  CAMC Blackshaw Moor site, not stayed there for about 18 years, last time it was to take the boys to Alton Towers. Booked earlier in the year and made use of the spring discount, so only £27 pn which we thought was a good price 🙂 I actually quite like the site.

Millie, hope you get the car sorted, shame you don't live a bit closer,  could have sent Trevor round with his tool kit, he ends up doing plenty of repair jobs for friends and neighbours.  🤣

Francis replied on 24/04/2024 17:38

Posted on 24/04/2024 17:38

Glad to hear MIL is getting out and about again WN 

Its been a glorious sunny day here all day so we have spent it working in the garden and clearing out the garage currently sitting on the deck with a couple of burgers sizzling away on the Cadac. Weather has actually been good over the past week or so feels like spring has arrived at last.

DSB replied on 24/04/2024 18:10

Posted on 24/04/2024 18:10

For mobile, we've been with 3 for quite a few years now, and find them quite good.  At home we use Virgin Media, but am less happy with this - expensive for what we get, and we alway seem to have to talk the price down when the contract is up.  

In the Evora, we have an Avtex Wi-Fi antenna.  I have toyed with the idea of getting a Data card for it but not sure.  I'de be interested to hear if anyone else has used this device, and how they've got on with it.  Because we wouldn't use it all the time, I've been looking at IQ Go, which is specifically designed for caravan/ motorhomes. £20 a year, and then you just top up when you run out of data.  I don't think there the data has a time limit.  If I've understood  correctly, you buy the data and can use it until it runs out (no expiry date), then you top up...

David

DSB replied on 24/04/2024 18:14

Posted on 24/04/2024 18:14

Glad to hear better news about you MIL, Wherenext - glad she is managing to get to the craft group.......and sorry to hear about the car Millie - hope you manage to get it sorted soon.... hope the printer is behaving too.  Our printer is the worse for wear, I'm afraid... so many misfeeds....

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook