What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DEBSC replied on 30/04/2024 20:31

Posted on 30/04/2024 20:31

Went to Broadway today, sat outside the Broadway Hotel in the sunshine with a drink, perfect. The wisteria is looking lovely there. Weather so much better, and warmer, than it has been. Some of our neighbours still haven’t had their caravans sorted after the floods, so it’s all looking a bit messy here. They are hoping for new replacement vans but insurance still being sorted. Our outside all sorted now, except for the shed, tackled part of it but may leave the rest until the really warmer weather. 

The poor resident swans lost their nest and eggs when the river rose last month, they started again with a new nest in a different place, then it rained heavily all Saturday night, the river rose again and flooded the nest and her five eggs again, so sad. Hope that she either gives up now or has the energy to start again, it must take it out of her sitting on them for so long. Raining heavily again now.

I must stop visiting garden centres, can’t resist the plants but not sure that I can squeeze many more in the garden.

Bakers2 replied on 30/04/2024 21:25

Posted on 30/04/2024 21:25

It's stayed sunny all day. So very very welcome. Breeze still cool.

Walked this afternoon with a friend and her dog. New walks to me, direct from the house. My ankle and hip are holding up well.

Came back and cut 2 of the 3 lawns, used to call them grassed areas but treatment has made it lush, thick and very green. Only its 2nd cut since being done. Growing really fast.

Treated myself to a bath and am delighted to report several, or a very busy individual, bats out hunting. Like me they delight in this glorious day.

DEBSC I'm being very restrained in garden centres for the last couple of years but my time is coming 😉. My last garden was so full, but I could always squeeze one more in 🤣. We have 2 villages with plant sales and another one for the church in May and June, so I may do better on prices 😉

nelliethehooker replied on 30/04/2024 21:38

Posted on 30/04/2024 21:38

We have had 2 rather wet days in the trot, after a week of fine weather. We have not done a lot, but did manage to get a round of washing done early yesterday before the rain came, and had to dry it off in the van. Still very quiet on site with no more arriving after lunch than are leaving in the morning. Our last night here before we head on North tomorrow.

KjellNN replied on 30/04/2024 22:21

Posted on 30/04/2024 22:21

Ah, yes, one we looked at using last year, but I think it was closed at the time.  Good to know it is up and running again.

DEBSC replied on 01/05/2024 08:47

Posted on 01/05/2024 08:47

We always used to use Moreton in Marsh Club site a lot when we had a tourer, at all times of the season, it was always nearly full as we used to search for a pitch. We drove past a couple of days ago, middle of the afternoon, and were very surprised to see that it was half empty, with only one van on the popular pitches by the entrance. Was it the cool weather or have things changed that much.

DSB replied on 01/05/2024 08:52

Posted on 01/05/2024 08:52

Dull day today here in the West Midlands.... we'll go and collect the caravan about midday, and head off to Conkers.  This is one of those silly breaks, when we are so close to home, we spend most of our time going backwards and forward.....  normal regular activities will carry on as normal.... and our daughter is staying in our hose whilst we are 'up the road'... 😀

Weather says sunny intervals and light winds..... still awaiting the sunny intervals - but there's time, I guess.. .

David

KjellNN replied on 01/05/2024 10:24

Posted on 01/05/2024 08:47 by DEBSC

We always used to use Moreton in Marsh Club site a lot when we had a tourer, at all times of the season, it was always nearly full as we used to search for a pitch. We drove past a couple of days ago, middle of the afternoon, and were very surprised to see that it was half empty, with only one van on the popular pitches by the entrance. Was it the cool weather or have things changed that much.

Posted on 01/05/2024 10:24

Could be the price.  £38.90 tonight, £51.80 on Sunday, for 2 on a HS with awning.  Must be a BH this weekend.

Takethedogalong replied on 01/05/2024 11:48

Posted on 01/05/2024 11:48

Nice day here again. We got our bales of bark dotted around areas that need a top up, glad we had a sack barrow though, they aren’t half heavy. I have two roses, small climbers waiting to go in, but need building work completing first on terrace. Then trying to find space and the right position for five more herbaceous plants that need to come out of pots now, and into ground. It’s plant swop time on our street here at the moment, everyone digging, splitting, sharing. I was reading that imported plants are going to be one of the things affected by the new import checks coming into place, with prices expected to rise even further, so I shall be upping the seed and cuttings regime. I might even do some to sell outside the gate cheaply. Off to Torne Valley Farmers for some other gardening supplies as well, posts and wire for espaliering.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook