2022- 6 Nations

mickysf replied on 28/01/2022 09:34

Posted on 28/01/2022 09:34

Well the contest is nearly upon us and the excitement is building. Predictions? For me I think England will do well, even with Farrell out. I hope Marcus Smith really shows us his creative skills. He’s got a good mentor in Jonny Wilkinson! The biggest test for them I think will be France. Bring the games on! . 

Extugger replied on 08/02/2022 20:08

Posted on 08/02/2022 20:08

He should have caught the ball - instead he deliberately knocked the ball forward (yellow card offence) and as he was the last defensive player, he stopped a probable score, thus a penalty try was awarded.

nelliethehooker replied on 08/02/2022 20:26

Posted on 08/02/2022 20:08 by Extugger

He should have caught the ball - instead he deliberately knocked the ball forward (yellow card offence) and as he was the last defensive player, he stopped a probable score, thus a penalty try was awarded.

Posted on 08/02/2022 20:26

He didn't even make it look as if he was attempting to catch the ball. Had he done so perhaps the sending off would not have occurred, and even if the Scots had scored the try, the conversion would have been from very near the touchline, so much easier missed than from under the sticks, and England would have still had a full side so in a much stronger position to respond. It definitely cost his side dearly.

Extugger replied on 13/02/2022 07:45

Posted on 13/02/2022 07:45

Scotland, once again, throw away an opportunity against a mediocre Welsh team (by their standards) who seem to be struggling without Wyn Jones, particularly at rucks and mauls

A real treat dished up in Paris with Les Bleu holding off a magnificent Irish second half effort. 

Both games enjoyable for different reasons and for those who understand the game, enthralling and exciting.  It’s difficult to see anyone stopping a French Grand Slam at the moment.

nelliethehooker replied on 13/02/2022 20:36

Posted on 13/02/2022 20:36

Agree with you there, Ext.

England won comfortably enough with a young untried combination, but again gave away too many penalties and unforced errors to be convincing. They should have won by a lot more, but at least we're able to stop a determined Italian team from scoring, and gained the bonus point for scoring 4 tries.

Extugger replied on 13/02/2022 22:03

Posted on 13/02/2022 22:03

Yes Nellie, if you compare Englands’ performance against Italy to that of the French in the same fixture last week, you could say England are a better team, particularly defensively (but we know that is not the case) 

The next round of games in a fortnight will be interesting 

nelliethehooker replied on 26/02/2022 21:41

Posted on 26/02/2022 21:41

France molecular today, but that said, it could have been a bit of a different story had Hogg hung onto that pass and scored towards the end of the first half. However the "what ifs" don't win games. 

England very nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Wales must be give lots of credit for getting so close to a victory, as they didn't play well for 3/4 of the game.

Roll on the next round of fixtures in two weeks time.

nelliethehooker replied on 27/02/2022 20:24

Posted on 27/02/2022 20:24

Italy shot themselves in the foot today, but it is a stupid rule to have to take off another player when one lost two hookers, one due to a severe injury. They had no chance what so ever of winning against the Irish with one man short let alone two. I can, in some way, understand the reason for the rule at club level, but it seem very unfair for it to apply in internationals with all the additional personnel overseeing injuries and a video official too who should be able to determine if a team coach is trying it on, to get uncontested scrums.

Extugger replied on 28/02/2022 12:57

Posted on 28/02/2022 12:57

Scotland vs France......what a game! Fabulous French performance and I'm reminded of Fisherman's comments earlier in the posts about France being nothing special. OOops! Maybe it was said tongue in cheek?!

England vs Wales.....another game where Wales interupted play (particularly in the scrum) in the second half - a tactic which they've been doing and getting away with for some years now. The trainers and water bottle carriers are on the pitch longer than their players! How Moriarty stayed on the pitch is beyond belief - constant infringing unnoticed by a weak referee.

Ireland vs Italy.....only ever going to be one winner. The lawmakers of the game, together with the match officials need to take a long hard look at themselves. A red card ruins the game as a spectacle and I for one, would want my entrance money back. Ludicrous decisions!

And now the big question......where has Micksf gone? He normally contributes. Hope all is well OP

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook