2022- 6 Nations

mickysf replied on 28/01/2022 09:34

Posted on 28/01/2022 09:34

Well the contest is nearly upon us and the excitement is building. Predictions? For me I think England will do well, even with Farrell out. I hope Marcus Smith really shows us his creative skills. He’s got a good mentor in Jonny Wilkinson! The biggest test for them I think will be France. Bring the games on! . 

Extugger replied on 12/03/2022 07:58

Posted on 12/03/2022 07:58

Good game in Cardiff last night with Wales offering stiff resistance and things could have been so different had Jonathan Davies kept his eye on the ball. I got the feeling that if the French had needed another gear, it was there in reserve. They are a class outfit.

What was sad, was the 10,000 or so unsold tickets. At a £100 a time and on a Friday night, it is hopefully the last time we'll see a Friday night fixture, under floodlights in an enclosed stadium. Rugby is an outdoor sport, traditionally played on a Saturday afternoon.

nelliethehooker replied on 12/03/2022 20:01

Posted on 12/03/2022 20:01

Agree all round, Extugger, even Sunday afternoon is better than Friday night.

Was pleased to see some great tries in the Italy/Scots game, and the England/Ireland game was a tense one up to the last 15 mins, but England then ran out of steam, having to play the virtually the whole game with a man short. I think that Charlie Ewels was unfortunate to get sent off, as he had no control of James Ryan ducking down those few inches that resulted in the clash of heads, but rools is rools as they say and he had to go. 

Looking forward to the final round of games next weekend.

Extugger replied on 12/03/2022 20:38

Posted on 12/03/2022 20:38

Yes Nellie - something of a spectacle dished up in Rome and a very enjoyable game it was too!

As for the debacle at Twickenham - I turned it off after 82 seconds following a minor bump of heads and England reduced to 14 men with no mitigating circumstances taken into account. I believe it was a French referee who ruined what should have been a really good contest? Hmmm

ABM replied on 12/03/2022 20:58

Posted on 12/03/2022 20:58

Sorry, XT,  you have missed one cracker of a game, honestly  frown

R is R, as Nellie says,  but England's 14 had  totally outplayed t'other lot wink until the weight of Irish numbers told on the 'Whites'.  Unusually I cant find anything wrong in the Ref's view,  he was much closer to the action than I and probably has a rather clearer view of the rules themselves too  

Extugger replied on 13/03/2022 21:10

Posted on 12/03/2022 20:58 by ABM

Sorry, XT,  you have missed one cracker of a game, honestly  frown

R is R, as Nellie says,  but England's 14 had  totally outplayed t'other lot wink until the weight of Irish numbers told on the 'Whites'.  Unusually I cant find anything wrong in the Ref's view,  he was much closer to the action than I and probably has a rather clearer view of the rules themselves too  

Posted on 13/03/2022 21:10

My real point Brian is that I’m sick of the way my beloved game has been ruined by the introduction of TMO’s, Red Cards et al. Yes the game itself has turned professional and changed. However these new rules are not helping the enjoyment of the contest - how can it when it creates an imbalance?

I agree that tackling around the neck is dangerous   (my son suffered a broken neck from such an incident ) but a sending off for an accidental clash of heads? Man up! This is a game for men, hard men, not fairies that masquerade as footballers! Just ask the womanπŸ˜€

Ive now watched the game in its entirety and must applaud the English pack for battering the Irish throughout. The front 5 were simply magnificent but it was only a matter of time before their energy levels dropped 

ABM replied on 13/03/2022 21:26

Posted on 13/03/2022 21:26

Well, it's a bit different from my years with hard leather toecaps, leather studs held in place by three nails, shirts & shorts that could do satisfactory duty as sand / emery paper surprised  and laces over, under & round the back of the boot { but never EVER knotted on top -- kick the old lacey properly and you learn why yell }

Fisherman replied on 14/03/2022 08:37

Posted on 14/03/2022 08:37

In the end it just emphasised how boring a team England has become under Eddie Jones. Seems they play a bit like painting by numbers. Get Shaun Edwards in charge.even if his vocabulary upsets the old f.... in blazers he would bring back some passion to the game.

Extugger replied on 14/03/2022 11:46

Posted on 14/03/2022 08:37 by Fisherman

In the end it just emphasised how boring a team England has become under Eddie Jones. Seems they play a bit like painting by numbers. Get Shaun Edwards in charge.even if his vocabulary upsets the old f.... in blazers he would bring back some passion to the game.

Posted on 14/03/2022 11:46

Typical nonsensical comment!  It’s Shaun Edwards’ coaching tactics and blanket defence which is stifling the game - his legacy is testament to Wales’ boring rugby and current  position in the table. πŸ˜€πŸ‘

Fisherman replied on 14/03/2022 17:25

Posted on 14/03/2022 17:25

And the French are quite likely to be Grand Slam winners next week. Is that despite Edwards?

Extugger replied on 14/03/2022 18:09

Posted on 14/03/2022 18:09

Oh! The very same team who earlier I recall you reckoning were nothing special!! It’s unusual to find a Welshman who knows nothing about it’s National sport. Maybe you’ll have more success drowning worms?

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook