2022- 6 Nations

mickysf replied on 28/01/2022 09:34

Posted on 28/01/2022 09:34

Well the contest is nearly upon us and the excitement is building. Predictions? For me I think England will do well, even with Farrell out. I hope Marcus Smith really shows us his creative skills. He’s got a good mentor in Jonny Wilkinson! The biggest test for them I think will be France. Bring the games on! . 

mickysf replied on 14/03/2022 19:28

Posted on 14/03/2022 19:28

Bit controversial but for me Italy were the stand out side. Everyone has said they die after 60 mins but this weekend they played their best in the last 20mins. Yes, England showed fortitude at 14 men but to be honest they should be showing that every time they walk out, they don’t, well certainly not under the present coach (Steady Eddie)!

Extugger replied on 14/03/2022 21:21

Posted on 14/03/2022 21:21

Can’t argue with any of that Micky, however if Jones continues to play the current captain in his rightful position of second row and not flanker, we may see a bit more grunt from the pack. Jack Nowell has hopefully secured his new position in the pack and most definitely has the pace to be a flanker. Whatever next? Sergio Parisse to appear next Saturday against Alun W Jones? About time Steady Eddie unleashed a few more youngsters methinks - there’s nothing to lose. If England beat the French they hand the championship to Ireland 

mickysf replied on 14/03/2022 21:54

Posted on 14/03/2022 21:21 by Extugger

Canโ€™t argue with any of that Micky, however if Jones continues to play the current captain in his rightful position of second row and not flanker, we may see a bit more grunt from the pack. Jack Nowell has hopefully secured his new position in the pack and most definitely has the pace to be a flanker. Whatever next? Sergio Parisse to appear next Saturday against Alun W Jones? About time Steady Eddie unleashed a few more youngsters methinks - thereโ€™s nothing to lose. If England beat the French they hand the championship to Ireland 

Posted on 14/03/2022 21:54

Jack, the back, in the pack was an interesting and effective addition to a depleted scrum in that moment and on the day but I’m sure the French would have a simple answer to that. Steady Eddie needs to think inside the box and pick players best suited for specific positions and then instil that passion for kith and country which so often wins those tough games me thinks. 

As for Sergio he has said he would love one last swan-song but l’m not sure he has it left in him despite his very obvious, indisputable and much appreciated talent that we have witnessed in the past.

As long as we enjoy excellent and enthralling rugby this coming weekend I’m really not that bothered who lifts the championship this year!

Extugger replied on 15/03/2022 06:49

Posted on 15/03/2022 06:49

I’m really not that bothered who lifts the championship this year!

Sorry Mickysf, but you're off my Christmas Card list! wink 

Fisherman replied on 15/03/2022 08:28

Posted on 15/03/2022 08:28

Extugger- See the Warburton and Care podcast for coach ranking.Your Eddie came 6 th out of 6. As some of outr greatest players they must be wrong!.

mickysf replied on 15/03/2022 09:29

Posted on 15/03/2022 06:49 by Extugger

Iโ€™m really not that bothered who lifts the championship this year!

Sorry Mickysf, but you're off my Christmas Card list! wink 

Posted on 15/03/2022 09:29

I thought I’d written that comment very quietly! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Of course the heart still yearns for an English victory! Have I redeemed myself?๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‰

Extugger replied on 15/03/2022 17:38

Posted on 15/03/2022 17:38

Certainly have Mickysf ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Extugger replied on 15/03/2022 17:47

Posted on 15/03/2022 17:47

Content has been removed.
Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook