How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

papgeno replied on 13/02/2021 19:37

Posted on 13/02/2021 19:37

What a shambles ! Two up at 45 minutes , ref adds 3 minutes and plays 4 during which they pull one back.

they then get a soft penalty and to rub salt in score the winner very late. Our defence can't defend for toffee!

Why oh why did I renew our season tickets 😟

UTT Rog (disgusted of West Yorkshire )

moulesy replied on 13/02/2021 19:54

Posted on 13/02/2021 19:37 by papgeno

What a shambles ! Two up at 45 minutes , ref adds 3 minutes and plays 4 during which they pull one back.

they then get a soft penalty and to rub salt in score the winner very late. Our defence can't defend for toffee!

Why oh why did I renew our season tickets 😟

UTT Rog (disgusted of West Yorkshire )

Posted on 13/02/2021 19:54

Huh! You think that constitutes a shambles, Rog? You should come down to The Mem some time - we could teach you a thing or two (or maybe more) about shambles! yell

ABM replied on 13/02/2021 23:08

Posted on 13/02/2021 23:08

That's your own fault, Moulesy mate -- you are renowned for being profligate in the use of your nice shiny ten pence pieces  are you not undecidedmoney-mouth

papgeno replied on 14/02/2021 11:39

Posted on 14/02/2021 11:39

Two points gained since Christmas, the heady days of five home wins on the bounce seem eons ago. The eternal pessimist in me sees that as relegation form 😩

Away at Middlesbrough on Tuesday then it's Swansea at the JSS on Saturday. I can't see us getting owt from those two 

UTT Rog

papgeno replied on 17/02/2021 20:54

Posted on 17/02/2021 20:54

As predicted our inexorable tumble down the table continues.

We're a shambles at the back, toothless up front and moribund in midfield . We don't seem to be able to defend a lead or extend a lead. We led again last evening but couldn't see the game out.

UTT Rog😀

papgeno replied on 20/02/2021 19:12

Posted on 20/02/2021 19:12

I've watched this team for over 60 years and come to realize that I know bu99er all about football.

How do you explain this: last Saturday Town lost to the bottom team in the Championship after leading by 2, seven days later they hammer the team sitting third in the table .

At half time it seemed like a case of deja vu .Take the lead and then concede in time added on after 45 minutes.( Town have conceded in injury time in the first half for the last three matches.)

Still three welcome points especially since some of the teams around us also won.

UTT Rog

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook