How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

moulesy replied on 21/04/2021 20:40

Posted on 21/04/2021 20:40

Trellis & Brian - agree with every word you say about the recent kerfuffle. I heard mention this morning of 20 point deductions for the 6 clubs involved, doubt it'll come to that, I'm sure they've got too much legal clout. frown

The only good thing to come out of the whole sad affair is the reaction of the players and managers siding with fans rather than owners. But I fear we will be revisiting this again before too long. yell

Extugger replied on 22/04/2021 14:14

Posted on 22/04/2021 14:14

I have had to tie my hands behind my back to stop me posting on the subject of the (supposedly) 'Big Six' All I will say on the subject, after standing on the terraces, without any cover, getting very wet indeed, cold, watching my non-league team battle their way back into the league and then later, win promotion into League One (we now have a covered stand!), is that the whole concept was ill-conceived and a downright slur on the fans who pay their wages. It is noticeable (although I don't need to remind you learned lot) that the 'Six' are also the same six whose debt is higher than the others in the PL. Tottenham FGS (nb. no F) haven't won anything of note since 2008 other than a couple of corners in their last match! My blood is starting to boil so I'll stop, but a quick best wishes to all you ardent supporters, for better times ahead.

Accrington Stanley.....the Club that wouldn't die laughing

And in case you're wondering, Mrs ExT undid the knot.

ABM replied on 22/04/2021 20:46

Posted on 22/04/2021 20:46

" We are going to continue working " said Florentino Perez, Real Madrid President, " The project is on standby ".

Get the Zip Ties out Lads, ExT might be in need of assistance !!

Extugger replied on 23/04/2021 06:55

Posted on 23/04/2021 06:55

Brian

Was it you who wrote the instructions on fireworks?? winklaughing

I shall heed the warnings and stand well back!

Pliers replied on 23/04/2021 18:28

Posted on 23/04/2021 18:28

A few lines from the email received from Man City :

“ However, in making that choice we failed to remind ourselves of the unbreakable link between the passion of our fans and the right to have the opportunity to earn success. It is a truth that is fundamental to the DNA of Manchester City and the Board deeply regrets taking a decision that lost sight of the historic values of the Club. We made a mistake and we sincerely apologise to our fans for the disappointment, frustration and anguish caused by the last 72 hours.” 

What an absolute shambles 😱

papgeno replied on 24/04/2021 18:21

Posted on 24/04/2021 18:21

Town go two down early doors then get one back just before half-time and I think “happens we can get something here”.Three goals in six minutes early in the second half puts the kibosh on that. Fortunately other results go our way  and we’re not down yet.

I see that Perez fella is saying the ESL isn’t dead yet and the greedy six can’t leave, something about binding contracts. 
UTT Rog

richardandros replied on 25/04/2021 05:55

Posted on 25/04/2021 05:55

I've been hesitating posting on here about Hull City's excellent run of late - because they always seem to fail at the last hurdle - but now they've done it and guaranteed promotion back into the Championship at their first attempt after a nail-biting win over Lincoln.

Although he's had a lot of stick during the season, McCann has delivered - well done Tigerssmile

ABM replied on 25/04/2021 11:53

Posted on 25/04/2021 11:53

Shush now, R & R surprised, There be a couple of footy fans on 'ere wot am none too chuffed at present ( !! ) and your gloating might just ruin their Sunday pre-lunch drinkies  innocent.  Thinking of that, I see Crewe Alex the Mighty, are due to visit and ruin some Bristolian team's next Saturday evening  celebrations undecided, Now that might cause some flutterings in a certain Roving Dovecote down that way smile

richardandros replied on 25/04/2021 16:42

Posted on 25/04/2021 11:53 by ABM

Shush now, R & R surprised, There be a couple of footy fans on 'ere wot am none too chuffed at present ( !! ) and your gloating might just ruin their Sunday pre-lunch drinkies  innocent.  Thinking of that, I see Crewe Alex the Mighty, are due to visit and ruin some Bristolian team's next Saturday evening  celebrations undecided, Now that might cause some flutterings in a certain Roving Dovecote down that way smile

Posted on 25/04/2021 16:42

ABM - I wasn’t gloating - I’ve learned too many times with Hull City, that’s a very silly thing to do. More a sense of relief that this time, they haven’t let us down 😂

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook