Tour de France

DSB replied on 03/07/2019 11:28

Posted on 03/07/2019 11:28

I don't have a great interest in sport, generally, but I do like to watch the Tour de France - not just for the sport, but for the chance to spot some of the places we have visited in France by looking at the TV coverage.

The Tour starts again this coming weekend.  If you want to know where the tour will take us this year, I'm sure there are various sources.....

Here is the one on Wikipedia...

HERE

and the official one....

https://www.letour.fr/en/stage-1

Happy viewing....

David

ABM replied on 13/07/2021 12:41

Posted on 13/07/2021 12:41

Quite agree TtDA, but I have to smile when I see one of them standing there chatting in full kit.  They carry precious little excess weight ~~ No fat, no bulging muscles etc ~~ but what there is will be used totally to propel their two wheels swiftly & efficiently to fulfil their tasks for today, be it Sprinting, Climbing, Protecting Team Leader, or just Domestique Duties { whatever they might be undecided}

Now I'm going to check up on those very interesting Motorbikes with Twin Front Wheels smile I am no biker so they add another dimension to my view of the T de F.

Take care you all and please  Don't Fall Off  !!  surprised

Takethedogalong replied on 13/07/2021 19:44

Posted on 13/07/2021 19:44

Trust me, some of the Sprinters have a lot of bulging muscle, I am thinking Andre Griepel, Marcel Kittel. All that takes some hefting over mountains😂 Cav is more your “pocket rocket”😁

nelliethehooker replied on 13/07/2021 20:58

Posted on 13/07/2021 20:58

Not all the sprinters are like that though, just look how well both Michael Mathews and Sonny Colbrelli did today, each taking points at the end and getting close to the number that Cav has.

ABM replied on 13/07/2021 21:24

Posted on 13/07/2021 21:24

Quite understand your point, TtDA, but I've just had a pleasant hour or three watching the athletics from Gateshead and even the relay batons have biceps or quadriceps to put weight lifters to shame  innocent

ABM replied on 01/07/2022 21:13

Posted on 01/07/2022 21:13

Tour De France  2022

JUST BLEEP BLEEP TYPICAL INNIT  yell

Three weeks or so of decent weather in Copenhagen-land  and then the T-de-F pulls into town  and  and  and  ???  It Pours down ~~~~ still it makes life easy for the squad cleaners !!

Takethedogalong replied on 02/07/2022 11:41

Posted on 02/07/2022 11:41

It was a bit grim wasn’t it at one point. Copenhagen looked a nice city though, very interesting and superb for cyclists. Should be interesting today…..bridges and cross winds😱 I will be watching for tips, we are hoping to cycle across Humber Bridge next week. 

DSB replied on 02/07/2022 12:54

Posted on 02/07/2022 11:41 by Takethedogalong

It was a bit grim wasn’t it at one point. Copenhagen looked a nice city though, very interesting and superb for cyclists. Should be interesting today…..bridges and cross winds😱 I will be watching for tips, we are hoping to cycle across Humber Bridge next week. 

Posted on 02/07/2022 12:54

Best of luck with the cycling TTDA....  Haven't watch any Tour de France this year yet....  I usually manage to watch the late night catch-up.... must check to see when they are on.. 

David

ABM replied on 02/07/2022 16:56

Posted on 02/07/2022 16:56

It Started, unusually, on a Friday to give them all time to get over to France for the regular days pedalling cool 

Takethedogalong replied on 02/07/2022 18:19

Posted on 02/07/2022 18:19

It’s good to see the Grand Depart visiting other countries, Denmark looks to have a fantastic cycling infrastructure. UK is abysmal compared with a lot of places. Great crowds as well.

So hope one of the big Tours come back to Yorkshire🤞

We shall be catching up tonight, highlights are usually 7pm on ITV4.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook