Tour de France

DSB replied on 03/07/2019 11:28

Posted on 03/07/2019 11:28

I don't have a great interest in sport, generally, but I do like to watch the Tour de France - not just for the sport, but for the chance to spot some of the places we have visited in France by looking at the TV coverage.

The Tour starts again this coming weekend.  If you want to know where the tour will take us this year, I'm sure there are various sources.....

Here is the one on Wikipedia...

HERE

and the official one....

https://www.letour.fr/en/stage-1

Happy viewing....

David

Wherenext replied on 02/07/2022 20:26

Posted on 02/07/2022 20:26

How good was it to see Fabio Jakobsen win the stage today? After all the man has been through in recent years following his accident. I know people wanted to see Cav but this man has proved he deserves to be at the Tour and todays win just rubber stamps it. 

Takethedogalong replied on 02/07/2022 21:15

Posted on 02/07/2022 21:15

Yes a really good win. Nicked it on the line. Van Aert’s face said it all. I would have loved to see Cav back again, but Jakobson throughly deserves to be there. Hope no one was badly hurt in the pile ups. Stunning scenery.

ABM replied on 02/07/2022 21:53

Posted on 02/07/2022 21:53

Managed to get a bit of Test Crikit As well as the last 35 mins of TdF tonight, purely due to the rain at Edgbaston wink

ABM replied on 12/07/2022 23:29

Posted on 12/07/2022 23:29

Had another interrupted session watching TdF today ~~  First time I've ever seen them totally stoppedsurprised! Some bods demonstrating about something which the TdF Top Dogs were not going to give airtime to,  so out came the anchors and stop watches to halt everybody and ensure correct spacings on the restart.  Cannot imagine any sport in GB being that well organised  wink  but it was hot so I assume the pedallers enjoyed a few minutes of calm relief 

nelliethehooker replied on 14/07/2022 22:05

Posted on 14/07/2022 22:05

Two great days of racing, yesterday and today. What a finish by Jonas Vingegaard to take the yellow jersey. It just went to show that Tadej Pogacar can be beaten. Then today a Brit winning on Alpe D'Huez after a fine solo ride up the mountain. What a ride by Tom Pidcock.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/07/2022 14:29

Posted on 15/07/2022 14:29

Yes, two very interesting and competitive days. Good to see Chris Froome have a really good day, and Tom Pidcock on his first Tour has been sensational. G had a very good day as well, but not sure he can live with those two youngsters.

nelliethehooker replied on 15/07/2022 21:55

Posted on 15/07/2022 21:55

Nearly another Brit taking a stage today, but Mad Peterson had the measure of Fred Wright in the closing sprint. Still it was another fine performance from the Londoner, who has been up near the front on a number of stages.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/07/2022 22:41

Posted on 15/07/2022 22:41

Yes,I was willing him on, but Pederson was too strong. A good cat and mouse finish😁

Takethedogalong replied on 23/07/2022 21:08

Posted on 23/07/2022 21:08

Excellent time trial day today. I have to say, Wout Van Aert has been sensational this tour, he’s done everything except win the yellow jersey, helped his Team Leader into that spot. Good day for GT as well today. With hindsight, I really think the Tour has missed Mark Cavendish. I dont think Jakobsen has the race craft and team leadership just yet, hopefully it will come. Fred Wright is definitely someone to watch out for👍

Van Aert to win on Champs Elysees tomorrow I hope👍

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook