What have you seen

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:48

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:48

I can't see the original sticky so will start a new thread.  Saw nearly 30,000 knot on Breydon Water yesterday.  Great weekend at Minsmere, Otter, Kingfishers, Bitterns, lots of Marsh Harriers

brue replied on 15/04/2021 12:14

Posted on 15/04/2021 12:14

OH thinks it's a house sparrow egg? (Small with pale brown freckles)

I've found a link for the Salisbury Cathedral Peregrine live stream. Perhaps CY saw one of them in flight?

here's the LINK

RedKite replied on 15/04/2021 18:12

Posted on 15/04/2021 18:12

It does look like a house sparrow egg brue.

Had a pair of Sparrowhawks flying over this afternoon whilst having a cup of tea sat outside.

Got a lot more butterflies emerging now and with the weather warming up there will be many more.

The nightingale is still singing lovely to hear takes me back to my childhood in Shropshire.

ABM replied on 16/04/2021 15:48

Posted on 16/04/2021 15:48

Spent a while before lunch today sorting out the bird foods and feeders, stopped for a quick brew, perched on the campervans portable steps. Got that strange feeling of being watched so looked around,  saw a tourist eagle*** circling at a good height but to no avail !! I ain't ordering food for them  !! Still it reminds me that even Crewe ain't far from some Rough Country & the creatures that occupy it,  even if the cattle fields are trimmed to within an inch of their life  undecided

***  Tourist Eagle  --> Buzzard  wink  - a nickname I learned up the Scottish West Coast  long ago,  back in my tenting days

cyberyacht replied on 17/04/2021 11:51

Posted on 17/04/2021 11:51

Saw a pair of long tailed tits in the trees by the Salisbury Rugby Club car park early Thursday evening. Not a lot of wildlife in evidence on a walk along the Avon into Salisbury though.

brue replied on 19/04/2021 10:08

Posted on 19/04/2021 10:08

An interesting visitor on site yesterday evening, just behind our van. A Bengal Eagle Owl in training, lots of info from his young owner. 

nelliethehooker replied on 19/04/2021 21:52

Posted on 19/04/2021 10:08 by brue

An interesting visitor on site yesterday evening, just behind our van. A Bengal Eagle Owl in training, lots of info from his young owner. 

Posted on 19/04/2021 21:52

We had similar one time we were staying at Sky Barn CL, but not an owl but a Golden Eagle!!😯

Wherenext replied on 23/04/2021 16:42

Posted on 23/04/2021 16:42

We haven't had a proper days birdwatching for quite some time so treated ourselves today to a days walking along the west coast of the Wirral from Burton Point to Parkgate. Some of it involved using the boardwalk next to the reedbed. It can get very muddy here and the boards themselves were not all there or in good shape but thanks to the recent good weather we managed it. Another good reason for using it was the lack of other people.

What a splendiferous day it was. We watched a Grasshopper warbler reeling away for well over a minute. I don't know how they can breathe and keep singing/reeling at the same time. Also got a good view of a Cetti's Warbler that didn't know we were lurking. Other great spots today were Lesser Whitethroat along with Common Whitethroat, Swallow, Skylarks, 2 Great White Egrets, Marsh Harrier, Sedge Warblers (our first of this year) and loads of the more commonly seen birds. Brill.laughing Plus some new Butterflies, Peacocks being the most numerous and some new Hawthorn Blossom along with a great sight of a Crab Apple tree in full bloom.

Loads of walkers and cyclists on the popular bits. Furlough still in full swing by the look of it.

brue replied on 23/04/2021 17:26

Posted on 23/04/2021 17:26

Sounds like a good day out WN. We seem to be doing OK in Cornwall, busy on the main roads but not many people out and about doing the "visiting." I expect this is the lull between the bank holidays and spring break.

Some nice dog tooth violets on our visit to Trewidden. We bought a little Assam tea camellia plant...will it grow to fill a tea pot I wonder?

Pliers replied on 23/04/2021 18:08

Posted on 23/04/2021 18:08

Excellent day’s birding today at NWT reserve at Hickling Broad.

Highlight undoubtedly a group of 8 cranes flying low, overhead.

All the “usual suspects” present in good numbers, too. 🙂.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook