What have you seen

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:48

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:48

I can't see the original sticky so will start a new thread.  Saw nearly 30,000 knot on Breydon Water yesterday.  Great weekend at Minsmere, Otter, Kingfishers, Bitterns, lots of Marsh Harriers

nelliethehooker replied on 23/04/2021 21:35

Posted on 23/04/2021 21:35

Lots of butterflies down here, Peacocks, Small Tortoiseshells, Commas, Orange Tips, the odd Brimstone, and a couple of small blue ones too quick to identify properly. In the bird world there are lots of Buzzards, Red Kites, both Green and GS Woodpeckers and Skylarkand Long Tailed Tits. Also saw our first Wheatear this afternoon.

Looks as if others have a good day out too.

Takethedogalong replied on 24/04/2021 11:02

Posted on 24/04/2021 11:02

We had a good week spotting wildlife last week at Nene Park. Brimstones, peacock butterflies. Kingfishers, terns, dozens of swans, a lone Great Blacked Back Gull, herons galore, loads of songbirds, dozens of cormorants, geese and ducks, and a flock of noisy parakeets. Very sadly, we saw quite a few dead badgers and deer along the roadsides travelling to and from as wellโ˜น๏ธ

Pliers replied on 24/04/2021 17:06

Posted on 24/04/2021 17:06

Strumpshaw Fen RSPB reserve today.  Cuckoo! Heard but not seen, but 1st of the year. 
Lots of garganey about, more than I’ve ever seen before.
Mallards with ducklings, Greylags with goslings, all tiny, fluffy and very cute. 
Now planning tomorrow’s outing ๐Ÿ™‚

brue replied on 25/04/2021 09:03

Posted on 25/04/2021 09:03

Another day, another Cornish garden. Trebah in spring. The Helford river was quite choppy in the strong winds but the plants were doing well.  Spot the non political Sturgeon. winksmile

RedKite replied on 25/04/2021 10:29

Posted on 25/04/2021 10:29

Great photos brue another one to visit we we come over in September.

Plenty of lizards around here NH they do help to keep small insects at bay.

Saw a fresh Green Hairstreak butterfly yesterday whilst out for usual walk and plenty of other butterflies about.

RedKite replied on 25/04/2021 12:30

Posted on 25/04/2021 12:30

Lizards I can cope with but on the border next to a stone wall was a young whip snake soon as it saw me disappeared back into the wall, we have had them about before and they grow upto 2 metres long even seen dead ones on the road around here and reading about them to find they will even kill their species and adders to eat.

Pliers replied on 25/04/2021 18:56

Posted on 25/04/2021 18:56

I really like lizards, find them fascinating, but have never seen one in the UK, so very envious.

We went to NWT reserve at Ranworth today, a few common terns about, another 1st for the year for us.

Off to Fakenham Racecourse site, tomorrow, Barleywood CL was completely booked up, should have tried much earlier.
Hopefully some good birding on the North coast, usually excellent at this time of year. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Wherenext replied on 26/04/2021 19:57

Posted on 26/04/2021 19:57

Pliers, where were you staying for mid Norfolk? Sounds like a great start to the caravanning year.

Saw nesting House Martins at Arley Hall today. Talk about starting early.

RedKite replied on 26/04/2021 20:37

Posted on 26/04/2021 20:37

Have seen 3 Swifts flying over today and had quite a few House Martins go over last week.

When I lived in Shropshire as a child we used to go for picnics  about 2 miles from where we lived and there was a stone wall facing south and used to see lizards in and on the wall probably none there now.

Had Mr and Mrs Pheasant on our wall at the bottom of the field this morning having time out for cleaning their feathers etc.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook