What have you seen

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:48

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:48

I can't see the original sticky so will start a new thread.  Saw nearly 30,000 knot on Breydon Water yesterday.  Great weekend at Minsmere, Otter, Kingfishers, Bitterns, lots of Marsh Harriers

RedKite replied on 15/04/2022 09:55

Posted on 15/04/2022 09:55

A good day out WN.  On our way to Obterre yesterday saw 2 female Merlins and 1 male Hen Harrier the a couple of fields with cows in a rough count of about 100 Cattle Egrets never seen so many and last night whilst sat out a few Swallows flying around then had a couple of the local Mallards from the site pond come and sit right next to us he making sure that no other male came near but 1 did and soon  got a telling off by going for the other's throat with his beak all go here.  Off for a meal out today in the Brenne Regional Park then a look around to see what else is about.  Weather sunny and warm.

DSB replied on 15/04/2022 12:30

Posted on 15/04/2022 09:55 by RedKite

A good day out WN.  On our way to Obterre yesterday saw 2 female Merlins and 1 male Hen Harrier the a couple of fields with cows in a rough count of about 100 Cattle Egrets never seen so many and last night whilst sat out a few Swallows flying around then had a couple of the local Mallards from the site pond come and sit right next to us he making sure that no other male came near but 1 did and soon  got a telling off by going for the other's throat with his beak all go here.  Off for a meal out today in the Brenne Regional Park then a look around to see what else is about.  Weather sunny and warm.

Posted on 15/04/2022 12:30

Been to Brecon Beacons CAMC site this week and one day went to the feeding station at Llanddeusant to see Red Kites.  Unfortunately my photos were really poor - difficult to take them using the phone.  I think Carol got some better photos on her camera though....

David

mickysf replied on 15/04/2022 20:33

Posted on 15/04/2022 20:33

Bats yesterday evening flying around the cliffs. Wish I could identify the species but a real sign of warmer days. Love to watch them flying around our home sitting out on barmy evenings with that last brandy in hand!

brue replied on 16/04/2022 11:25

Posted on 16/04/2022 11:25

S Somerset. The swallows have arrived locally to their previous nest sites in a long run of house eaves. These are modern terraced houses built in a way which attracts them, the nests are still there from last year. The houses were built on the site of several barns. That's the first group, chattering away, happy to be back. Another two groups are due at a neighbours barn and another barn nearby. A week earlier than last year. The weather is warm and calm and there's lots of insect food about. smile

papgeno replied on 16/04/2022 12:33

Posted on 16/04/2022 12:33

The shepsters have been back picking moss out of my lawns for nest building. They need to work much harder there’s a lot of moss!

ps “ shepster” is local dialect abbreviation of sheepstar an alternative name for starling.

mickysf replied on 16/04/2022 21:05

Posted on 15/04/2022 20:33 by mickysf

Bats yesterday evening flying around the cliffs. Wish I could identify the species but a real sign of warmer days. Love to watch them flying around our home sitting out on barmy evenings with that last brandy in hand!

Posted on 16/04/2022 21:05

What would you know? Sitting outside tonight on a barmy night with a wine in hand watching the bats flying around our home. Fabulous sight.

RedKite replied on 20/04/2022 17:52

Posted on 20/04/2022 17:52

Had a pair of Turtle Doves singing in a tree and 50 metres from them a Nightingale was singing whilst walking around the campsite at Brissac-Quince just below Angers made my day, and today having a walk around a lake next to the campsite in Bain de Bretagne a pair of Tree Creepers going up a coupe of trees.

HelenandTrevor replied on 21/04/2022 07:22

Posted on 21/04/2022 07:22

We're lucky to see quite a few Puffins yesterday at Bempton, one was only a couple of metres away.

We have been hearing the Curlews every day, and yesterday managed to catch sight of them feeding in the field.  We also have seen  Swallows, and the owners of the holiday cottage we are staying in told us they usually nest in the Granary, they have left special swallow hole's smile

Also had a good sighting of a Yellow hammer along the cinder track.

mickysf replied on 21/04/2022 19:14

Posted on 21/04/2022 19:14

Today a mandarin drake attempting to mate with several mallard ducks. The mallard drakes were not that happy about it. Mind you they weren’t that happy when a male of their species attempted the same. Wonder if and what that hybrid would turn out like!🤪

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook