#3500 lives – what are your tips for safe driving?

RochelleCC replied on 10/03/2017 10:34

Posted on 10/03/2017 10:34

Today the FIA launched their #3500lives road safety campaign. The campaign is designed to raise awareness of the risk factors faced by drivers through a series of powerful posters which tackle key issues such as texting whilst driving, using a child safety seat correctly, checking tyres and stopping when tired.

We think that this is an extremely worthwhile cause, and I’d love to hear your thoughts on the campaign.

What are your top tips for safe driving?

You can find out more about the campaign at www.fia.com

Lyke Wake Man replied on 01/05/2023 10:36

Posted on 01/05/2023 10:36

don't drive for too long, as an retired Driver I use the tachograph rules, you must take a break of 45 mins after 4.5 hours driving, that 45 mins can be made of 1 or more breaks of 15 mins before the 4.5 hrs

AngAlb replied on 18/05/2023 10:19

Posted on 10/03/2017 11:42 by volvoman9

Dont be in too much of a hurry and know exactly what is going on around you.

v9

Posted on 18/05/2023 10:19

Absolutely agree with you matey, it's always better to arrive late that not at all. Trying to go that little bit quicker isn't worth the risk, nice and steady wins the race so they say!

JohnM20 replied on 19/05/2023 09:28

Posted on 19/05/2023 09:28

One of the more recent additional hazards that we must all watch out for is electric scooters. These are not only illegal, (in most cases), but usually being ridden in such a way as to cause a danger to both themselves and other road users. In the space of the last few days I have seen about a dozen being ridden, at speed, on pavements and occasionally on the road. On at least two occasions the riders have just gone straight across a junction road without slowing or stopping, weaving their way through moving traffic. Some of these that I have seen have been at night with no lights on and, invariably dressed in dark clothing including face masks, presumably so that they can't be identified.  Drivers have enough to contend with without this addition of illegal idiots. Regretfully, it is not evident that the police are doing anything about this issue. If they were, there would not be so many blatantly being ridden illegally.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook