Communications Preferences

brue replied on 23/03/2022 07:51

Posted on 23/03/2022 07:51

It would appear that this function, which was reported as not working recently is still not working. For some like me who have changed preferences to receive updates and emails nothing appears to be functioning. For instance, did the e mails regarding price increaseas go out to all who have opted in? If so there maybe many like me who are missing out. If this preference isn't working correctly or opting out is chosen where are the updates on the main web site for all to see?

brue replied on 13/06/2022 10:11

Posted on 13/06/2022 10:11

The only e mails I get are booking confirmations which I think would be standard practice for all.

Rowena replied on 14/06/2022 14:45

Posted on 09/06/2022 13:52 by brue

I'm bringing this thread up again as since my original query and up date the system has not continued to work. I don't know how many others out there have opted in to receive CAMC communications but aren't getting them? Some have indicated recently (like myself) no communications are arriving.

I've reported this fault again recently.

Some members have indicated on this thread about deposits and a previous one that the system isn't working. LINK

Is it possible to have a response from CAMC regarding this technical failure? 

Posted on 14/06/2022 14:45

I'm so sorry you are having issues with this brue. I have forwarded the discussion to the relevant teams for their reference. if you can email the Club directly someone will get back to you. 

brue replied on 21/07/2022 21:18

Posted on 21/07/2022 21:18

Still haven't received any communications from CAMC so I now assume the Communication Preferences are not working (based on reading that some have had emails recently.)

Tammygirl replied on 22/07/2022 15:24

Posted on 21/07/2022 21:18 by brue

Still haven't received any communications from CAMC so I now assume the Communication Preferences are not working (based on reading that some have had emails recently.)

Posted on 22/07/2022 15:24

We are still not getting the emails that others have said they get.

We have gone through the list on My Profile and selected the correct boxes.

We do get emails if we make a booking or amend or cancel one. Other than that we have to rely on CT for information. 

Burgundy replied on 22/07/2022 22:02

Posted on 22/07/2022 15:24 by Tammygirl

We are still not getting the emails that others have said they get.

We have gone through the list on My Profile and selected the correct boxes.

We do get emails if we make a booking or amend or cancel one. Other than that we have to rely on CT for information. 

Posted on 22/07/2022 22:02

I was in the same position earlier in the year when I found out through the forum that there was a monthly newsletter and I wasn't receiving it. I checked  My Profile and the correct boxes where selected. I emailed the club and received a reply to say my profile had been checked and the right boxes where selected, Still no newsletter. I had to wait till the next month to find out I still didn't get newsletter. Emailed club again and received a reply to say "my email contained capital letters, maybe that's the problem." frown Eventually I received a phone call while I was on a site setting up to say the settings on another server were set to not receive emails, and did he have my permission to change them. I said yes and I have been receiving the newsletters ever since. Looks like Club servers aren't talking to each other.

brue replied on 24/07/2022 19:40

Posted on 24/07/2022 19:40

Thanks Burgundy, that is interesting to hear. Although I have been in touch with CAMC I have had no further response and feel that there are probably many like me who are left in limbo. Obviously this is a major fault and CAMC are not taking any action to sort it out. Like TG I have re-set things several times but it's obviously going out into the ether!

If TG doesn't mind I will report her post to highlight the lack of action. If CAMC intend upgrading their booking system soon it would be good if everything could "talk" in fact if it doesn't the system is never going to work! undecided

brue replied on 07/08/2022 11:05

Posted on 07/08/2022 11:05

Nothing at all since my last post, I wonder how many other members are in the dark too,!

Assuming quite a few will opt out and a proportion like us are on another CAMC planetary system is there any resolution in the offing? frown

PS not that I want lots of e mails but if I've opted in it would be good to see updates.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook