Rua de Cerdeira, 400, Campo do Geres, Terras de Bouro, Braga, 4840-030 , PortugalView on map
Why stay here ...
Set in the Peneda-Gerês National Park in northern Portugal, this peaceful, unique site provides unlimited options to enjoy the natural surroundings, unspoilt countryside and wildlife surrounding the site. Enjoy walking, climbing, cycling or just taking in the incredible mountain views.
All facilities are maintained to a high standard, and a superb restaurant offers a full menu of local cuisine. Water-based activities range from an on-site swimming pool to fishing and canoeing nearby.
Visitors can enjoy the great outdoors on the beautiful walking trails with their views of mountains and stunning lakes, while those wanting to venture further afield can cross the border into Spain and explore the port town of Vigo.
Around & about
Campo do Geres, National Park Pena-da-Geres, Roman Road Museums, Braga, Rio Homen, Lake Barragen Vilarinho da Furna, Guided Hikes/trails, Cycling, Horse riding, Kayaking, Canoeing.
Latest arrival time - low: 10:00 PM
Latest arrival time - high: 10:00 PM
Earliest departure time - low: 9:00 AM
Earliest departure time - high: 9:00 AM
Minimum stay 2 nights (applies )
Is there a set arrival day? No
From Braga, follow EN 101 towards Vila Verde and after crossing the river Cávado, take the EN 205-3 by Terras de Bouro, Covide and Campo do Gerês
From the EN 103 which connects Braga to Chaves, at Km 58, follow the direction to Albufeira da Caniçada and then S. Bento da Porta Aberta, Covide and Campo do Gerês
- Distance to Calais: (kms)
- Lat 41.763783 / Lon -8.189669
- Michelin map no.
- Buses go to: Campo de Gerês - Braga
- Daily public transport within 2 kms
- Nearest port: Santander (617 kms)
Here‘s some additional info that you’ll find useful if visiting in the winter months
- The outdoor pool is closed in winter, from around mid-September to mid-June
- You'll find the restaurant is closed during November, but open at weekends during January and February
- The site runs activities all year round, including guided forest walks, bike hire and canoeing subject to demand
- This site may have limited facilities open in low season.
Log in to write a review