- To make sure any fire won't spread, guests must keep their outfit at the required distance from others. See ‘Club Campsite Rules’ for details.
- Carbon Monoxide kills. Keep barbecues out of outfits, awnings and tents. Guests are to make sure exhaust from generators is properly vented away from occupied areas. Carbon Monoxide is a colourless, odourless, highly poisonous gas that can kill in minutes. Carbon Monoxide poisoning can be caused by any fuel that burns or smoulders. Barbecues can continue to give off Carbon Monoxide for 12 hours after they have been used.
- Ensure barbecues are away from outfits and hedges and outside of awnings and tents - guests are not to leave these unattended. Let hot ashes cool down before putting them in the rubbish.
- As soon as possible after arrival, guests are strongly recommended to get to know the campsite’s fire safety precautions and location of fire points so the alarm can be raised in the event of a fire. Also guests are to make a note of where the assembly point is. Guests are recommended to read the evacuation notice, too. Fire extinguishers are provided at the fire points. Guests are to familiarise their use, prior to attempting to put out a fire.
- If a fire breaks out, guests are to raise the alarm and follow the instructions of site staff. Guests are to keep children in their care safe by making them aware of the danger of emergency services rushing to the scene.
- We recommend that guests have a fire extinguisher, fire blanket and smoke alarm in their outfit. These should be checked and serviced regularly so they're always ready to use. Fire buckets are very handy, too, but must not be used on electrical fires.