Fen Road, Pidley, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE28 3DFView on map
Why stay here ...
The new 5 pitch CL site is situated in an enclosed and peaceful location, within the 5 lake fishery, Rookery Waters. We first opened in 2003 to help diversify our small arable and beef farm. Since then we have complimented the existing environment by planting hundreds of trees, miles of hedging and creating reed bed conservation areas around the fishery and on the 230 acre farm. Our reed bed next to the CL is registered with the British Trust for Ornithology and has had a monthly bird count for the last three years.
The nearest village, Pidley, is 2 miles and it is 8 miles to the historic market town of St Ives.
Each caravan/motorhome pitch has a hard, level gravel standing with large grass area, with ample room for a car and awning. There is a pedestal electric hook-up with light and fresh water supply. The site overlooks the well-established Rook Lake and stunning views of the countryside.
There are miles of bridle and foot paths for walking and cycling. Next to the site is a conservation reed bed wetland area, where many rare birds come for the summer to breed. Well behaved dogs are welcome. Please be respectful of the site and keep your dog under close supervision.
Amenities and things to do/see Onsite
- Fishing - The Fishery is one of the best around in the area, there are 5 well stocked fishing lakes all with different features. You are able to park behind your fishing peg on 4 of the lakes. For more info on our lakes see our Website.
- Fishing Tackle Shop (Tackle & Bates) - The shop has an extensive selection of everything you need, including all baits, big name fishing tackle, equipment and clothing. It is here where you must purchase your day ticket before you fish. Alex Bates the manager will be happy to advise you.
- Cafe - A relaxed atmosphere cafe serves full English Breakfasts and other fresh cooked foods until 11am, then snacks, drinks and alcoholic beverages all day. There are also essentials to buy (milk, bread etc).
- Toilets & grey waste - There are separate ladies, gents and disabled toilets in the cafe and outside in the carpark, where there is also a grey waste emptying point.
Things to do/see Offsite
- Lakeside Lodge Complex 1.5 miles. Golf, pitch & putt, ten pin bowling, restaurant and bar.
- Pidley village 2.5 miles - Mad Cat Pub.
- Warboys village 3 miles - Pubs, Chip shop/Chinese takeaway, Newsagent, Bakers, Spar & Post Office, DIY, Chemist, Petrol.
- Somersham Village 3.5 miles - Pubs, Chip shop, Garage, Tyre repair, Chemist, Tesco Express, Petrol.
- St Ives town 8 miles - Beautiful town, with lots of historic features and the river Great Ouse. Supermarkets, Pubs, Restaurants, Shops, Chemists, Guided Busway to Cambridge.
Latest arrival time: 6:30 PM
Latest departure time: 11:00 AM
Minimum stay 2 nights (applies weekends)
Electric amperage: 14