Twentypence Road, Cottenham, Cambridgeshire, CB24 8PPView on map
Why stay here ...
This CL behind Lost Acres is part of an approximately 1.5 acre field, set in a 6.5 acre holding. Lost Acres is a newly re-commissioned CL and is once again open to its many visitors from the past who enjoyed the location, often repeating the experience year on year.
There is hardstanding for 5 units with electric hook ups, with a choice between pasture pitching or, in the event of particularly wet weather, the alternative of hardstanding pitches with plenty of room to spread out most of the time. It is separated from the main road by a 200 yard drive with a locked gate and a belt of trees, offering wind and noise protection.
We are working on building up a smallholding with friendly livestock, such as pigs (sometimes we will have piglets), a small flock of mixed breed sheep, chickens and rabbits. If you are interested in animals, all of which offer their own entertaining antics, you may not venture out very often! Please be aware, though, that some of them have methods for gaining attention which do not always respect late risers.
The majority of our livestock are behind electric fences. Please look out for the warning notices as dogs and children need to be kept away from these fences.
If big dramatic, open skies and wildlife are your thing, you may not want to move far from your caravan. There is a certain kind of peace to be had from sitting in a field, watching the sun set in a majestic fen sky, as the countryside beds down for the night. However, the bustling university city of Cambridge, cathedral city of Ely; historic Cromwellian town of Huntingdon; horse racing town of Newmarket and the cathedral and shopping city of Peterborough are all within easy reach by car, rail or bus. Even London is less than an hour from Waterbeach railway station - 15 minutes away.
Our CL is a peaceful place, but there is plenty locally for activity seekers to:
- Kelsey Kerridge Sports centre and Parkside swimming pool (Cambridge).
- Walking - from site. For the intrepid and well booted, there is an overgrown path, accessible via a plank over a ditch. Please talk to us first if this takes your fancy.
- Cycling - Cambridgeshire is lovely and flat for cycling. There is a loop of around 6 miles from the gate, more than half of which is a quiet single-track lane and takes in Cottenham village pubs for lunch. Smithy Fen, half a mile away comprises miles of single-track lanes.
- Cycling to the garden centre in Wilburton for breakfast and to visit the pottery is great for a lazy Sunday morning.
- Cycle or drive to NT Wicken Fen and pick up the Ely/Wicken Fen National Cycle Route.
- Children - for animal lovers there are plenty of friends to be made on site. Cottenham Maze and Petting Farm is nearby and a Riding School at Smithy Fen.
- Eating - Community Cafe, two Pubs, award winning Curry House, Fish and Chips and Chinese takeaway in Cottenham.
- Supermarkets - Co-op, Post Office and corner shops in Cottenham.
- Transport - regular bus service to Cambridge from Cottenham. Plenty of street parking.
- Guided bus from Oakington to St Ives, Huntingdon, Cambridge and Peterborough.
- Milton Park and Ride to Cambridge, 15 minutes drive.
- We will soon have online booking and payment available - keep a look out on our website.
Latest arrival time: 10:00 PM
Latest departure time: 3:00 PM
You need to be a Club member to view directions to this Certificated Location. Log in
- CB24 8PP
- Lat 52.303744 / Lon 0.152579
- OS field ref:
- OS map ref:
- Bus stop within 1 mile
- Buses go to: Cambridge, Cottenham, Ely
- Daily public transport within 1 mile
- Park and ride goes to Cambridge
- Park and ride within 5 miles
Log in to write a review