Sandbeds Caravan Site
Sandbeds Farm, Gressingham, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2 8LYView on map
Why stay here ...
Situated in the heart of the picturesque Lune Valley with stunning views across the River Lune to Hornby Castle & beyond, this peaceful site will appeal to nature lovers, walkers, cyclists and those just looking for some peace & tranquillity.
All pitches are hard standing with electric hook ups and grey water drainage, there are also multiple fresh water points on site and a chemical disposal point.
The location makes this an ideal base to explore the Lake District, North Yorkshire Dales and historic Lancaster or to simply relax and unwind in a designated area of outstanding natural beauty.
In the nearby village of Hornby (2m) is a local village store, traditional butchers, post office, tea room, swimming pool and 2 village pubs / restaurants.
Opportunities abound for cycling & walking for all abilities.
Local attractions within driving/cycling distance include:
- Historic Lancaster (11m), Lancaster Castle, Lancaster Maritime Museum, City Museum, Williamson Park, home to the iconic Ashton Memorial and Butterfly House.
- For golf lovers, courses can be found at Bentham (9m), Casterton (9m), Silverdale (10m), Morecambe (10m), Kirkby Lonsdale (11m).
- For those that like watersports, Capernwray Diving Centre (5m) recognised as the best diving centre in the North of England, Pine Lake (7m) waterskiing, wakeboarding, kayaking canoeing and fun rides, Bay Sea School, Morecambe(11m) for learning to sail and the best way to experience the famous Morecambe Bay.
- Fishing is available at Redwell Fisheries (3m), (carp, bream & tench), Borwick Fishing, gold level accredited 80 acre fishery,(carp, pike catfish, bream & others) (5m), Bank House fly fishing & Lune river fishing (salmon & trout) (7m).
- For nature lovers and particularly bird enthusiasts, RSPB Nature Reserve Leighton Moss (10m) is a renowned nature reserve and site of special scientific interest.
- The traditional market towns of Kirkby Lonsdale (8m) & Ingleton (10m) famed for its waterfalls & caves, also offer a range of cafes, bars, restaurants, independent shops and beautiful walks.
Latest arrival time: 8:00 PM
Some sloping pitches
Levelling blocks required
Electric amperage: 16
You need to be a Club member to view directions to this Certificated Location. Log in
- LA2 8LY
- Lat 54.11558 / Lon -2.654313
- OS field ref:
- OS map ref:
- Buses go to: Hornby Kirby Lonsdale
- Nearest train station: Wennington
Log in to write a review