Church Lane, South Scarle, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG23 7JSView on map
Why stay here ...
Corner Cottage CL is a peaceful and tranquil site with easy access to both Lincoln and Newark and the surrounding areas. We are less than 3 miles from the main A46 (Lincoln/Newark) and 4.5 miles from the main A1 Newark turn off. Our pitches are tucked away on large 13m lawned grass flat pitches with uninterrupted views across the surrounding fields and countryside. Electric hook up (16 amp) is available to all pitches and there is plenty of space for awnings. Our site is securely fenced in and doggy friendly with several great dog walks directly from the site (off lead in most areas). We are surrounded by a variety of local wildlife including deer, rabbits and hares, a huge variety of birds and squirrels to name but a few. You won't hear any road noise apart from the odd tractor. All pitches enjoy sunshine from morning till sunset (British weather depending of course!!).
There are numerous pubs in the surrounding villages we can recommend which also serve excellent meals for all budgets. The nearest pub serving food and drink is within 0.5 mile walking distance.
Collingham village is 1.5 miles from our CL site and it is a thriving friendly community which offers you easy access to all the usual amenities eg pubs and restaurants, supermarket, cash machine, excellent Fish and Chip shop, very reputable and tasty Chinese restaurant/takeaway (and they deliver!), florist and gift shop, excellent local butcher, post office (including banking facilities), hairdressers, beauty treatment salons and a chemist. Collingham also has a local train station giving really quick and easy access to Lincoln, Newark and Nottingham if you prefer not to drive. Taxis are also available should you need to book one.
Local tourist attractions and activities include:
- Newark Castle and town centre (8 miles)
- Newark Showground & Antiques Fair (4.3 miles)
- Lincoln Cathedral (Uphill Bailgate district 14 miles)
- Lincoln Christmas Market (14 miles)
- Lincoln University & town centre (12 miles)
- Lincolnshire Showground (16 miles)
- Fishing lakes (1-2 miles)
- Doddington Hall and Gardens, Tea Room & Farm Shop (7.5 miles)
- Stapleford Ancient Woodlands (4 miles)
- Eden Hall Day Spa (14 miles)
- The Pheasant Brewery (12 miles)
- Market towns of Tuxford, Retford and Southwell are all approx. 15 miles away
We have a selection of day to day essentials available to buy in our reception area should you run out, together with local supplies of free range eggs and fresh vegetables as well as locally baked cakes and cooked meals available (subject to availability).
If you are "pushed" for time before you leave home we can offer a pre-order food pack service which will be ready for you to collect on arrival (full details on request).
We are "caravanners" ourselves so we are delighted to have created what we consider to be our perfect CL site where we hope our guests will come and relax and enjoy their stay with us and return time after time.
Latest arrival time: 8:00 PM
Latest departure time: 12:00 PM
Electric amperage: 16
You need to be a Club member to view directions to this Certificated Location. Log in
- NG23 7JS
- Lat 53.167658 / Lon -0.75149
- OS field ref:
- OS map ref:
- Bus stop within 1 mile
- Buses go to: Newark, Lincoln
- Daily public transport within 1 mile
- Nearest train station: Collingham
- Train station within 5 miles
Log in to write a review