The UK's No.1 Forest Adventure, the classic and original Go Ape - experience. Fly down zip-wires, leap off Tarzan Swings...View and Book
Lamin's Lane, Mansfield Road , Arnold, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG5 8PHView on map
Why stay here ...
Set in rural Nottinghamshire, yet just 5 miles north of Nottingham City Centre, Tophouse Farm Club CL is a back to basics haven. The site is 0.75 acres and is a flat, well-drained grass site. There is one hard standing pitch and four grass, all with 360 degree rural views. Each pitch is divided by a small copse of trees and planted with snowdrops and daffodils and with a small bluebell wood in the middle of the site. Each pitch has its own bird table and nest box to encourage the local wildlife.
Access is through a 25 foot wide double gateway off a privately owned tarmac farm lane. This quiet CL is surrounded by farmland and overlooks horse paddocks to two sides with magnificent views of the recently converted Victorian Bestwood Pumping Station, now comprising private fitness facilities with a public bar and restaurant just 600 yards away.
- Woodside Riding Stables - 1 mile.
- Ramsdale public golf course -1.5 miles.
- Bestwood Country Park (1 mile away), a 650 acre public park, the former estate of the Duke of St. Albans, descendants of the liaison between King Charles II and Nell Gwyn.
- Newstead Abbey (3 miles away), the former home of the celebrated poet Lord Byron. House and gardens open to the public.
- Sherwood Forest and the Major Oak (10 miles) - home to the outlawed Robin Hood.
- Rufford and Clumber Park are both within 30 minutes drive, as are the rest of the Dukeries.
- Chatsworth House and estate, home to the Duke of Devonshire, is within a 45 minute drive.
- The Watersports Centre, Holme Pierpoint, is 30 minutes away.
- The acclaimed Nottingham University and Trent Universities are both just 20 minutes away.
- Nottingham City Centre is just 5 miles away, with excellent shopping facilities, two theatres, music arena and ice skating rink.
- Bus stop outside the farmhouse to Nottingham/Mansfield (270 metres walk from CL).
- Tram stations to Nottingham City Centre within three miles.
- Local shop Redhill Stores within one mile, and Asda and Sainsbury's within 2 miles.
- Lakeside restaurant (0.25 mile).
- The Banyan Tree Indian restaurant (within 0.25 miles).
- Seven Mile Carvery (within 2 miles).
- The Ram Inn (within a mile).
- The Burnt Stump Pub and restaurant (within two miles).
- The Travellers' Rest Chef & Brewer (within 3 miles).
- The Hutt Chef & Brewer (within 4 miles).
- Lowdham Caravans NG14 7ES (15 minutes away).
Latest arrival time: 12:00 AM
Electric amperage: 16
Great savings on days out
Offers available to Club members
You need to be a Club member to view directions to this Certificated Location. Log in
- NG5 8PH
- Lat 53.033963 / Lon -1.140859
- OS field ref:
- OS map ref:
- Buses go to: Nottingham, Chesterfield
- Daily public transport within 1 mile
- Nearest train station: Nottingham
- Train station within 5 miles
Log in to write a review