East Lyng, Taunton, Somerset, TA3 5ARView on map
Why stay here ...
- We are located in the beautiful Somerset countryside on the edge of the Somerset levels, 8 miles east of Taunton. Our location is ideal for those appreciating a bit of space, peace and tranquillity and also perfectly situated for those wishing to explore the local surroundings and attractions.
- With space for just 5 touring caravans/motorhomes, there is lots of space. We have 3 hardstanding pitches and 2 grass pitches, all with power and water available.
- Dogs and careful owners welcome.
- Do WiFi but great 4G reception
- Local cycling and walking. Clear night skies. No light pollution.
- There is a railway line at the end of the field, but it is below level ground and not intrusive.
- Parsons Cider production 1/3 mile
- Burrow Mump (National Trust, no charge) 2.5 miles
- Somerset Space Walk 2.5 miles
- Local shop, pub/restaurant and post office at North Curry 2.7 miles
- Coates English Willow visitor centre 3 miles
- Musgrove Willows and wetlands visitor centre 5 miles
- Hestercombe House & Gardens 6 miles
- Taunton town - extensive facilities, including swimming, bowling, cinema, racecourse, cricket. Mainline train station 7 miles.
- Langport - lovely small town with boat hire, paddle boarding & bike hire and shops 8.3 miles
- West Somerset railway (start your journey at Bishops Lydeard to Watchet and Minehead on a steam train (timetable dependant) 12 miles
- Clarks outlet village 13 miles
- Glastonbury with its famous Tor and Abbey ruins 15 miles
- Wookey Hole 21 miles
- Cheddar caves and gorge 22 miles
- Watchet Harbour Marina along the Jurassic Coast 24 miles
- Weston Super Mare seaside resort 28 miles
- Dunster Castle (National Trust) 28 miles
- Local cycle routes
- Recycling facilities
- TV reception
- 10A electric hook ups
- Hardstanding or grass
Latest arrival time: 9:00 PM
Latest departure time: 2:00 PM
Electric amperage: 10
Log in to write a review