Chard, Somerset, TA20 2NAView on map
Why stay here ...
This is a quiet and peaceful site in a good area for walking with plenty of dog walks nearby. There is a golf course within 5 miles and they are only 1 mile from Sustrans Cycle Route 33. Forton House is motorhome friendly with storage pitchs available adjacent and fully serviced pitches. They are also able to offer assistance for walking disabled.
Forton House CL is best described by the reviews. As Club members ourselves we have tried to create a site which is the sort of place we would love to stay at and we are always keen to hear how we can improve the site, which has developed over three years from your feedback.
- A large level site with enough room for all 5 visitors to have hard standings or grass, whatever is preferred. All pitches are long, so we can cater for large motorhomes.
- Dogs very welcome with walks nearby.
- A very peaceful and quiet site with no traffic noise.
- A bus service gives access to neighbouring towns leaving every 2 hours for a day out on foot.
- Cyclists can link up with the Sustrans national cycle network, route 33 close by.
- Electric Hook-ups are high output 16A.
"This must be up there with the best CLs we have visited in our 40 years in the Club."
"This is a little gem. Its a quiet site behind an old house, set in a small field surrounded by horse paddocks and hedges...You're well placed to visit the south coast, Lyme Regis, West Bay, Charmouth, Seaton and Beer all within 30 minutes or so through some lovely countryside."
"Would definitely recommend this site and would definitely return. Nothing to fault it."
"Very pleasant site with good facilities. Twice caught the local bus into Crewkerne (bus stop just down the road from the site entrance)."
"...one of the best maintained CLs we have visited...will be back again next year."
"had a great walk along nearby footpaths, slept well in absolute peace and quiet. We will definitely be using this site again."
Peter looks forward to welcoming you to his CL.
Electric amperage: 16
You need to be a Club member to view directions to this Certificated Location. Log in
- TA20 2NA
- Lat 50.8591 / Lon -2.942554
- OS field ref:
- OS map ref:
- Bus stop within 1 mile
- Daily public transport within 1 mile
Log in to write a review