Shatterford, Bewdley, Worcestershire, DY12 1TRView on map
Why stay here ...
- Conveniently situated at 650 ft ASL along the Worcestershire Way, there are many splendid walks from this location including two arboretums, one of which has trees dating back as far as the crusades and the other having an Earth Centre with a cafe.
- A one-acre lawned flat area with views to seven counties also Wales, weather permitting. Good TV reception.
- Convenience and tranquility is paramount with this site. There are many attractions within a short distance by car including shops, whilst a good restaurant and pub are within walking distance.
- Dogs on a lead, please.
- Look forward to seeing you soon, Gaz and Andrea.
|Date||Pitch + All Occupants|
Types of pitch: grass, hardstanding
Electric hook up available
Latest arrival time: 12:00 AM
You need to be a Club member to view directions to this Certificated Location. Log in
- DY12 1TR
- Lat 52.4238 / Lon -2.30611
- OS field ref:
- OS map ref:
- Daily public transport within 1 mile
- Nearest train station: Kidderminster
- Train station within 5 miles
Log in to write a review
We were here for a couple of nights early in September, and were lucky to have the place to ourselves. After some wet weather the grass pitches (which are all on a slope despite the site description) were unusable and there is only one hardstanding space- room for a van on the drive rather than a proper pitch-and that slopes even more. As no more visitors turned up until we were hitching up to leave, this was no great problem, but if the site had been busy I don't know what would have happened. The owners were away during our visit, but the lady who came out to meet us could not have been more helpful. The loo was not inspiring, a better fitting door would help. Having said all that, the views from site are truly wonderful, and there are many interesting places to visit within a short drive. Would we go again? Possibly, but only if it hadn't rained for a long time.
Comment from the Club
The CL owners have been in touch as they work hard to maintain the site and want to ensure that everyone has the best possible time when staying with them. As such they would like to address the concerns you have raised. The CL owner was called away on family business but didn’t want to ruin your holiday by cancelling and as such they organised a friend to be on hand in case you needed any assistance and we are delighted that you found her very helpful. For future reference, there is a designated area by the rose arch and there are two drives designed and signposted to gain access to the pitches and forecourt area. The toilet facility is there for members convenience and is always kept sparkling clean with a fresh towel changed regularly along with hand wash and an abundant supply of toilet roll. The door has unfortunately warped a little due to it not being closed after use to which the site has added a temporary sign asking people to please close the door as it does swing in the wind and gains more ingress with the rain. However, the fixtures both inside and out do give security when inside. The CL owners will look to see if the winter’s repairs and ongoing maintenance programme will incorporate a new hardwood door, and likewise the impending works will see a brand new hard standing area which will accommodate two units running along the other side of the David Austin rose arch area. The extra costing may well increase the daily charge to the visitors of the site but they hope that won’t happen as they love to have people staying and enjoying to the full their facilities and all that the wonderful area offers.