New pricing in handbook

chunda123 replied on 15/07/2019 18:06

Posted on 15/07/2019 18:06

We have been members for many years on and of since the 1970's and this is the first time I have had to write.

I don't like the new pricing in the 2019 handbook. We went to a site in Wales this June 2019

and it said in the handbook (I quote)  2019 prices from £8.90 per night for pitch and one adult.

However we paid over £23.00 for the night. That was for two adults. That means one second adult was £15.00. This was called a booking fee. The pricing is not clear. We looked

in the handbook and you now have to download the correct price guide. 

Sorry CMC this is a bit misleading.

Please bring back the old way of pricing.

Moderator Comment - Moved from the Story Section

replied on 15/07/2019 18:56

Posted on 15/07/2019 18:56

Online prices are perfectly transparent. As JVB says price booklet available for the cost of a phonecall

moulesy replied on 15/07/2019 19:21

Posted on 15/07/2019 19:21

I don't think the "from" price is likely to apply in June is it? So the £15 difference was neither for the second adult nor a booking fee.  When did you book the site? Did the price you paid not appear on your confirmation?

In some ways it makes more sense to quote for a pitch & 1 adult since that's the minimum that can arrive on site, but I've no idea why the change was made this year.

DavidKlyne replied on 15/07/2019 21:57

Posted on 15/07/2019 21:57

Chunda

I have moved your post here as discussions is a more appropriate place for you comments.

The price quoted is the lowest possible on any given campsite for a  pitch and one person. This obviously means the starting price which will rise as the seasons influence the pricing structure. Fees for additional people and children, if any, have to be added. I don't know if the Club intend to amend this way of doing things but it won't be until 2021 season as the directory lasts for two years.

David

Tammygirl replied on 15/07/2019 22:14

Posted on 15/07/2019 19:21 by moulesy

I don't think the "from" price is likely to apply in June is it? So the £15 difference was neither for the second adult nor a booking fee.  When did you book the site? Did the price you paid not appear on your confirmation?

In some ways it makes more sense to quote for a pitch & 1 adult since that's the minimum that can arrive on site, but I've no idea why the change was made this year.

Posted on 15/07/2019 22:14

To some degree I would agree with the pitch + 1. 

What I think is a bit underhand is that when quoting that price, its only usually available for a couple of days in the year. 

If all you have is the handbook when out touring then trying to find the price is not easy. I know its not impossible,  it looks like the new format is proving to be not welcomed by most of its members. 

SteveL replied on 16/07/2019 07:46

Posted on 16/07/2019 07:46

I don't think it's particularly misleading, especially as it says from. Particularly to someone who has used the CC over a number of years. You tend to have a rough idea of what to expect.

However, I do think it's pointless. Either publish a min - max range, preferably for standard pitch with EHU + 2. Or remove prices altogether and go with the downloadable / requestable suppliment.

I would show the range as rounded full pounds, so you might see (17 - 33) It wouldn't take up any more room and in my opinion be more useful.

replied on 16/07/2019 08:10

Posted on 16/07/2019 08:10

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook